[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are snipers (not designated marksmen) still relevant now that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Are snipers (not designated marksmen) still relevant now that we have drones?
>>
>>28272118
Yeah, for situations where you'd want no/little collateral damage

>implying we care about collateral damage anyway
>>
yes, very

they more often than not double as ground reconnaissance assets. Ground recon and intel are still vital components of the commander's link with the battlespace, blah blah
>>
>Three leafed clover
What does it meeeeeeeeeaaan
>>
>>28272283
Royal Irish Regiment
>>
>>28272346
That's an odd way to spell "FUCKING TRAITOR"
>>
>>28272432
More Irish fight for the UK than for Ireland so technically traitors are the majority which would make the loyalists the traitors
>>
>>28272466
Heh, TIL. Still, I guess that's pretty easy when Ireland has no military outside their small defense force.
>>
>>28272491
On average when an applicant for the IDF gets accepted they have to turn away 90 others. Couldn't imagine a military being that hard to join.
>>
>>28272118
>Are people who can remove a target with little to no collateral damage still relevant now that we can blow shit up?
>>
>>28272118
I get it, muzzle down in aircraft. I know the AIs that the Brits use a braked, but not being able to see it and just imagining a precision rifle with its crown on the deck makes my eye twitch.
>>
>>28272558
same
>>
>>28272432
Fuck off you paddy bastard
>>
>>28272466
more frogs fought for the third reich than for france
>>
>>28272558

glad i wasn't the only one.
>>
>>28272283
3channer
>>
File: 1450142719898.jpg (425 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1450142719898.jpg
425 KB, 2048x1365
>>
>>28272118
i would put snipers in drones and try that out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.