[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Rifles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: WhichOne.jpg (114 KB, 1280x556) Image search: [Google]
WhichOne.jpg
114 KB, 1280x556
Alrighty, /Weapons/.

What do you keep in your car?

Which of these two guns is better suited for use as a car rifle?

I'm looking for something to possibly keep in the trunk of a Corolla. I narrowed it down to these two because they fit my basic constraints for a rifle intended to be kept in the back of an econobox sedan.

-Iron sights
-Bolt action
-Full size cartridge with capable of firing modern FMJ and Soft Point rounds
-Can be fed from stripper clips
-Not expensive, can easily be repaired if broken or replaced if stolen or broken beyond my abilities to fix

Really, the main thing I would have a rifle in the trunk for is to dispatch animals if needed. I would get something like a Ruger Gunsite Scout, but it's pretty expensive for something I plan on putting in the trunk and occasionally plinking with.
>>
Mauser in .308 imo. Some converted rifles are pretty baller and cheap
>>
>>28271830
Moist nugget senpai, ammo is cheep accurate and will fuck up any car/ person causing a threat
>>
File: DSC_0815.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0815.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I conceal carry a S&W 442 so that's with me. Nothing specific for my car. Me personally was thinking of a pistol grip shotgun or a folding stock AK.
>>
File: 1419436111268.jpg (76 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1419436111268.jpg
76 KB, 1023x682
>>28271830
>What do you keep in your car?

a car
>>
not a rifle, but kept a maverick 88 in the trunk.
>>
What's the short Mosin model called?

I just remember the super duper long one is an M91 and the regular long one is an M91/30.
>>
>>28271878
I would, but the AR I am currently planning on building is something I don't want getting stolen by meth heads looking to make a quick buck by stealing the shit in my car.

>>28271861
I thought about this, too. I can get PPU 8mm for about as much as PPU 54R at AIM, and I'd only be buying a few boxes at a time to keep with the rifle and plink with.

>>28271892
Thought about a shotgun, but I'd feel more comfortable with a rifle.

>>28271904
There are three that I can think of. The one in the pic is an M38, the M44 has an integral folding bayonet, and the M91/51 rifles were made as cut down 1891s and 91/30s in one of the Balkans IIRC
>>
how about a cz 527 or the cheaper zastava m 85 in 762x39?
>>
File: CAR15 BHP-1.jpg (3 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
CAR15 BHP-1.jpg
3 MB, 5616x3744
>>28271878
Oddly enough this too is what I keep in the trunk of my Crown Vic at the moment.
>>
>>28271962
Honestly, I completely forgot about those x39 bolt action rifles. I will have to look into those.
>>
>>28271830
Based on your described need, I strongly recommend the following:

Mossberg 590A1 12ga shotgun, catalog #51518
- 18.5" barrel
- ghost ring sights
- 6 round capacity
- 4 rounds at ready in speedfeed buttstock

For ammo, I highly recommend 2 3/4" Federal Vital-Shok 00 buckshot with their Flitecontrol shot cup -- the Flitecontrol is important, because you'll be able to extend the practical range of the buckshot to 60 yards. You can keep a box of cheap game loads in the trunk for blasting vermin, too, or slugs for reaching out to ~120 yards. A 12ga like the one I've suggested gives you a degree of flexibility a rifle cannot.

The old concept of a Col. Cooper scout rifle is mostly outdated. He had a lot of good insight during his life, but we're still talking about the man who said a .30-30 lever gun was the *ideal* police carbine. If you absolutely need a rifle for purposes beyond what you've described AND a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle is out of your price range, there exist many surplus and hunting rifles that can fit close enough to the idea of the scout. In this day and age, an AR or AK variant is far better for the original intended purpose of a scout rifle.
>>
Pawn store shotgun filled with buckshot.

Can't think of anything better to have in the trunk.
>>
What the fuck is with all these people suddenly asking about trunk guns?

There's basically no instance where having a CCW pistol on your belt wouldn't be the better option, and having a gun in your trunk is asking to arm Cleetus or Tyrone when they pop your lock or bust your window looking for something to sell for their next hit of crack.
>>
>>28272061
OP explained his reasoning.

>>28271962
>>28271986
Why not a SKS at that point?
>>
A .22 would make a nice car gun. Nogs wont steal it because they'll think its a bb gun.
>>
>>28271830
More like Kar rifles, am I right? huehuehe
>>
>>28272061
I agree Anon, to make things worse I have a feeling many of them have gun related stickers or clothing signaling themselves as gun owners
>>
>>28271915

If you aren't planning on buying those sweet sweet spam cans, but new factory 54R, the Mauser is a MUCH nicer rifle. A little more costly, but a much nicer rifle. So of you do take it plinking, it will be more enjoyable.
>>
>>28272061
I imagine they live in the middle of nowhere and it's for pigs/coyotes/pest animals
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.