[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys feel about the Sig Sauer 1911-22? Saw one for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: SG1911-22-FDE_1.jpg (7 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
SG1911-22-FDE_1.jpg
7 KB, 400x250
How do you guys feel about the Sig Sauer 1911-22? Saw one for sale and I want to hear some opinions.
>>
Enjoy your jams
>>
>>28271393

Would you like some toast with that jam?
>>
>>28271479
This, for some reason SIG cannot into .22lr.
>>
Weapons hero still has a few for 220 that are refurbished from a shotshow.

Haven't had any problems for mine. There are a few problems with a 22. High velocity german sports gun sold to the states. It's swimming in low quality ammo most time's.

Yes the paint will go. Yes you may need to blow 1k in rounds to get it how you like. And maybe call the company to fix your gun for free.

But it's a 1911 under 300 that shoots a 22. Lr.
There are no words to describe the fun This thing produces.
>>
>>28271599
Yeah. Gsg painted the inside of the rail's. Used a undersized guide rod, potmetal bushings and sold the gun for high end 22 ammo.

There are problems. But also solutions. It's the linux of guns. Don't like any of those things? Tell them it keeps jamming and have them replace it for you, for free.

Everyone's right. But it's not like these things can't be fixed.
>>
>>28271599
no semi-auto .22lr works well besides a couple of Rugers. the cartridge was just not designed for the pressures needed to cycle semi auto actions reliably.
>>
>>28271862
Buck marks and High Standards.
>>
>>28271876
What

Eehh

Vurr

>>
File: Browning_buckmark.jpg (494 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Browning_buckmark.jpg
494 KB, 1600x1200
>>28271862
no semi auto that was designed to replicate the looks of another gun works worth a shit

purpose built semiauto 22lrs like rugers or buckmarks work fine
hell even the old highstandards are great the key here is mainly steel construction and a small slide/bolt

if its zamak, zinc, or aluminum its shit
>>
>>28271851
>But it's not like these things can't be fixed.
they actually cant because the materials used to produce em are composed out of shit by necessity
the slide needs to be lightweight cause 22 doesnt produce that much force but at the sametime the slide needs to be large so it looks right this leads to them building the gun out of shit metals
the recoil spring has to be light which doesnt aid in reliability when the guns even slightly dirty it slows down and jams
>>
>>28271922
After fireing two 500 round boxes mine failed to fire twice.

That was winchester bulk.
The material of the gun has less to do with reliable feeding.

I'd like to argue here but i fon't see much to you're side. Shit alloys do what to make something jam again?

Is you're argument that 22. Can't put enough umf to properly cycle? Because thats a issue with the type of ammo and guidance for the spring then anything to do with the metal.

22. Isn't exactly a blacksmiths hammer.
>>
>>28271993
thats the thing with purpose built 22lrs shit will easily exceed 1k without cleaning as long as the ammo has no duds
i had a mkiii function flawlessly for 4k with the only cleaning being a boresnake and putting more oil in it

shitty look alikes will begin to gunk up around 300 you notice the slide movement slowing down and be jamtastic past 600 until you strip the thing down clean and reoil it
usually they are ammo picky to begin with

before you say well nobody will ever shoot more than 1k of 22lr before obama shooting 2000 rounds of 22lr one range trip was common and cost like 60-80 bucks its only 4 bulk packs
>>
>>28272077
Ah i can see where you're comming from then.

Powder fouling. The build up and gunk of 22. Starts to collect along the line's that the rail travel's. Slowing down the motion and adding friction. Causing failure's.

1911's however are made for those loose tolerances. Polished slide rails and lube should keep all 1911's functioning late into the night.

That dosn't mean it dose, but it's meant to be a loose whore.

I'll agree with you're core point. A 22. Should be designed for just that.
>>
I own one and it doesn't jam at all.
I replaced the guide rod and spring with better aftermarket stuff and it shoots totally fine with no problems.
>>
That is a solid case op.
Take the risk or play it safe? You're money.
If i could have either for the same money i'd take the ruger.

But for 250 the sig/gsg is a lotta gun. Just be aware of how much work you might need to have it like you.

Or you could pray for a sub 1k woodsman to fall in you're lap.
>>
>>28272150
Oh and lastly.

Threaded barrel's op. You can shoot it with a can!
>>
>>28272119
these ati/gsg guns arent really 1911s though
not true ones anyways and not made to even close to meeting the low standards of an ria

what they are are mediocre conversion kits stuck on a frame that meets the dimensional standards of a 1911 but the materials are not that great
>>
I'd rather buy a 226 Mk25 for the money
>>
>>28272171
80% compatible. Same action, slide recoil system housing magazine and saftey's.

It's not metal. Sure. But it dosn't need to be. Shooting a 22 puts much less functional strain on the gun then those clown cartridges. It can afford to be made out of zinc.

It will still function to those loose tolerances. And may even longer to wear out.
>>
File: High_standard_004.jpg (2 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
High_standard_004.jpg
2 MB, 2272x1704
Hijacking this .22 pistol thread

Thoughts on the High Standard Victor or similar HS models?

I'm looking to get into handgun ownership in Ausfailia, which requires club attendance to justify ownership, so I figured a .22 would be a good target/club pistol.
>>
>>28272841
those are nice the issue is replacement parts though. if anything breaks the guns fucked
its going to be a couple decades old at a minimum so somethings bound to need replacement
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.