[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unarmed police - yay or nay? Do you think your local police could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 540x405
Unarmed police - yay or nay?
Do you think your local police could be partly or wholly disarmed?
>>
>>28271325
I think civilian law enforcement should adhere to the same laws that bind every other civilian, other than that there's little point in disarming them further.
>>
>>28271345
Have an upvote. I agree with that.
>>
>>28271345
To reduce accidents?
>>
British and NZ and Dutch seem to do alright
>>
>>28271361
Pretty sure if you add up all machine gun and SBR deaths AND wounding it would still be hilariously low. More on principal, the fact they and their friends and family can get out of tickets is frankly bullshit.
>>
>>28271325
Urban patrol officers, campus cops and SROs could do without an issued firearm, but I'd consider them carrying a personal firearm acceptable. The US has too many small police departments responsible for large rural areas where a armed fast response team isn't a realistic option.
>>
>>28271403
Hundreds every year
>>
>>28271380

Unarmed British and NZ cops would be fucking massacred if you dropped them into Detroit or any other nignog heavy city in America.
>>
>>28271405
>campus cops and SROs
I find it bizarre this is even a thing
>The US has too many small police departments responsible for large rural areas where a armed fast response team isn't a realistic option.
Yet every county force now has their own little swat
>>
>>28271489
British aren't completely disarmed, a certain ratio are designated armed officers
And maybe they'd do something about the poverty and crime instead of just throwing people in jail?
>>
Liberal tyrants feel the need to disarm and effectively castrate everyone else
>>
>>28271509
Well with a disarmed police force how will they enforce their tyranny?
>>
Highway patrol should not have firearms

Any female or non white officer should not have a firearm

Fat officers should not have firearms

It still boggles my mind that body cameras are not mandatory every where now

Wedding need cops with guns, you should have your own. The police just show up late and blame me for defending myself
>>
>>28271607

"Any female or non white officer should not have a firearm"

Did you even finish high school?
>>
>>28271325
Unarmed police is a really shitty idea considering cops are the ones you call when violent shit happens

>>28271502
Oh yeah how do you reckon they'd do that retard
>>
>>28271361
no, to reduce the cop's "better than you" attitude. if they want to restrict the citizens of a state to 10 round mag limits, the cops only need 10 rounds as well
>>
>>28271639

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>28271325
If they're unarmed, what fucking good are they against an armed criminal?
Reminds me of that video of 13 Bongland police being intimidated by one nigger with a baseball bat.
>>
>>28271721

You should have armed and unarmed cops

No reason why the cops writing speeding tickets need guns

A cop responding to a violent situation should be armed though
>>
>>28271712
If you're going to go retard you may as well go full retard, and not let women and niggers out of the kitchen / plantation at all.

>>28271704
Wouldn't mind if police were issued suppressors, even if only on trunk rifles. Might make them seem a bit less 'bad guy /assassin only' to the retarded public
>>
>>28271325

I don't think anyone should be disarmed.
>>
>>28271747
Just because a police officer writes speeding tickets doesn't mean that encompasses his entire job.
It doesn't make sense for an officer that's already out on duty and close enough to respond to an emergency to have to go back to the station to get a gun instead of just carrying his gun on him at all times.
>>
>>28271785
if we banned guns, police wouldnt need them though because no one would have them
>>
>>28271757

>tripping
>sjw
>calling others retarded

O/10

Not even worth a reaction image
>>
Nay

They could use a hell of a lot more training though
>>
>>28271795
>no one would have guns if guns were illegal
Oh sure, just like how cocaine/meth/heroin/pot being illegal means that criminals NEVER have any of those, right?
>>
>>28271747
>I would have helped stop that armed robbery but I didn't have a gun. Oh well I'll just ticket some guy for going 55 in a 50 zone instead!
>>
>>28271639
White cops shoot blacks 11 times more than whites. Black cops shoot blacks 3 times more than whites. Obviously black cops are slacking on duty and simply adding holster wear to weapons that could be being used to stop crime.
>>
If politicians can have armed guards with machine guns, civilians should be allowed that too.

Only, like, 5 or 6 generations ago it was legal for private citizens to own fucking legit battleships, with the highest technology of the day.

You can still legally own a fully armed ship of the line, right?
>>
>>28271868
lololol
>>
>>28271868
More likely is the fact that there simply aren't nearly as many black police officers as there are white police officers.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n1fl58qCsH1qc52mr.gif (519 KB, 250x162) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n1fl58qCsH1qc52mr.gif
519 KB, 250x162
>unarmed police
>>
>>28271325
I think that any future regulations on civilian gun ownership should be applies to police forces.

If civilians don't need them, neither do police.
>>
>>28271948
exactly. and police ARE civilians, a lot of people seem to forget that
>>
>>28271964
>This is what the goyim actually believe
>>
>>28271975
>police forces are not the military

Yep, it checks out, they're civilians. If an AWB passes, it should apply to the police as well. If it's unlawful for a civilian to own a post '86 FA gun, so should it be for the police.
>>
File: 1449355858640.jpg (51 KB, 434x500) Image search: [Google]
1449355858640.jpg
51 KB, 434x500
>>28271975
Thanks, Chaim.
>>
>>28271380
dutch police carry guns nigger
>>
File: SJW.jpg (82 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
SJW.jpg
82 KB, 500x481
>>28271845

>Think of the children Anon!
>>
>>28271868
Got a source on that claim, or are you pulling bs out?
>>
>>28271489
Probably, we don't have that problem here though.
>>
Brit cops can only shot someone in a situation that would also be leagel for a citizen to do the same. The same self defense laws cover both.
>>
>>28271325
on the one hand I don't trust the fuckers on the other I wouldn't want to do their job completely unarmed.
>>
>>28271796
Replying is an automatic 2/10
>>
>>28271495
Keep in mind that most county police department SWAT teams are made up of patrol officers that need a good amount of time to drop what they are doing and gear up in the event of an emergency.

They aren't just sitting in the van ready to go like you would need an armed response unit to be.

Even then you run into the problem of how geographically large some of these areas are. If it takes them twenty miniuts to reach a probem with lights and sirens on then disarmed police aren't a good option.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.