[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns that surprised you, after holding one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: ACR-4.jpg (101 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ACR-4.jpg
101 KB, 800x600
First time I held a Glock, I was shocked, went all; "..It's a toy" "LOL plastic" etc. Eventually, I bought one. Well yesterday, I handled a Remington ACR at my local shop. And goddamn. The amount of plastic it's made of bugs me to no end. If the guy told me it was a Chinese airgun, I'd have believed it. Sloppy, wiggling parts. Mold lines. The color, quality, and texture of the fancy high density polymer reminds me of the interior of an early 90's import. To me, it says ZERO craftsmanship put into it. I know, it's designed to be a combat weapon. But the amount of play in the components was mind boggling. John M Browning would b disappoint
>>
>>28270653
Browning was actually a proponent for loose tolerances, was he not?
>>
>>28270653
Nothing wrong with loose tolerances friend.
>>
sTILL, waY too much plastic
>>
probably the USP 9, really kind of surprised me when i rented it at a range one time. i felt very comfy shooting it but i also didn't like it until a couple mags into it.
>>
>>28270653
shitfag 1911 retard detected
>>
>>28270653
isn't some loose tolerances in non-critical areas good since too tight a tolerance on everything means any problem or dirt and the gun stops operating?
>>
I remember being a CoD kiddie playing WaW and using the Arisaka. When I actually got to hold one it was a lot heavier than I'd imagined.
>>
>>28270677
Big one actually. Some of things he insisted when the M1911 and Hi power went into production was that the factories kept to the same tolerances he had listed instead of tightening it up seeing as they were military spec firearms that gunsmiths couldn't afford the time nor effort to custom fit parts for each one when their fucking triggers had to be replaced or the safeties or the barrels.

Said the same thing about most everything he designed.
>>
FAL. I always thought it was ugly as fuck. Then I felt the grip and the ergos completely change my mind.
>>
>>28270653
M1 Carbine. Figured it'd be boring as fuck minor league shit compared to the Garand. Turned out to be a blast to shoot.
>>
>>28271297
toleranes vs clearance
>>
>>28271297
Loose tolerances are nothing but good 99% of the time. High precision of the machine to make the parts in dead center of those is what makes accurate guns possible.
>>
>>28271344
This.

I STILL put more rounds through my m1 carbine every year than my garand
>>
File: fal.jpg (49 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
fal.jpg
49 KB, 533x400
>>28271337
really? i've always loved the look of FALs. I'm strongly considering it for my battle rifle.

I was completely surprised by the MCX, not that i was expecting much. The ergos on it were fucking horrible, somehow.
>>
>>28271352
Loose tolerances are almost always bad.
Loose fit can be good.
Learn the difference.
>>
>>28271313
CoD:WaW taught me the joys of bayonetting in games.
>>
File: 20151001_172946.jpg (1 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20151001_172946.jpg
1 MB, 4160x2340
>>28270653
Fwiw my bushmaster acr is awesome. I love it. Only drawback is I have the enhanced and the quad rail is bulky I want to get the standard handguard.. Other then that it functions great it's plenty accurate and the action is smooth as silk. Just my 2 cents. Btw don't mind the junky sight. Haven't decided what I want on it.
>>
Vector, didn't expect it to be as comfy as it was.
>>
File: ksp58_1.jpg (15 KB, 900x411) Image search: [Google]
ksp58_1.jpg
15 KB, 900x411
After I tried to shoot KSP while standing up and aiming down the sights, I realized just how fucking heavy it is.
>>
>>28270653
Basic standard AKM. I'd been told over and over that it would be heavy and uncomfortable and crude, but I picked one up the first time and it just felt right. The ergos seem to fit me very well. I'm sure I'll eventually get one, sometime...
>>
File: JG_P90_TR_As_Elec_G_AEG_Rif.jpg (15 KB, 700x276) Image search: [Google]
JG_P90_TR_As_Elec_G_AEG_Rif.jpg
15 KB, 700x276
P-90, thought it might be awkward to hold, feel weird, etc. Then I held and shot one, fell in love with the ergonomics and feel, Dream gun to own sbr'ed
>>
>>28271485
Really? I actually loved the ergos on the mcx. I thought I was going to hate the handguard but it felt surprisingly good. I might just have an odd taste in handguards tho. I hated my KMR needle dick rail which everyone seems to love
>>
I thought HK pistols were supposed to feel nice. after shooting the usp9, p2000, and p30...they all are complete shit.
>>
Shot a Magnum Research Eagle 9mm at the range the other day.
A lot lighter than it looked. It was pretty nifty.
Shot nice. All in all, enjoyable experience.
>>
>>28273880
I know there's a rail so you can put other sights but how is the stock sight? Putting a red dot or something on there's looks like it would give a serious case of chin weld.
>>
>>28273819
lel

I had simmilar thing, but other way around. I shot AKs multiple times, got used to it, and then came a guy with AR. He let me fingerfuck it and shoot couple of rounds.
I was amazed how light it was, even my old airshit one was heavier, and how easy it was to shoot having no recoil and peep sights.
>>
>>28270653
Pretty much every Sig handgun ever. I grew up thinking they were awesome and how much i wanted to actually hold one. When i was old enough to go finger fuck one at a gun store it felt disgusting. Everything about it just felt wrong in my hands. Sucks cause i still think they are great guns and shoot them really well.
>>
File: DSC_4530-1024.jpg (103 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4530-1024.jpg
103 KB, 1024x685
>>28270653
I was surprised when I drew my issue M4. I had grown up with the expectation that Colt was a decent firearm. Granted this was 2010, but the rifle I was issued was absolute shit. The upper and lower were poorly mated, with a visible gap. You could see a light through the gap if you held the rifle up to it.

It also had a terrible finish and blemishes. It never shot well, despite my being the first to ever draw it.

Pic sort of related, it is the same config as what I was issued. M68 optic and foregrip.
>>
>>28271337
Same here. I was surprised to feel how light it was. Always thought it'd weigh aboutthe same as my ptr
>>
>>28277474
what rail covers are those
>>
File: RFB_3002.jpg (58 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
RFB_3002.jpg
58 KB, 640x270
This bad boy right here. I wanted to drop all my guns in bullpup kits after realizing how comfy they were.

Also like glocks, a lot of people love the way they feel a lot of people hate them. M&p's feel shitty, FNS feels good, vp9 was very comfy but i wont even consider one after that horrible torture test.

Sigs felt like shit. Heavy, shit ergos, and they seemed to point downward.

Hi points feel like holding a TV remote, like you can feel the hollowness of the plastic.

That AR7 survival rifle felt the same way, in fact I'm sure I could've crushed the stock. That thing felt like a nerf gun.
>>
>>28277700
KAC
>>
File: 1446248072755.jpg (70 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1446248072755.jpg
70 KB, 800x585
>>28270653
I'm not sure about the Remington ACRs but the Bushmasters, despite also being pretty much all plastic feel surprisingly stable. Although I have held some ACRs that feel a little loose and shabby, mine is about as tight as a virgin on her 13st birthday.
>inb4 Alabama

>>28273720
Yea, def go with the standard hanguard. Mine just molds into my hand like pic related.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.