[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bump fire stocks. What's the deal with these? Do they work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: black-1.jpg (85 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
black-1.jpg
85 KB, 300x181
Bump fire stocks.
What's the deal with these? Do they work well? Dosen't the gun need the recoil to hit your shoulder for the action to work?
In case you don't know supposedly these things transfer recoil in some way as to initiate another trigger pull so that you may discharge a semi-automatic rifle repeatedly without letting go of the trigger
>>
File: 94.jpg (312 KB, 980x1306) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
312 KB, 980x1306
They work fine. As for the recoil, the action works faster than the recoil against your shoulder. As long as the gun isn't recoil operated it will work. It's a way to blast through a bunch of money without shelling out quite as much as needed for a MG. They're a party trick for showing off to buddies at the range, but that's about it.
>>
>>28270208
i have a DefendAR-15

it works preddy gud
>>
>>28270208
They are useless shit for idiots who feel the need for something that resembles full auto. They make your gun less controllable, they reduce accuracy, they make you waste ammo.

Dont get me wrong: Full retard is necessary in some situations, but bumb fire, especially with special stocks, is just potato retardation.

Learn to deal with recoil so you can do follow on shots pretty quick and you will be much more effective, much deadlier with semi auto than with such a piece of shit.
>>
>>28270208
>I know very little about how an AR functions
>>
>>28272696
I've seen videos where they use them on RPKs and they are easily controllable
>>
No one here understands the notion of "fun"
>>
>>28272735
Fun is very different from the words "Practical", "Effective", or "Useful"
>>
>>28272743
>all rifles should be AR15s, all pistols should be glocks, no variance allowed
>>
>>28272748
>OP's question was strictly about how fun they are.
Take your pandering somewhere else.
>>
>>28272751
Just as soon as you stop being autistic.
>>
>>28270208
bump fire stocks are a nice little gadget, they could be very useful to a civilian in shtf.

>can be used to intimidate enemies by making them think you are a professional fighter with fully automatic weapons
>can actually be used as a fully automatic weapon if necessary
>can provide effective suppressing fire

the only real bad thing about bump fire stocks is that it wastes a lot of ammo and it seems that it may be hard to aim properly considering the gimmicky way of operating it. Though I would not know as I have never used one.
>>
>>28272760
>useful in SHTF
No they wouldn't. Spend the money on ammo to practice more.

>>28272755
see>>28272756
>>
>>28272772
>implying anything that gives even the slightest advantage over your enemies wouldn't be useful in shtf

by using your logic one could safely say that even having a gun would not be useful in shtf
>>
I have one and quickly determined it to be a gimmick. It sat in my closet for two year until I saw the bumpSAW concept on barfcom. Put a bipod on a bump stock AR and go to town. The shit is a riot and a great way to burn up ammo.

It is suprisingly accurate.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.