[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gulf War/Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: USMC_pursian_gulf.jpg (77 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
USMC_pursian_gulf.jpg
77 KB, 490x333
What can /k/ tell me about the Gulf War?

I've always found it fascinating, it was a huge display of conventional warfare with modern weaponry and just an enormous combined effort overall.
>>
File: Gulf-War.jpg (111 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Gulf-War.jpg
111 KB, 960x720
>>
My dad was in the Gulf war.
>>
>>28270195
Basically, it showed what happens when the US fights a real war. By the time the Gulf War came around, all the dudes who suffered in Vietnam and Korea were adults and in positions of both politics and high ranking military.

They were determined not to let that shit happen again, so the gloves came off and they had a real conventional war.

On the flip side, it showed just how paper the Iraqi military was. Despite being massive, after facing a few losses and signs that they were outclassed, they just gave up really, surrendering in droves, trying to escape out on the highway of death. Shit got bad for them fast.
>>
Total Victory. Not much to it. Literally fucked them to death.
>>
>>28270195
i heard they gave a lot of weird drugs and did a lot of weird tests on U.S. soldiers in the gulf war, is this true?
>>
File: CABAA-CCBCA-DDBCH-BJ_thumb.jpg (589 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
CABAA-CCBCA-DDBCH-BJ_thumb.jpg
589 KB, 900x596
>>28270195
During the Battle of the Highway of Death, 60,000 U.S. Marines caught the retreating Iraqi force in the largest ambush in history, tearing apart Iraqis and vehicles with the most brutal 5.56 crossfire ever witnessed.

For 8 hours the Marines emptied mag after mag on the trapped Iraqi column. Some 54 million rounds worth. So many rounds were fired and so much brass expended that for miles along the skirmish line the desert sands turned gold.

pic related
>>
File: 1385318152222.jpg (84 KB, 680x432) Image search: [Google]
1385318152222.jpg
84 KB, 680x432
>>28273046
Yeah, they gave me some real crazy shit while I was out there and I turned into my fursona, what a dream come true.
>>
>>28273075
Is this actually some myth that was perpetuated?
>>
File: GWaftermath2.jpg (106 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
GWaftermath2.jpg
106 KB, 1024x676
>>28273091
Not him, but no it was a real battle. Insane shit happened. literal walls of rifle fire taking out armor and shit.
>>
File: z6mzgLD.jpg (188 KB, 520x357) Image search: [Google]
z6mzgLD.jpg
188 KB, 520x357
>>28270195
battle of the highway of death

50-60,000 marines or some shit taking out tanks, APCs, trucks, enemy, everything with enough rounds to alter the world's metal prices
>>
>>28273110

Can you imagine the USAF guys in the C-5's dropping hundreds of pallets of ammo to resupply those guys that night? Looking out the window and being like, "holy shit that a fuckton of ammo".
>>
>>28273100
You're retarded tho, the majority of the kills made were aircraft based, notice why there's no mass of bodies, most of the people actually just bailed out of their vehicles and ran out into the desert where they surrendered. Highway 8 had more casualties.

>rifle fire taking out armor and shit.
>rifle fire
>taking out
>armor
Okay.
>>
>>28273129
Naw man, that's just the CNN story. You weren't there.

>on /k/
>doesn't know about M855
>>
>>28273135
So yes, this is some meme lol. Well you have fun with that if it gives you jollies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2mnq7ZzcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzeiuvnTtwM
>>
>>28273374

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYqoaT0RTFU
>>
>>28273075
Did the Iraqi even fight back? Didn't they just run in tot he desert as soon as column stopped and then the american spends a shitton of munition of turning unmanned vehicles filled with shit looted from Kuwait into scrap metal.

Just seems like a fucking waste of material to me. Bomb the front and the back of the column, let the other ones run away and surrender and then take the remaining 80-90% of the vehicles and give them back to Kuwait or use them for the reconstruction effort.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.