[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I've been looking for a reliable handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I know very little about guns except safety and shooting and shit. I want a handgun that's cheap ~500, can shoot well and can fit in my hand comfortably (pretty big dude 6'3" 280)
I'm probably going to get ridiculed but I'm just looking for some anonymous help

Pic related American classic 1911 I've been looking at getting
>>
>>28268993
>Read the sticky
http://amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky

$500 is pretty low for a quality full-sized handgun. My personal favorite recommendation would be a CZ-75B, incredible value for money.
>>
>>28268993
Let me add something. Don't buy a shitty cheap 1911. For a quality 1911 you're probably looking at $750+.
>>
>>28269026
Cool thanks bud lots of useful information there. And the CZ-75B was another I was looking at, looks like a great weapon
>>
>>28269079
Its comfortable and stupidly accurate. You really can't go wrong IMO
>>
>>28269074
What brands would recommend going to for a quality? I've seen a couple colt and a Remington at my local gun shop that were ~700 but I didn't know if that really mattered
>>
>>28269101
Remington has serious QA issues these days. The Colts would be solid, esp. for that price.
>>
>>28269101
I love my Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. They're pretty affordable, too.

But I have to say, for people buying their first gun, a modern 9mm is a better choice. Higher magazine capacity, easier to maintain and clean. If you plan on carrying, obviously you should look into compact guns.
>>
>>28269074
I got a cheat Rock Island 1911 3+ years ago because I wanted a 1911 but didn't have much money at the time, and it's been a great gun. I'm not saying it's the best 1911 or anything like that, but it's been a good and reliable gun. The only issues I've had with it were confirmed to be an issue with some shitty reloads from a friend.

If a person can they should save up some extra and get a better 1911 sure, but there's nothing wrong with some cheaper ones. Cheap doesn't always mean shitty,.
>>
>>28269245
True, cheap doesn't always mean shitty. But to me, 1911s are fancy toys, since modern 9mms are way more practical. As such, I don't want to get a cheapo one because that defeats the point of it being a fancy toy.
>>
>>28269074

Or don't buy a 1911 if you care about reliability.

Just get a Glock 19 and bypass all the special snowflake guns like 1911s, CZ, sigs, and H&k.
>>
>>28269767
CZ is not a special snowflake gun... Its a better and cheaper version of the 92fs.

Glocks are good guns, but they aren't for everyone. Personally, they hurt my hands to shoot. Aftermarket grips would probably fix that, but meh.
>>
>>28269079
>And the CZ-75B was another I was looking at, looks like a great weapon

It is...and should well fit your price range. Get one and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>28272123
>CZ is not a special snowflake gun... Its a better and cheaper version of the 92fs.
What? CZ75 and Beretta 92 have very little in common aside from being full-sized steel pistols. The 75 is related to Browning designs with some unique features, not related to Beretta designs at all.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.