[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long after moving to the United States could someone from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: damb.jpg (41 KB, 271x251) Image search: [Google]
damb.jpg
41 KB, 271x251
How long after moving to the United States could someone from another country (i.e. Canada) be allowed to possess a firearm? I understand this is mostly state dependent.
>>
If you have resident alien status you can purchase firearms.
>>
>>28268953
What does that mean? What are the requirements? Is that just another way of saying an individual would need a green card?
>>
>>28268970
yes, the green card is basically your permanent resident card.
>>
>>28268970
yes, green card can possess/purchase firearms legally.

A Visa, for work or education or anything else will not get you there.
>>
>>28268970
Hunting license also works.
>>
what about states with constitutional carry/really lax gun laws?

like say I was vacationing in one of these states for a month or two, could i buy one and carry it as long as i didn't leave that state, and then just sell it when i go home?
>>
>>28268933
you should at least wait until true dough bans all the guns before jumping ship.
>>
>>28269912
legally? not really.
wink wink no one checks if you're foreign? do whatever you feel comfortable with. just pray the cops don't catch you for something.
>>
>>28268933
>have in your possession
1 second
>purchase legally from US seller
State dependent. As little as 30 days, as much as 3 years, depending on what the state's requirements for residency are.
>>
>>28269963
So, there really aren't any states where people can just go and buy a gun like they were buying a lawnmower, ie completely uncontrolled?
>>
>>28269986
Well, there's private sales.

But if you sell guns for a living, the Feds get involved, and they want background checks.
>>
>wanting to move to that fourth world shithole

Why ?
>>
>>28270004 are a faggot
>>
>>28269993
Fair enough. Not op, just curious canuck observer.

I'd probably just try to get a green card if I wanted to. not keen on breaking the law, with mandatory minimums and all that.
>>
>>28270034
I remember the ATF relaxed the standards for legal residents to buy firearms here.

As I said, if you're in the country legally, and you have a hunting license (states issue these) then you're good. Can't have people wanting to go on hunting vacations in the US and not being able to get the heat.
>>
>>28270029

fuck off Yankee terrorist you are third world country full of niggers and have nigger president you ruin Europe
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.