[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camo in Public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17
File: flameresistanttrousersmulticam.jpg (11 KB, 200x345) Image search: [Google]
flameresistanttrousersmulticam.jpg
11 KB, 200x345
Got some awesome "Team Soldier" multicam BDU's at a local store, $25 for a set in good condition. The pants look pretty good with a grey or black v-neck tshirt - how acceptable is camo in public? No markings or patches on anything.

Pis is what I got, jacket + pants for $25. Worn in to "comfy" level but in great shape
>>
>>28265994
In the sticks when you're trekking or hunting or something? Fine.
In town? Gopping
>>
>>28266025
What does gopping mean
>>
>>28265994
totally OK to wear in public as long as you aren't trying to pretend to be military. Just make sure you have no rank patches, etc
>>
>>28265994
Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing pants or jacket. Looks out of place if you're wearing both at the same time.
>>
I wear a German Flecktarn parka when it's cold out. The only patches I wear on it are the pre-attached German flags, only been mistook for a veteran once (which I quickly corrected).

I think it's fine as long as you don't wear both pants and jacket in an urban area. If you're out hiking or something it should be fine though.
>>
>>28266038
Disgusting, horrid, ugly etc
>>28266113
Unless you're a junglist in the 90s there's a lot wrong with it. You look autismal as fuck
>>
OP confirmed for a wanna be operator. Don't wear it in public, you're only making a fool out of yourself.
>>
I was hiking and crawling around mineshafts one day in my Crye G3 pants, knee pads and everything, and I made a couple stops on the way back home with some buddies in them.

People kind of look at you funny, but I don't know why it should matter to you. I really worried about it before I just did it. basically, if you spend 235$ on pants, you should just fucking wear them
>>
File: pants.jpg (127 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
pants.jpg
127 KB, 640x533
Crye Pants clearly look like something different to most people just glancing at them. They are clearly not just another pair of surplus pants from a thrift store.

Just go big if you're going to do it.
>>
File: klip.png (3 MB, 1888x784) Image search: [Google]
klip.png
3 MB, 1888x784
In Europe, only rebellious teens and bikers wear army camo.
Single color camo is more acceptable for civilians.
>>
>>28265994
I live in Michigan, EVERYONE wears camo. Most of it is hunting stuff tho, i don't see a lot of mil surp.

Do it
>>
>>28266370
Wrong
Lots of people wear camo for shooting
Shooters also tend to wear at least something green/camo in daily life, and this is in the UK
>>
The way i see it stuff like woodland and maybe tiger stripe can be made to work in so called streetwear. You can see people wearing woodland stuff almost daily
>>
File: gorka-3-digital-flora.jpg (119 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
gorka-3-digital-flora.jpg
119 KB, 480x384
Its fine if...
>its single color
>its milsurp camo and not the current shit your military is using
>You are not pretending to be a milfag
>You are not wearing both jacket and pants

I kinda regret buying this shit in digital since i can only use it innawoods. The pants are comfy as fuck, to bad i can't weat them without looking like a tool (inb4 i look like a tool anyway). Should have gone with the plain version. The average person won't see any difference between that and regular outdoor clothing and the ones who do won't care.
>>
>>28265994
Rule of thumb is, ONE item of camo at a time.
That's about it,.
>>
probably best not to wear it in public if you can avoid it, generally only autists/militias/preppers will wear it and you don't want to associate yourself with them. I'd say the only exception to this would be camo jackets in simple patterns, like German rain camo

wearing innawoods is fine
>>
>>28266509
Yeah, it's only really worn if you're a shooter/hunter or a wannabe junglist. If you're just wearing it in general you look like a chopper
>>
>>28266603
>Rule

Look at this authoritarian chucklfuck. Who the fuck do you think you are telling people what to do?
>>
>>28266580
I want a gorka but I can't figure out the Russian sizes
I hate to be a spoonfed kiddo but do you have a size conversion chart by any chance?
>>
>>28266642
Like everyone from the surplusshit containment zone he's from a nogunz state that regularly tries to dictate to other people how to live their lives. This is why he has such a superiority complex, where he thinks he's high enough above everyone where he can tell them what to do.

Living in liberal shitholes is also why they don't have guns, only musty used clothing.
>>
>>28266666
Quints confirm.

There is no excuse for this thread to be here when the containment thread is up.
>>
File: IMG_9459.jpg (595 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9459.jpg
595 KB, 1024x768
>>28266666
Quints speak the truth.

Rule of thumb? Fuck you, wear whatever you want wherever you want when you want.
>>
I am in the military, so is it socially acceptable to wear camo?
>>
>>28266700
if it's your uniform then sure
>>
>>28266698
Yeah, wear whatever you want. Just understand why people will stare at you like the autist you are if you do.
>>
File: slav saving cat from tree.webm (3 MB, 452x360) Image search: [Google]
slav saving cat from tree.webm
3 MB, 452x360
>>28266655
No idea but i have seen the chart posted here before. Google might work.

The whole set is really comfy, not just the pants. The buttons are really fucking tight though.
>>
>>28266733
That is one stupid fucking cat
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1648
>>28266387
I'm from michigan and wear mil syrup when I'm out and about
>>
>>28266724
no, but it's not
>>
File: camouflage.jpg (209 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
camouflage.jpg
209 KB, 1000x798
Dressing up like a soldier when going to the local shooting range looks stupid as hell.
>>
>>28266769
Do you usually wear bras under your tankstops?
>>
>>28266797
irrelevant
>>
File: operator 2.jpg (72 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
operator 2.jpg
72 KB, 720x540
>>28266769
>looks stupid as hell.

>training in the same shit you intend to fight in
>stupid

Bro, do you even operate?
>>
>>28266666
>live in montana
>nogunz state
U WOT M8?
>>
I tend to wear my multicam pants around the house because shits comfy. New OCP doesn't compare. That's about the end of it though
>>
>>28266944
Isn't OCP and multicam the same?
>>
>>28266896
>lying on an anonymous image board
>>
>>28267015
one is based off an old pre-multicam pattern called scorpion that crye also designed before they went and made multicam. they're basically brothers.
>>
Anyone saying wearing camo is bad is a city dwelling yankee.

In real America at least 1/10 people I see every day have camo on.

Just wear either pants or a jacket, don't wear both together.
>>
File: IMG_20151220_184750.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_184750.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
>>28267021
>lying
>>
>>28265994
When I played paintball I wore the camo everywhere before a game (we usually made a lot of stops on the way to the field)
no one cared
And the people who did were either /k/ sperglords or some random asshole who claimed stolen valor
the best advice I can give you is don't give a fuck and just wear it
>>
>>28266387
Fucking Michiganders and their Mossy Oak and Walmart knock off Mossy Oak.
>>
>>28267123
>autistic enough to post a fake id with a photoshopped pic .

The grainy photo is done on purpose to hide the flaws.

Quints still confirm truth.
>>
>>28266222
trips confirm top tip
>>
>>28267334
Are you really retarded enough to claim that he shooped a shit montana ID just to fuck with you?how narcissistic are you?
>>
>>28266274
>if you spend 235$ on pants, you should just fucking wear them
ho lee fuk, people spend this much money on that silliness?
>>
>>28266222
OP here, I haven't worn it anywhere, they are in the wash now. They are broken in and super comfy though, are you sure even the pants are a no-go? They're faded and the pattern isn't as obvious
>>
>>28267389
Wear whatever the fuck you.

Fuck that Eurotrash saying camo is wrong, everyone wears camo in America.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 490x367
>>28267334
>>
>>28267368
You have not seem how low surplusshit autism can go then you lucky bastard.
>>
>>28267408
speak for your self, I've never owned camo anything. I think it looks silly desu senpai
>>
>>28267389
You can wear the jacket, you can wear the pants, just never together, okay? I mean, you can do what you want, but if you wanna stay effay, only one article of camo at any time.
>>
>>28267464
You really own no camo? Not even one item? That's kind of interesting. Even a lot of liberals own camo ironically
>>
>>28267486
I really don't, I had a red and white plaid hunting jacket back in the day but never any camo
>>
I wouldn't wear any surplus pants, but through experience, I've found that people find it perfectly acceptable and occasionally endearing to wear a good-looking surplus top.

I mean, nobody gives two shits that I'm wearing a M43 Italian SS repro jacket. I don't tell random motherfuckers that, either. Too much risk of sperging right the fuck out.

But plenty of times, I'll get "damn man, nice jacket!" or something if wearing one of my few "acceptable" surplus items. Bitches ain't repulsed by it, although compliments admittedly come more often from males.

I also live in Georgia, so it is perfectly acceptable to run around in REALTREE (tm) (r) coveralls when going to what passes for a good restaurant here.

Boy, I sure do love the south!
>>
>>28267491
red and black... derp
>>
>>28265994
If you aren't black, it doesn't look aesthetic
>>
>>28267495
I would submit an anonymous tip to the police on anyone I see running around wearing a literal nazi uniform.

It projects a bad image for all gun owners, and in this day and age of heightened racial tensions and rampant mental illness you can never be too sure.
>>
>>28266580
No, I have OD green gorka and it still looks goofy as fuck. Wouldnt wear it in civilization
>>
>>28267554
Certainly anyone able to recognize third reich regalia is guilty of SOME SORT of pre-crime or thought-crime. I'm extraordinarily hesitant to believe that you are a stand-up citizen, with nothing to hide.

Tip submitted to the NSA, FBI, INTERPOL, U.N., your local P.D., your local synagogue, and I phoned your mother as well. Enjoy!

But for real, ain't nobody gonna recognize it as anything like that. It doesn't bear any sort of crest or regalia. It is a quite non-descript article of subjectively nice-looking camo.

And as I said; I don't mention the origin of the original article of clothing.

I know you're mostly fucking around, but even if it were to have the Death's Head or something on it, folks wouldn't care very much around here.

Besides, I have the aesthetic of some jackass that plays in a band. Rail-thin, with long hair and a tendency to wear slim-fitting jeans. I don't exactly perpetuate a skinhead stereotype, bud.

why did i even reply to this lmao
>>
If it's comfortable, wear it. This applies to all clothes, who cares what others think?
>>
Anyone have any advice on which combat pants I should buy for ruggedness and good fit?
Preferably all velcro with no annoying buttons to dig in or pop off. Must be in some sort of solid green.
>>
>>28266370
Well this ain't Paris fagboy
>>
>>28267651
>>
>>28267625
I'd love to see an old ass vet blow his lid on you in public one day for wearing a filthy ss jacket you literal autist.
>>
>>28267714
I'm sure you'd dig it.

If that happened, I'd calmly allow the fellow to have his tirade. He'd certainly have earned the right to put me on blast. If there was opportunity, I'd attempt to explain myself. If not, ah well.

Shame that you seem to be prone to harsh emotion on this topic. Try to keep positive, huh?

Would you be about as upset if the jacket in question was used in African bush wars, with a rather unquestionable history of atrocity and savagery? Or is it Third Reich shit in particular that makes your blood boil?
>>
>>28267807
If it were Rhodesian, I'd throw my drink at you before calling the cops on a possible mass shooting in progress.

Rhodieboos are known to be dangerous.
>>
>>28268078
Fair enough. I'm actually surprised I'm NOT a gigantic dick-rider of Rhodesian shit. I think I spent enough time in the surplus threads months ago to innoculate me against that.

I just really like how lizard sorts of camo look. Greek, French, Portugese, etc.

Truthfully, I'm quite nervous of the first large spree-shooting or other man-made catastrophe in the area of the Southeast that I live. I don't fear for my life, but folks around here are very well-armed in terms of weaponry...but not so well-armed in terms of intellect or reasoning.

I'm afraid shit would get mighty hairy down here very quickly. I'm certainly a die-hard proponent of lack of restriction on substances or objects of any sort, but a bunch of jackasses with guns doesn't comfort me much.

Boy, I get bored silly at work. Thanks for taking the edge off, even if you only meant to insult or demean me.

Cheers!
>>
File: Gorka Clothing Size Chart.jpg (178 KB, 624x806) Image search: [Google]
Gorka Clothing Size Chart.jpg
178 KB, 624x806
>>28266655
>>
>>28266580
>mfw I bought whats in that pic from that exact store almost 2 months ago
>It still isn't here

Go grey-shop.ru, it's take a long time,but less than the soviet russia, either way it's way better.
>>
>>28267807
>>28268157
Tip your fedora more, autismo.

Acting condescending does not mean you automatically win. It just confirms that you're an autistic cunt.
>>
File: 1419458505126.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1419458505126.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Tell me /k/, when is it appropriate to where camo? Besides Hiking or any shit where nobody will see you.
>>
>>28268228
I'm not concerned with winning anything, man! It is clear that you are, though.

I only wanted an explanation as to why a very specific thing would make you angry and embittered. I reckon I won't get anything of the sort. Oh well!

It wasn't my intention to place myself above you. I suppose I should have responded with hostility in turn, to meet your own. That might have coaxed you into an explanation.

Ah, whatever. Enjoy your "victory", homie! You'll surely have a good night's rest after your resounding and decisive triumph on 4chan.

Enjoy.
>>
>>28266698
That's a comfy picture, friend. Can I save it?
>>
>>28268371
duh.
>>
>>28267554
>I would submit an anonymous tip to the police on anyone I see running around wearing a literal nazi uniform.

Are you that soccer mom from that copy pasta with ww2 reenactors and kübelwagon?
>>
>>28268643
It's because he's a liberal cuck
>>
File: oicunt.jpg (656 KB, 1180x880) Image search: [Google]
oicunt.jpg
656 KB, 1180x880
>>28268371
Sure.

>>28268406
Don't answer for me, buddy.
>>
>>28267190

Kill yourself jelly retard.
>>
>>28268643
No, just someone who cares how us gunowners are portrayed in the media.

Whether you like it or not, the US is a democracy and part of being in a democratic system is being palatable to others so they don't push to legislate your group out of existence.
>>
File: APFDS-T.webm (595 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
APFDS-T.webm
595 KB, 640x352
>>28267495
>nobody gives two shits that I'm wearing a M43 Italian SS repro jacke
That's a pretty sweet looking jacket. Where did you buy it?

Thinking of buying it and then wearing it when i am out drinking and things like that. If i make some libtard rage that is just a bonus.

Webm unrelated.
>>
>>28265994
Sure it's acceptable but you'll look some white trash asshole.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.