[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys maintain guns that you rarely shoot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 685x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 685x457
How do you guys maintain guns that you rarely shoot?
>>
Oil and silicone impregnated sock then stored in the safe with rechargeable dessicant.
>>
>>28264245
At tovarisch pitors doma, In the pool of cosmoline he was birthed in
>>
>>28264245

Simple; stick them in a locker with a damp-rid/moister absorption packet and leave everything in rest (hammers in the rest position, all springs at rest, etc). If you want to use Break Free long term it's good. But why wouldn't you be using them? If you don't need them, why have them?
>>
I'm kindof a loser with no friends or hobbies, and rarely leave my house on the weekends. So I'll rotate out which gun i'll detail strip and clean and polish.
>>
File: wertz.png (122 KB, 223x196) Image search: [Google]
wertz.png
122 KB, 223x196
>>
>>28264300
>But why wouldn't you be using them? If you don't need them, why have them?
>what is history

I keep the safe in a dehumidified room with a plug-in anti-condensation element inside. Once a year or whenever I see the guns are "dry" I'll take them out, inspect them and add oil/clp as needed. Some guns I haven't oiled in years because the finish holds oil.
>>
File: 1385123488547.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1385123488547.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>28264300
>keeping springs under tension wears them out meme
>>
I only have 3 guns, and I shoot them all at least one time a week.
>>
I don't own any guns
>>
All muh guns have no springs.
>>
>>28264245
I don't have guns I rarely shoot
>>
>>28264245
Just visited it, looks like shit, completely unfinished, shit everywhere. Get some fucking organization skills already.
>>
>>28267127
Wrong board... My bad guys.
>>
>>28264245
Make sure its clean, spray with corrosionx and put away in safe, should last years
>>
>>28266784
What gun has no sort of spring? A four winds?
>>
>>28264245
I rarely shoot in the winter because the local range becomes a boggy mud hole. When not shooting, I store them in a safe with a rechargeable desiccant I check/recharge once a month. I also periodically check them for rust, strip them, and re-lube them. Since I have some time off for the holiday, I will probably do this soon.
>>
File: Glied.png (3 MB, 3050x2380) Image search: [Google]
Glied.png
3 MB, 3050x2380
>>28264329
>>
>>28267394

Between my 9 guns and the fact that I only shoot every few months, my guns spend a lot of time sitting, I just make sure they're oiled and toss em in the closet. I take them out to play with them every now and then and they get checked, never had any issues
>>
>>28264300
>springs
>rest position

Please stop.
>>
>>28264245
I grease mine, lovingly.
Mostly at night.
Mostly.
>>
>>28267747
that sounds pretty lewd. got any vids of this?
>>
>>28264329
>Special Forces
>>
keep the metal coated in oil periodically, make sure they dont get moisture/wet. thats really all there is to it
>>
btw something a lot of people dont realize, the grime and oil in your hands has salt from sweat and causes rust. so dont manhandle your steel before putting it away, make sure its wiped down and dont touch it with bare hands
>>
I frog lube once a year.
Store them unchambered!
If there is a fire, heaven forbid, I don't want to be responsible for the fireman getting shot.
>>
>>28264245
throw them in the safe with everything else, I probably have between 10 and 20 pounds of silica and other desiccant in there
>>
>>28264245
How do you get rid of light surface rust?
>>
>>28271886
Oil + brass brush
>>
>>28264245
Oil them up, put them in silicone gun socks, then put a desiccant bag in with them in their container.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.