[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
\k\ommandos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: wm_4170166.jpg (423 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
wm_4170166.jpg
423 KB, 3264x2448
Anyone here have experience with special forces, delta or "elite" law enforcement? If so, what had they been?

I ask because after watching movies like Sicario or the new "benganzhi movie" which will be released soon. There seems to be a mythical hype regarding SF, delta, etc.....as if they are some kind of "ninjas".

In my expereince, O-4, 12 years in, most SF/delta/rangers/FBI have been loud mouth blowhards that are all show and no go. They make excuses for "everything..." and their elitism is off-putting.

In the military they have what I would consider "groupies", other grown men who idolize them. Usually NG troops providing a "security detail" for them which "somehow makes them SF too!".

Just curious if any other mil bros have noticed this or is it just me.
>>
>>28262055
Its just your ego down playing them to make you feel better about being a nobody.
>>
>>28262073
This desu senpai
>>
>>28262073
yea, that's a cute knee jerk response.

This question was aimed at those in the military.

But for those cock-jockeys who just love them unbeatable disney cartoon SF...lookup their actual track record...not that impressive.
>>
>>28262055
You're an officer, you don't like them because you're an elitist kike, and you don't know shit.

None of your enlisted men like you.

Only good officer I had actually ended up going MARSOC
>>
>>28262055
Rangers aren't real SF. They just pretend they are.
>>
>>28262188

Rangers and SF are two totally different things. Of course Rangers aren't SF.

Or did you mean SOF, you fucking dumb shit?
>>
I remember being stationed in 3rd ID in Fort Benning. We would get a bunch of the Airborne, Ranger and SF washouts. They were all dicks.
>>
File: 1444871181373.gif (650 KB, 370x235) Image search: [Google]
1444871181373.gif
650 KB, 370x235
>>28262170
the military isn't a popularity contest for me....maybe for people whose only educational background is high school it might seem like that...so I don't really care if enlisted soldiers do or do not like me. I give orders, they follow them. End of story. If they don't want to follow orders then its "failure to follow a direct order", magic bullet counseling, UCMJ...you know the drill.

Unless an order in immoral or unethical, you follow it. If not, then perhaps the military isn't the right place for you. Might I suggest the civil air patrol.....

As for being an "elitist". No, came from a blue collar family, worked my way through school and went the OCS route. Sorry kid, try again....
>>
File: 1450416039605.jpg (68 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
1450416039605.jpg
68 KB, 500x562
>>28262202
You sure sound like an elitist. Maybe hop off your high horse, your rank doesn't mean shit on the internet, fuccboi

This is the problem with officers, going to college doesn't make you a leader. I'm in college now. And OCS is a fucking joke. But you have all the stupid boots come in as butter bars that are convinced they know best because they're an officer, and refuse to listen to the enlisted people who have been doing the job much longer than them. They never learn because of this and remain Shitty officers for their whole career.

Best officer I had came to our platoon, said,"you guys have been doing this longer, teach me how you guys do it, what works for you, your guy's SOPs" Tactically he was a genius, but he also had a deep understanding of how our platoon operated and how best to utilize us. Best our platoon was in the past 8 years.

The next one was a stupid fucking boot that hated all enlisted because he thought going to college made him special. Changed all the SOPs despite not even knowing his own job, defiantly not our jobs. Our platoon quickly became combat ineffective.

Why do I have the feeling you closer reassemble the latter?
>>
I worked with Israeli Naval Commandos when I was serving in the IDF. And yes, I got a distinct feeling that they are truly better than me. There is this thing when most people either really intelligent or really capable physically? Those guys were both. You see this huge scary dude that can kill you with his finger and when you speak to him you feel like you can raise any complicated subject and he will be familiar with it like a geek would. Also, charismatic as fuck and friendly. At least the several guys I met.

Also good luck in real combat with that attitude>>28262202 There is a difference between cheap popularity and being an asshole your unit doesn't trust. Hope you know how to walk that line.
>>
File: 1444209887850.jpg (57 KB, 720x594) Image search: [Google]
1444209887850.jpg
57 KB, 720x594
>>28262247
>And OCS is a fucking joke. But you have all the stupid boots come in as butter bars that are convinced they know best because they're an officer, and refuse to listen to the enlisted people who have been doing the job much longer than them. They never learn because of this and remain Shitty officers for their whole career.

OCS is a joke? Then why don't you go knock it out and show us all how its done champ?

As for "listening to enlisted", I've noticed weak leaders do that. I never did "round table discussions". I make the rules. period. If you don't like it then become a politician and change military doctrine where anyone with a high school degree, 10 years active duty and a Family size Dorito Chip on their shoulder cane make the rules.

College doesn't mean much but it is an indicator. If after high school someone can't bring themselves to pay for their own education instead of of the gubmint (IE highschool) and can't do a measly 4 more years of schooling to better their job prospects....well I don't know what to tell you.

A lot of people with low education take immense pride in being uneducated and knowing things "dem their city boys don't know!" My experience has been that they seldom have a firm understanding of the "why" behind the things they do and are "one trick ponies". It would be like a mechanic telling a Columbia engineer he could design a better car "because I work on cars all day!"

If you wan to prove me wrong then put on your big boy pants, get a degree and complete OCS. Then you can resign your commission and proclaim "Officers suck, they don't know shit and this was easy!" Until then keep your mouth shit and follow orders.

I was an NCO as well, so all your "hur dur, officers suck" is childish and immature.

The best officers I had "ran their own ship". There was no "NCO buisness". Officers ran things and they ran them smoothly. The problem today is that too many Officers don't have their heart in it.
>>
Maintainer on MC-130,because I'm part of SOG I see some PJs and CCT often but don't really talk to them, they have a better than you attitude but they're pretty cool to listen too with some of their stories.
>>
>>28262249
What you feel is a problem with Officers today isn't really Officers, its the jackedup retirement system. College kids with worthless degree who can't get in the Air Force flock to the army. They are born "yes men". They just want to make their 20 or 30 and retire. They will do whatever they are told and only care about their own ORBs and OERs. They will literally bump their own soldiers out of a airborne or air assault slot because "its looks good!" even though no one cares if they get their "5 jumps" come promotion time but it counts for Soldiers.

If you want a better officer then get rid of careerist. Get rid of the entire retirement system. All the self serving assholes will self-identify and leave. The Officers left are those who want to serve and don't care about promotions anymore.

Or just say "Hur dur, officers suck unless they listen to us enlisted hur dur" bullshit I've heard a million times in my career.
>>
>>28262249
>Also good luck in real combat with that attitude>>28262202 (You) There is a difference between cheap popularity and being an asshole your unit doesn't trust. Hope you know how to walk that line.

Real combat? OIF/OEF? Been there, done that....

Your are grasping as straws. You have it in your head that Officers "do nothing?" and are all the sons of princes or something? You just an other than honourable discharge or got busted for underage drinking? Which one was it?
>>
File: 1449870175567.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1449870175567.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
>>28262271
Damn, you're really ass-blasted. Must be hard having to hear dissenting opinions from those you deemed inferior.

Why would I go to OCS? I can make way more money in the civilian world because I'm not getting a shit degree.

And I know this may come as a shock to you, up in your judgement cloud throwing down judgement dust, but a lot of people who enlist are in it so they can get a degree debt free.

But this doesn't matter, because you're an elitist and a shit officer.

Also, I don't have to follow orders because I got out and started college. You would know that if your reading comprehension didn't suck ass, Mr. College graduate.
>>
File: 1449818894357.jpg (136 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1449818894357.jpg
136 KB, 960x960
>ITT officer goes on /k/ and talks shit on special forces, gets ass blasted when he no one respects his rank
>>
>>28262312
What flavour is that massive chip on your shoulder?

Your making more money in the civilian world? Congratulations.

I'm not sure how money came into it. I think the military pays well but I didn't go into it for the money. I could do better on the outside. I have a "few degrees" actually and a few published works. I'll leave it like that.

But I'd rather work for my country against threats that make me concerned. Not knocking anyone else, just how I prefer to roll.

I just find it funny you keep calling me an elitist and "shit officer". You sound like a whiny spoiled brat. You get flagged a few times for height and weight?
>>
File: 1443819479161.jpg (71 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1443819479161.jpg
71 KB, 657x720
>>28262327
>What flavour is that massive chip on your shoulder?
Chocolate, thanks for asking

0 njps, 1st class pft/cft, never under or over weight. Consistently out preformed my peers. I've just seen some shit officers, and your ego is making it pretty clear you're one of them.

You come here bitching about SF guys being "a bunch of blowhards" and immediately throw out your rank like anyone gives a flying fuck, and get surprised when you don't get praised. Either your full of yourself or have fucking down syndrome. Seriously, you're upset that someone on 4chan is making fun of you. How fucking fragile is your ego, you fucking pussy.
>>
>>28262327
>I have a "few degrees" actually and a few published works. I'll leave it like that.
So do I. I also have a supermodel for a wife and drive a MaseraLambo GTRF50. Every night I have enlisted scum suck my dick then after I drive my FerraBugatti home to my 120million dollar home off base and give my hot actress wife so many orgasms she spontaneously combusts. But its alright, after I clean up the ashes I go to my 50billion dollar basement and clone another hot actress supermodel wife because, you know, I invented human cloning.

That's you. That is how you sound.
>>
File: 1449636433545.png (529 KB, 658x960) Image search: [Google]
1449636433545.png
529 KB, 658x960
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: 1447056099779.jpg (22 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
1447056099779.jpg
22 KB, 460x566
>>28262055
Someone sounds a bit ass blasted did your gf cheat on you with some sf dude or are you just jelly your not one of
>>
>>28262055

I've met and worked with all kinds of high-speeds.

So, I'll divide out by group my impressions.

Special Forces- Relatively chill, subtly aggressive attitude. Very personable, you find yourself very ready to talk to these guys because they really play the Apple Pie Cowboy card.

Rangers- Usually a but more bro-tier than SF, because they're mostly just really squared away soldiers. Really, really squared away. That discipline doesn't exclude them from fist-fighting and whore-fucking. These guys can party.

FBI- Hyper-American in a Rush Limbaugh sense. Mild-mannered guys, but they think FBI training is part of some be-all end-all experience that they own. The older they are, the weirder their firearm techniques.

SEALs- Blowhards. Beauty queen meatheads idolized by pseudo-man swole bros.

101st- Cool guys

82nd- Slightly less cool guys

MARSOC- Really cool guys, but sometimes they try way too hard. They give zero fucks about a lot of stuff, but they'll hop on the "better than" train.
>>
>>28262055
they are better trained and therefore get more high speed missions
with that youre going to get some kind of a hot shit attitude

Not really relatable, but I went to high school with a kid that was pretty nice, but super smart and practically every teacher kissed his ass for it. He went on to become a really successful surgeon later in life, but towards the end of high school he got real cocky and condescending and became sort of an ass. It just sort of happens when youre around a competitive lifestyle AND can back it up
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.