[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you shoot in your garage...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
if you shoot a subsonic .22lr with a suppressor? shouldnt make that much noise shooting at steel right?
>>
>>28261478
sub sonic rounds + suppressor.
>>
OP u dumbass it makes the noise louder and the cops will be Called you stupid fuck
>>
File: p22.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
p22.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>28261478
ya, you could. but doing that long enough with out ventilation would be a very bad idea.
>>
>>28261525
Pff. Fuckin pussy
>>
>>28261478
not loud at all, dont shoot at steel though, use phone books or something that wont make a secondary noise.
>>
I shoot my Winchester Model 62 in my garage no problem.

Granted, I use powderless loads or .22 shorts. But it's pretty quiet, and it reminds me of old carnival games.

I'm sure you can shoot suppressed .22 lr, but I'd make sure you have decent ventilation and proper targets to shoot at. Lead poisoning is no joke.
>>
>>28261478
Hitting steel with a bullet makes fucking noise, dingus!
>>
>>28261478
I shoot CCI sub sonics at a phonebook indoors when I am bored. I dont have a can and it cant be heard from outside.
>>
I Slamfired an sks in my basement and my neighbours didn't hear 22 should be good. If you use an sks make sure us use more that 3ft of solid wood if using steel core rounds.
>>
>>28261720
unless your basement is soundproofed or don't have any neighbors for miles, I assure you they did.
>>
>>28261741
Well if they did they don't give a fuck, i have 4 neighbours within 300 meters
>>
>>28261808
>meters
>>
>>28261816
>Steel core
>SKS
Even I can tell he is canadian and I am half asleep
>>
>>28261831
anon, there are steel core rounds and SKSs in the states.
>>
>>28261838
But they are significantly less common
>>
>>28261848
they're not. they used to be cheap as shit here.
>>
>>28261858
shut up canada-fag
>>
>>28261720
>SKS
>slamfire
>innabasement
That must have been fucking hard on your ears.
>>
File: shooting gallery.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
shooting gallery.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1200
>>28261478
This is what a pellet gun is for. Cheap plinking with out booty threats.
Build a pellet trap/shooting gallery, mount it to the wall like a dart board cabinet.
Pellets are more accurate but bbs can be caught with a carpet backing and funneled for reuse.
>>
>>28261478
>Can you shoot in your garage if you shoot a subsonic .22lr with a suppressor?
Can you shoot in your garage with an SKS? No? Then you can't do it legally with a suppressed 22.
>shouldnt make that much noise right?
with a quiet backstop no one will hear you in a basement
>shouldnt make that much noise shooting at steel right?
900fps lead on steel makes loud noises, dipshit

The real reason this is a fucking dumb idea is that shooting 22 aerosolizes all the shitty lead. There is a reason why indoor ranges have ventilation, anon.
>>
>>28261478
I shot a .22 short out of my 18 inch barreled lever action, didn't wake up or alert anyone in the household; not even the guy sleeping in the room next to mine, or the guy reading on the couch downstairs.
>Inb4 ND
>ND failed suicide
I made a bet with a room mate that they wouldn't wake up, I won.

Did put a hole in the front of my Point Blank vest, though.
>>
>>28261664
>>28261525
>ventilation
S-someone want to explain why...
Sometimes when im shooting my ar15 rapidly I'll catch a breath full of gas. Am I going to die?
>>
>>28261487
This guy's a faggot. You can shoot in your garage or backyard.
>>
>>28261478
many places have strict laws against using firearms within city limits, of course if nobody hears it then how are they going to know??
>>
>>28264262
Yes, everyone dies.
>>
>>28263208
Except you're stupid. Discharging a firearm is generally legal on private property unless your city bans it. The only reason you can't magdump in a suburban backyard (in most places) is a noise ordinance, which also applies to any other activity that manages to make that much noise.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.