[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, is it legal to walk around in public with a legally-owned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: M16a1.jpg (13 KB, 586x129) Image search: [Google]
M16a1.jpg
13 KB, 586x129
/k/, is it legal to walk around in public with a legally-owned full-auto weapon?
>>
>>28257681
Depends on state.
>>
>>28257681
Bear in mind if you actually have an opportunity to use it, there is a decent chance it'll end up in an evidence locker where it will likely go missing or simply be returned beat to shit and/or missing parts.
>>
>>28257719
how pist would you be if you got a california tier rifle back
>>
>>28257719
Plus the media would absolutely demonize you if it was a Martin-Zimmerman scenario.
>>
>>28257695
Argh.

>>28257719
Nuts.

>>28257861
I'd jump off a building.
>>
>>28257719
I remember reading an article about a guy that worked for H&K. He was headed home after going to dinner with his wife when a truck started flashing their lights behind them and yelling at them to pull over. They chased him all the way back to the H&K factory when he stopped, and grabbed the AC-556 he had in his truck for testing. He fended them off, hitting a couple of them, but then was sued afterwards for using a full auto gun to defend himself. He ended up getting the suit dropped, but it was a huge legal battle and he lost his job at H&K. The article went into much more detail.
>>
>>28258867
Gary Fadden was the guy's name, he was a salesman for H&K
>>
>Silhouetted in the moonlight, too old to run, still facing five-to-one odds against men with all kinds of guns capable of easily killing him from 50 yards away and who could easily have loaded up with some of the thousands of rounds they'd had access to for some time now, Beckwith knew he was still in deadly danger.

He swung up the Smith & Wesson submachine gun, racked the open bolt back and cut loose on full automatic.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/the-gary-fadden-incident-now-with-100-more-harry-beckwith-incident.11941/
>>
>>28257681
Yes but those things are worth thousands
Your loosing your investment if you use it
>>
>>28257681
I imagine you would be shot before you could explain yourself by another person carrying, or a police officer.
>>
>>28259573
And this person or police officer would know that it is a full auto rifle how?
Most would just shrug it of as another autist OC "protester".
>>
>>28257681
>full-auto for self defense
Its legal but its full fucking retarded when it comes to fighting unless you trained yourself in using burst fire because just going full auto dump is a vietnam era mistake. You want to either three-round burst, or single fire for being efficient as possible.
>>
>>28257681
In some states, yes. You'll look like a try hard fag or terrorist depending on who sees you.why carry a rifle when you can carry a cc? I carry my sd40 and lcp at work and lcp when I'm out of work.
>>
SAY IT WITH ME

SHALL
>>
BE
>>
File: Drew_Nukem.jpg (86 KB, 240x285) Image search: [Google]
Drew_Nukem.jpg
86 KB, 240x285
>>28260425
SHITTING STREETS FOR YOU

WE DID IT REDDIT!
>>
>>28258867
did he get fired because he didnt use a h&k?
>>
You think you can do what you want with your property or something? Lol no.

American freedom isn't free- it's a pyramid scheme where people take turns abusing each other's rights.
>>
>>28260397
>full fucking retarded when it comes to fighting

Go shove your opinion up your ass, Anon.
>>
>>28260484
but hes right douchebag
>>
>>28260500

Go suck a dick, is that why our M16s only have semi and burst modes?
>>
>>28258867
>he lost his job at H&K
No he didn't. H&K actually payed all his legal bills. ANd he didn't get sued, he was on trial for murder. He won btw.
>>
>>28260544
because theres no need for suppression with a 30 round magazine. you cant sustain any real rate of fire, and at full auto youre not hitting anything. leave suppression to 240's and 249's. only hits count.
>>
>>28260586
You're right. I re-read the story after posting that. He did quit soon after due to an argument with the VP apparently though, and was stuck with a remaining $14k in legal fees.
>>
>>28260646

Who said anything about suppression?

at full auto youre not hitting anything

One of the large reasons to move to 5.56mm was to reduce muzzle rise.
>>
>>28260397
>>28260484
>>28260500
>>28260544
>>28260646
>>28260814
Looks like there was some sort of miscommunication.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.