[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tulammo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Bought a bunch of this shit because it was cheap, noticed that some bullets are different than others. From a quick internet search it looks like these missed the copper wash and actually have a steel jacket.

Is it a good idea to shoot these or does steel foul barrels?
>>
>>28257235
how many are missing the copper wash?
>>
>>28257235
ive bought a few boxes without copper wash, shot them just fine. its not like a micrometer thin layer of copper is gonna do a whole lot in the first palce
>>
using steel is like having niggers live in your house
>>
>>28257477
The main purpose of the copper is lubrication.
>>
>>28257482
>buying shitty guns that can't run steel
>>
>>28257534
Steel jacketed bullets? Are you fuckin retarded?
>>
That's just zinc.
>>
>>28257534
steel is pretty shit tier, and exclusively for poor people.
>>
>>28257696
yeah, could be it is zinc

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567931
>>
>>28257734
It's not bad for plinking on the cheap, why not use steel for target practice and brass for precision? The cost savings alone justify it pretty well even when you consider the extra parts wear
>>
>>28257235
Just dip your gun in molten copper. Infinite free copper wash inside your barrel. You can stick a plastic cone on the end and give it the same treatment: bang, tell the cops its just steampunk cosplay and you'll be able to open carry in the middle of a elementary school on top of the freedom building.
>>
>>28257764
It isn't inherently less accurate.
>>
>>28257235
Just shot these pieces of shit today. Out at around 200 yards, they turn to pure crap.

They cycle fine though.
>>
>>28257779
not inherently, no, but usually the uniformity of the rounds is less. such as more variability in powder loads, bullet weights, etc
>>
>>28257764
>The cost savings alone
you're not actually saving money, especially not with common shit like 9mm. You can get brass for 16-17 cpr, and that's reloadable. so if you wanted to, you could either reload and save money, or sell your brass to reloaders and save money.
>>
>>28257816
i think my time is probably better spent doing other things than spending hours replicating a process that is done 1000x faster by a machine...
>>
>>28257834
Then sell your brass to people that do. I addressed that already.
Reloading is a hobby, some people enjoy doing it.
>>
>>28257793
Probably had nothing to do with the shooter.
>>
>>28257235
bi-metal jacket will wear your barrel faster since even soft steel is much harder than copper. I wouldn't use them in guns other than cheap non collectible imports or century shit.
>>
>>28257892
That line of bullshit was disproven over 100 years ago.
>>
>>28257892
hardly makes a bit of difference at all unless your barrel is made of putty.
>>
>>28258079
>testing possibly detrimental round
>by mixing it in with random commercial batches

Why would you buy Tula? Who the fuck buys from them anyway? Are poorfags that desperate?
>>
>>28258079
Well, what with Tulammo being Tulammo, it's not like this thread is 100% unjustified shitposting.
>>
>>28257734
You can literally buy a new gun with the amount you save shooting steel case within the life of a single barrel. You're an idiot to not use steel for plinking.
>>
>>28257482
If slavshit potmetal steel is harder than the steel in your barrel then have a shit gun

90% of people don't realize that half the shit they shoot isn't even 100% copper, it's usually a some sort of gilded copper mix with zinc or some other cheap potmetal shit to cut costs
>>
>>28257235
Zinc nigga, or some other shit

If it was bare steel it would have oxidized
>>
>>28258183
lolno
maybe if you're comparing tula in a store to brass cased shit in a store.
just use ammoseek and buy cheap brass. it's usually the same price, or at most like 1 cpr more. and again, for the third time, you can sell your brass, or reload it, and save money. Steel cased shit is not cost effective in the long run.
>>
>>28257852
brass whores want that shit for free and want you to deliver it. better off just scrapping it at the end of the year. (if your local pass take gun brass)
>>
>>28258760
>brass whores want that shit for free and want you to deliver it.
the ones that do can fuck themselves. sell it to the ones that aren't retarded.
or trade it in to freedom munitions if you want to. they give you current market value for brass per pound as credit toward ammo.
>>
I could be wrong. But im under the impression that yall dont reload steel case. I bought 2 boxes of tulammo in .45 acp, and i use that for the range exclusively. Am i just ran out of bullets, so ten times reloaded.

Do yall think you cant reload steel or something?
>>
>>28259330
It's Berdan primed, so it's a bitch to reload compared to Boxer primed cases.
>>
>>28259344
no it's not. the problem with steel cased ammo isn't the primer, because there's steel cased ammo with boxer primers. that's mainly just for surplus shit. Which you can convert berdan primers to boxer primers. it's just generally not as good.
>>28259330
you can reload it. It's more wear on your reloading gear, it requires more lubrication, and the material wears out quicker than brass does so you don't get as many uses out of it. But you can reload it. I find it questionable that you claim to have reloaded steel cases 10 times, because the most I generally hear is 4 or 5, with lower quality rifle rounds being 1-2, but maybe you have.
>>
Seriously, why spend more on brass when steel does the same thing for cheaper? I'm not even poor, I just see no point in spending more money than I need too. My M&P runs both fine anyways.
>>
>>28261054
brass is more easily reloaded
brass generally isn't much more expensive
some ranges if you live in shit places don't allow steel cases
brass is just better in basically every way.
>>
>>28261077
With as much as I shoot (and no, I don't reload), I save a shit ton off tula/federal aluminum/steel
>>
>>28261156
you could sell your brass and save money while using better quality ammo.
>>
>>28257769
That's the gun of that open carrier who got stabbed by his son, right?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.