[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mp1j0zAQ2B1rdatddo1_1280.jpg (221 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp1j0zAQ2B1rdatddo1_1280.jpg
221 KB, 1000x750
suppressor friendly subsonic cartridge
takes long heavy slippery bullets with good b.c.
minimal length, sbr
foldable stock
full length continuous top rail
closed bolt
adjustable gas system
>>
yes gimmick guns are a thing
>>
>>28256849
SIG MCX in .300blk would probably be your best bet
>>
>>28256879

I haven't gotten to play with one yet.

There are things that I don't like about them.

They need to make a barrel without the tapered mount for suppressors. Or even better, make a model that takes regular ar barrels, instead of the quick caliber change. I don't know anybody that wants to quick change barrels. I swap out uppers. Not sure why sig went that way.

mcx is 2 to 4 pounds heavier than a mp5.

but it is still one of the best options
>>
>>28256849
how about a scar?
>>
>>28257326
I want you to really think about what you just said for a minute. All of it. The barrel, the weight, the why.
>>
>>28257651
their taper is only good for sig suppressors

Why do I need a heavy gun for sub-sonic? It would have low recoil and acp 45 pressures

If I could get a modern remake of a mp5 in 300blk that would be nice.

what did I skip over?
>>
>>28257773
You have a valid point about the sig cans, but the quick change barrel is one of the things that people like that sets it apart. As for the weight, ARs can get to 5lbs, there is no single weight for the mp5 and there is at least on .300 MP5 prototype if you want to look into it
>>
AR-15 in 300 BLK and everything else you said can be put in aftermarket easy as pie.

>folding stock
You can get one for regular AR-15s but you can't fire the rifle when its folded.
>>
>>28256849
Long high bc bullets tumble at subsonic speeds anon
>>
>>28257866
>what is twist rate
>>
>>28257877
Do me a favor and try to develop a subsonic load in .300blk using some of the highest bc .308 bullets you can find, in the fastest twist .300 blk barrel you can find.

Or you could not waste a shitload of money and listen to the people who have tried it.

Not to mention that the b.c of a subsonic bullet means jack shit
>>
>>28257893
There's literally no problem with a fast twist barrel and 230gr Berger VLDs.
>>
>>28257835
continuous top rail isn't easy. Only one I can think of is mega and it is for long barrels. It isn't light either.

>>28257818
I've seen the prototype mp5 .300 in some videos. I see the mcx as a pdw. Would you want to take it and make a 556 or a long gun? A 7.39 would save money on ammo but that would take a different lower too.
Why are they trying to make a specialized weapon a do all gun? I don't like having 233 and 300 blk anywhere near each other. It spells bomb. ( I think I put the 300 barrel in last week)

At least make a sbr dedicated 300 blk. Barrel swaps on a non-machine gun don't have to be done with zero drag high speed.

>>28257893
don't know if my .308 208gr A-maxs are super slippery but they are better than most sub sonic pistol carbine rounds. The alternatives are 44 mag, 10mm, 458 socom... 300 blk is winning in subsonic.
and
Hornady released a new line of bullets just for 300 blk in weights that could only be fired safely at subsonic (pressure limits, powder limits). haven't heard anything bad yet.

Getting back to topic what else other than the Sig MCX?
>>
>>28257893
>Not to mention that the b.c of a subsonic bullet means jack shit
lol
>>
>>28257893
forgot to add I use a 1:8 twist on a jp barrel for blk. It shoots under 1 moa with sub-sonic 208 and 220 tested bullets
>>
Does anyone have a sbr'ed scar?
>>
>>28256849
A generic AK will get you most of the way there.

I guess that's pretty much AKs in a nutshell, huh.
>>
>>28259838
honestly I have zero experience with ak's
>>
>>28259983
long stroke piston and suppressed?
>>
>>28259838
>>28259983
>>28260017
AKs are pretty loud when suppressed because piston pop.
>>
>>28257326
>Ima let you finish but you should make this thing more like an AR
go fuck yourself.
>>
>>28262432
why not? it's already basically an AR with the usual sig propriety bullshit tacked on.
>>
>>28262471
because the whole point of it is to not be just another AR, you fucking idiot. if you want an AR, buy an AR.
>>
File: 061015-sfpd-gun-bust-3.jpg (86 KB, 1064x708) Image search: [Google]
061015-sfpd-gun-bust-3.jpg
86 KB, 1064x708
here, OP.
Have a P7 that was confiscated by police in a very liberal city and now probably melted down to make steel dildos.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.