[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just did a preliminary recruit sign up with the Los Angeles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11
File: LAPD-thumb-640xauto-59.jpg (79 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
LAPD-thumb-640xauto-59.jpg
79 KB, 640x369
So I just did a preliminary recruit sign up with the Los Angeles Police Department, and they said because I admitted to trying narcotics at one point, I will be permanently disqualified if I try and continue with the registration process.

Are there any US LEOs on /k/? Did just fuck up my chance to become an employee of US Law Enforcement forever?
>>
>>28255420
yep
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 600x429
What did you use how long ago did you use it.
If you used meth last week, then don't expect a job in LE
If you took some hydrocodone two years ago, then there is still some hope.
Try another department,
And stop smoking dope.
>>
>>28255420
Hahahahahaha, but that's too bad OP, you sound like the kind of dipshit they are looking for.
>>
>>28255420
Dumbass.
>>
File: ya-blew-it.jpg (12 KB, 245x318) Image search: [Google]
ya-blew-it.jpg
12 KB, 245x318
>admitting to shit that nobody can prove
Thank god you've been disqualified. We don't need more sub 80 IQ cops.
>>
>>28255420
If it was anything besides pot, yeah, you dun fucked up.
>>
>>28255553
>>28255506
>>28255459

Hahaha welp. Maybe I didn't want to become a cop in the first place.

>>28255553
I tried shrooms 2 years ago once.

>>28255497
I don't smoke pot regularly. I did it like 3-5 times like 3 years ago.

Fuck it I'll just start my own militia then.
>>
>>28255586

You fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1438634347059.jpg (131 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
1438634347059.jpg
131 KB, 323x450
OP, lemme give you a tip for ever joining any military, PD, or other government job that requires you to carry a gun.

>"Have you ever done drugs?"
"Nope, never, not in a million years, I never touched a drug ever even in high school."
>"Not even once? We can get you a waiver if you just fess up."
"Not even once, sir."

Welcome to the 2000's. There is a zero tolerance policy in the military, which is carried out in every police department everywhere. You can't even get a job driving the bus for the prison dept. in your state if you tell them you've smoked a joint.

The good news is, if you don't have an arrest, a conviction, a ticket, a prescription, a stupid facebook picture, etc, for smoking dope? As in, you smoked your joint, told fucking nobody, and went on with your life, like 90% of us did in High School? Congrats, it NEVER HAPPENED. I don't know what the LAPD does with their applicant records, but try another department in a different state, and NEVER ADMIT TO DOING DRUGS EVER AGAIN YOU DUMB FUCK.

Source: My stupid fuck of a neighbor has now told the local police department, the fire department, the county jail, and anyone who asks him in an interview that he's smoked dope. Guess how many government jobs he's actually held.
>>
>>28255420
see i don't understand this shit.

I recently wanted to apply with the local sheriff's dept, but i took a look at their application and kind of freaked out. they want you to list every time you've tried every drug, and desu senpai, i would have needed another piece of paper for that one.

but why wouldn't they appreciate someone that has tried it/used heavily, but has reformed their ways (been clean over 8 years, was just a dumb teenager). I think that would be perfect for some undercover shit, I can still talk the talk, understand all the lingo, believably pass for a stoner/addict etc etc.

Like that undercover in the MSP on the wire that busted Orlando, or Ice T on law and order. you're telling me those guys were clean their whole lives? yeah fucking right
>>
>>28255734
You can thank Nancy Reagan. She promoted a point less war on drugs that's done nothing but give more money to awful people and imprison non violent offenders.
>>
>>28255734

Because that shit fucks up your brain.

Like for example how OP tried shrooms once.

You can have flashbacks of that shit years later totally at random, and suddenly start tripping balls.
No reason to take a risk hiring damaged goods when there's already boatloads of applicants.
>>
>>28255771
>this is what faggots actually believe
>>
>>28255748

It's imprisoned violent drug offenders too, anon.
>>
>>28255420
Why in the fucking christ did you tell them? Unless you have a record, they can't prove shit, and the polygraph test they make you do is pseudoscientific nonsense.

Frankly, I agree with >>28255517
>>
>>28255777

It's what I was taught in a psychology course.
>>
File: LFYcine.png (79 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
LFYcine.png
79 KB, 495x700
>>28255420
>>28255695

There are federal jobs that will take you after a certain period of time. You will have to be way more qualified, but you can do it. Just do some research. You will be surprised which ones too.

>>28255734
>>28255748
You guys don't really get it. As a cop you will have to enforce laws you don't like, you are expected to obey them too. That's what cops do. You don't philosophophize about whether a law is good or not, you just enforce and obey it. They don't want somebody that isn't going to be lenient.

You should probably be happy you didn't get the job if that is your perspective, you would basically be ruining people's lives for a living for shit you don't even care about.
>>
>OP is the average level of intelligence for beat cops
God
Damn
>>
>>28255695
>>28255586
They give you a "lie detector" test. Most people (barring those who are sociopathic or have trained in counter-measures) will be a little nervous in a building full of cops lying to someone who's job is to determine if you're lying (unfortunately, through pseudoscience, being untruthful, or using intimidation).
>>
>>28255734
That's true for officers who smoked pot way back in high school but not for other drugs. Pot is a disqualified in some depts. and not one in others as if you smoked it before you'll recognize the smell instantly.

Like I said, other drugs, you dun fucked up.
>>
>>28255782
A small minority. That's not even discussing the billions of man hours and money lost.
>>
>>28255793
>that isn't going to be lenient.
*is going to be lenient

oh yeah, and yes at the lower levels you will have people that don't care about fucking off. don't get them confused with the hiring authority or the guys that have been cops for 20 years. they are probably pissed they can't lock you up when you tell them if anything.
>>
>>28255771
>You can have flashbacks of that shit years later totally at random, and suddenly start tripping balls.

Wat. Is this the new D.A.R.E propaganda straight edge kids are regurgitating these days?

The same "drug" was used as medicine by indigenous people for thousands of years. And unsurprisingly, we've found psychological benefits to several psychedelic compounds.
>>
>>28255807

>A small minority.
Nope.
Drug laws are usually leveled against people who were committing other crimes at the time of arrest.
Even those who were only charged with a drug crime were probably doing something else illegal, but only the drug charge stuck.
Your average pot smoker getting high in his basement is very rarely arrested for it.

>That's not even discussing the billions of man hours and money lost.
I wouldn't consider successfully enforcing laws to be a loss.
>>
>>28255782
WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED ANYWAYS DUE TO THE VIOLENCE. JUST LIKE VIOLENT CRIMINALS WHO COMMIT CRIMES NOT RELATED TO DRUGS YOU FUCKING FUCK.
>>
>>28255420
Part of the test is to see if you can stick to your lie. You failed.
You're better off.
>>
>>28255849

Go on a random shroom forum and search for people talking about flashbacks.

It's a fairly common thing.

It's not propaganda. Even the users say its a real thing.
>>
>>28255850
Being black is enough of a reason to get pulled over. The average white pot smoker may get a slap on the wrist, but depending on the state, the black guy gets fined/charged.
>>
>>28255695
I enlisted in the Army in 2005. Admitted to smoking weed more times than I can count and a good amount of coke a few years prior. I signed next to the X, swore my oath and shipped out.
>>
File: lol21.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lol21.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>28255870

>Being black is enough of a reason to get pulled over.

HAHAHAHA

o boy

Well, thanks for letting me know I can safely ignore you.
Don't you have a blacklivesmatter protest to be at?
>>
>>28255793
I'm a different man than i was when i was 16, i've had kids, worked in stressful and dangerous jobs. I wouldn't want someone fucked up around me, and i sure as shit have changed my stance on drug users since then (from 420blazityo to "weed is for niggers", basically) definitely not lenient.

>>28255790
tried acid and shrooms a lot when i was younger, haven't had any sort of "flashback" at all, not even close. that shit is a myth, that came from outdated information. whoever wrote that book, and probably whoever taught that class, had never been within 500 yards of anyone that was on acid.
>>
>>28255420
Why would you want to joint the most incompetent police force in the Southern States?
>>
>>28255896

> that shit is a myth, that came from outdated information.

2 seconds in google:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14989438

Or are you going to argue that shroom users on a shroom forum are just spewing anti-shroom propaganda?
>>
>>28255896
>had never been within 500 yards of anyone that was on acid.
eh dude, I kind of know a lot of people that have flashbacks on a regular basis, I also know a lot of people that changed big time after using. If you were around it I'm not sure how you can make this claim.

Anyway, like I said, look at some federal jobs. If you did it that young they probably won't care.
>>
>>28255850
Tell me more about your opinions. http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Prisons_and_Drugs#sthash.wrhfbYkw.dpbs
>>
>>28255420

Shoulda lied, dumbass.

Unless there's a picture of you smoking a joint, and unless they can link your Facebook friends to the stoners you used to get high with 1-2 years after you graduated High School...

Should lied, dumbass.

Also, OP....LA is a illegal alien mexican infested shit hole. If you're a white dude....do you REALLY want to be working in that degenerate environment day after day for 20-30 years?

There's a reason why a good portion of LAPD cops retire to "nice and white" Idaho. Working in those mexican infested neighborhoods....you really and truly need to be suffering from an immense sense of "liberal white guilt" otherwise after the first year or so, you're going to fucking hate it.

I used to work for the LA City (not saying where) and as a clean cut white male, I was sent to some of THE most degenerate neighborhoods in LA (both mexican and black gang infested areas). Can't even begin to tell you how many times they tried to rob me, or stab me, or take pot shots at me as I was driving away.

I came into that job a self hating white liberal, I left as a "racial realist" and a card carrying White Nationalist member (formed my own chapter inside my head, I was the only member.

But seriously, go try Newport Beach...a nice white town. LA is a fucking shit hole and you will regret getting a job there.

>>28255497

What if he had a root canal or some shit and the dentist prescribed him some vicodin 1 month prior to taking the exam? They can't possibly disqualify for that.
>>
>>28255790
HPPD is an extremely vague disorder with little data to substantiate it. No robust studies have been done (because it's obviously difficult to do a controlled study on illegal drug users, where the disorder's effects must be examined several years after use), so personal accounts in a psychiatric setting is all there is to work with. And there aren't a whole lot of those.

While the disorder may exist, the frequency and severity are wildly different for those affected. And regardless, it's rare enough that it isn't much of a concern; being injured in a motorcycle collision is more likely, but nobody is arguing to ban motorbikes because they'll "fuck you up".

>>28255850
>>28255852
You understand that drug prohibition creates golden job opportunities and easy money for any violent scumbag who doesn't mind risking jail time, yes? Much like politics or top-level finance, the environment attracts a specific type of person.

There's a reason why violent criminals tend to engage in drug-related activities, and not moonshine or illicit cigarette-related ones.
>>
>>28255915

lol, nice unbiased source there m8
>>
>>28255865
Lol, no. Not him, but psychedelic "flashbacks" are not where you suddenly start tripping. I've experienced what would be called a flashback a week after dosing, and it's basically just where you get this strange sense that the things around you are not normal. It fades away pretty quickly and it hasn't happened since.
If people are suffering worse than that it means they probably have some latent mental illness.
>>
>>28255925

>claim there's not enough data about how often they happen
>say it's less common than motorcycle accidents though
>have no data to support this

It's a bit scary to think of how dumb you have to be to so quickly contradict yourself.

Besides, I could find hundreds of reported cases in a few minutes on google.

I'm sure you'll make some equally poorly thought out reply in defense of it though.
Not that there's anything you can do. You've already totally discredited yourself.
>>
>>28255695
lol no the military doesn't give a fuck I enlisted at 18 and admitted to weed coke and opiates. still got a contract still got a bonus (this was 2010 to be fair but def not 07 surge tier quotas)
>>
>>28255929

I get them all the time. Never touched acid/shrooms once in my life.

Bright lights and it feels like I'm in another dimension for ~30 minutes or so. Forget what year it is as well.

Probably due to all the marxist jew vaccines my mother forced me to get in the 1970's.

My mind is rejecting Mr. Shekelstein's mind control syrum, or at least that's the way I view it.
>>
>>28255929

>I have a sample size of one, so I clearly know everything about it

How embarrassing.
>>
>>28255865
Flashbacks aren't what you think they are. It isn't like your whole consciousness shifts back to the previous experience. You'll see a small thing that just sort of jogs your memory, maybe a texture or something. From there, you could have a very minor visual distortion, but its literally nothing that could ever possibly be an issue. You make up so much of your daily perception by filling in blanks to meet your expectations, that it is a ridiculously moot point to claim a minor visual hallucination that will rarely occur (more common when you've recently used the drug) can impair someone's effectiveness as a police officer.

You can, and do, experience various auditory and visual hallucinations on a daily basis, its just part of how our CNS is designed to perceive our eveniorment. It paints a very imperfect picture.
>>
>>28255883
>Implying I have an issue with black people being racially profiled
>>
>>28255958
>I pull random shit off internet forums and use it as proof that psychedelics will fuck you up
Protip: Millions of people have used various psychedelics, with mushrooms easily being the most common. A few hundred internet posts about issues afterwards is laughable.

Oh and here's a medical study calling you a dumbass.

http://www.ntnu.edu/news/2013-news/lsd-survey

>The use of LSD, magic mushrooms, or peyote does not increase a person's risk of developing mental health problems, according to an analysis of information from more than 130,000 randomly chosen people, including 22,000 people who had used psychedelics at least once.
>>
>>28255734
A. Rus Cole from true detective isn't a real person m8
They use informants for "undercover" work, ie they tell a guy he'll only get 3 years instead of 25 if he sells out all his buddies.
B. The test isn't that you did drugs, the test is whether you're straight laced and respective of laws you don't agree with/are smart enough to lie (but not too smart, that's bad.) The rest of the tests are to find out if you're too dumb or too smart to join the good guy gang as a street level enforcer.
>>
>>28255960

No.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder
>>
>>28255979
see
>>28255985
>>
>>28255980
>The rest of the tests are to find out if you're too dumb or too smart to join the good guy gang as a street level enforcer.

Why would the police refuse to admit people who have over a certain IQ level?

What if I wanted to become a cop, would they have failed me because I have a way above average IQ?
>>
>>28255993
>n-nuh uh, this wikipedia article citing decades old information disproves a recent large scale study on the subject!
>>
>>28255998

>What if I wanted to become a cop, would they have failed me because I have a way above average IQ?

It happened once before that I know of.
The guy sued and won some money, but didn't become a cop.
>>
>>28256011

My 17 sources vs your one.
And your one says nothing specifically about flashbacks.

>being so desperate to disprove a thing that regular shroom users admit to all the time

You clearly have an emotional investment in drug use.
>>
File: IMG_20151216_151519.jpg (96 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_151519.jpg
96 KB, 600x400
>go to FDF for my conscription
>dickhead company commander talks to each recruit on the first day
>just a regular "who the fuck are you" 2min talk
>my turn
>everything is okay
>asks have i ever done drugs
>"yeah i smoked weed once a couple years ago. didn't really like it"
>"..alright"
>do my conscription alright
>become a corpral and all
>stay for a job after my conscription
>years later as a staff sgt check out my personal file, never done it before
>"EX DRUG USER, POSSIBLY DANGEROUS"
>laugh my ass off
>>
>>28256027
What do you think a "flashback" is?

I have a strong emotional investment in dispelling ignorance, regardless of topic.
>>
>>28256029

Drug use and violence both have poor decision making skills in common.
>>
>>28255998
Because if you're too smart, you are less likely to put up with their shit and toe the thin blue line. Being a cop is not just wearing a shiny badge and catching robbers and murderers, you are expected to deal with bureaucratic nonsense and enforce laws you may not agree with. They don't need an independent maverick who thinks for himself, they need someone who is smart enough to do the job he's asked, but not so smart that he thinks he knows best.
>>
>>28256038
There may be a correlation, but that's because drug use is illegal and therefore fewer responsible people tend to engage in it. But drug use is fundamentally no different than alcohol consumption, and I assume you wouldn't consider having a few pints on the weekend to be indicative of poor decision-making skills?
>>
Am I seriously the only one who's never done drugs before. Shit I haven't even been drunk before. Just buzzed a bit. I don't see the point and that shit is nasty.

Inb4 underage.
Just graduated college.
>>
>>28256037

There are many kinds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder
This is a specific one.

>dispelling ignorance
Anyone who would ignore tons of sources and testimony from users is deserving of their ignorance.

Honestly, I'd prefer for you to keep believing as you do.
You deserve it.

So please, ignore everything I've said.
Anyone lurking, just go ahead and believe this anon instead of me.

Hopefully you'll use your ignorance to find a way to remove yourselves from the gene pool.
It's a bit of a long shot, but it's the best solution I can see.
>>
>>28256051

>There may be a correlation, but that's because drug use is illegal and therefore fewer responsible people tend to engage in it.
Whether that's true is irrelevant to the specific situation.

>But drug use is fundamentally no different than alcohol consumption,
That's a very debatable thing.

>and I assume you wouldn't consider having a few pints on the weekend to be indicative of poor decision-making skills?
Actually, I do consider that to be highly to be indicative of poor decision-making skills.
>>
>>28255420
Do you think they have time machines where they can find that stuff out?
>>
>>28256058
Right, and I'm to believe my HS health class, who cites 30 year old studies about how marijuana will cause lowered libido, psychological disorders and impotence?

There was a war on drugs, and there was a lot of money and time invested into spreading ignorance and fear. Unfortunately, they did a good enough job that some sheeple such as yourself still choose to cling to decades old, flawed research, rather than deal with cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>28256053
>I don't see the point
Try it and find out. Why limit your experience? I thought much the same way as you when I was younger, then I got drunk and partied a few times in my late teens, and after decided that it sucked and I would avoid getting drunk if possible. I didn't like the sound of weed at first, and then I tried it and confirmed my suspicions. I've done shrooms and LSD, and while they were interesting, they weren't so engaging that I'll do habitually; I still have over half of the batch of shrooms I grew sitting in my drawer, because I just can't be bothered. I'd like to try amphetamines and opiates at some point, if I can find a reputable source.

I'm neither into drugs nor prone to addiction, but that won't stop me from trying it at least once to have a new experience. Think of it like skydiving or a foreign delicacy; it's an interesting thing to try once even if you think it's unappealing.

>>28256068
> I do consider that to be highly to be indicative of poor decision-making skills
Explain.
>>
>>28256100

That's right anon, deflect the conversation to something else.
Continue believing as you do.

I'm just a sheeple after all.
Because you called me that name, it means I'm wrong.
>>
>>28255998
They don't write "too smart" on the top of the form or anything, but it ties into

Job satisfaction (are you able to live with doing really shitty things like write old ladies $300 parking tickets payable out of their $500 a month widows pension) and giving high schoolers felony records for #drug war)

Doing what you told how you were told to do it and not doing it your own, better way.

Having other options. Why hire and train an officer who is taking night classes in petroleum engineering because he doesn't want to make 28k a year as a LAPD goon instead of a guy who'd thank his lucky stars and will finish up his 20 year stint as a traffic cop with "distinction"

Being critical of "da law" and being a cop don't mix well. Neither does quitting because you'd rather work in a meritocracy instead of "the upper guy has been here longer, so listen to him. Chungo may have a 83 iq but he's a goddamn lieutenant you little shit with your fancy college and critical thinking"
>>
>>28256102
>explain
He's probably some /pol/ puritan that thinks everyone should abstain from mind altering substances so they can be as righteous as him. It's probably not worth continuing the discussion, since he's already made up his mind.
>>
>>28256102

>Explain.

The risks outweigh the rewards.

About 30% of Americans don't drink.
Nearly half either don't drink or have less than 1 drink per month.

The people who have a few pints on the weekend are in the minority of poor decision makers, and probably in the top 10% alcohol consumers.
>>
>>28256117

lol
>I disagree with him, so he must be from /pol/!

Pathetic.
>>
>>28255420

Congratulations, you don't get to kill people or their dogs with impunity and enforce immoral laws.

Time for suicide!
>>
>>28256104
Not him, but you do understand that self-diagnosis and casual user reports on an internet forum are not good data sets to draw from, right? There may certainly be valid data within those sets, but the crucial thing in diagnosis is differentiating the specific disorder in question (HPPD) from other mental disorders that may be present. You cannot ensure this when you get 420shroomdude69 posting that he felt funny the other day.

>>28256125
>The risks outweigh the rewards
Explain.
>>
>>28255420
Why the fuck would you admit that dumb fuck. If you didnt say anything they would have never found out. They probably dont even care if you did use before they just want to weed out dipshits like you. God damn I cant believe people this stupid exist.
>>
>>28255517
This, OP has autism
>>
>>28256147

Valid data sets are not necessary to proving that it exists.

>Explain.

Risks: see literally anywhere
Rewards: none in the long term
>>
>>28256104
Okay. Let's look at your source.

>In internet surveys, some psilocybin users have reported symptoms of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
Internet surveys... really? You're going to claim that this drug fucks someone up for life, based on a few internet surveys, that didn't even conclude that?

>although this is uncommon and a causal connection with psilocybin use is unclear.[20]
Oh, no causal connection? To a rarely reported psychological phenomenon recorded via INTERNET SURVEY? You're kidding me...

>There is a case report of perceptual disturbances and panic disorder beginning after using psilocybin mushrooms in frequent cannabis users with a pre-existing history of derealization and anxiety.[22]

Back to the conclusion that just about every reputable study has made. If you have pre-existing and latent psychological issues, drug use can expedite manifestation.

Otherwise, mushrooms are less dangerous than cannabis, and infinitely less harmful than alcohol (and we have no issues with cops drinking).

What makes you wrong is opting for ignorance by clinging onto an old, flawed set of research studies simply because they support your preconceptions regarding the topic. That isn't how science works.
>>
>>28256165

That's not my source.

I think you might literally be retarded.
>>
>>28256161
>Rewards: none in the long term
Funny, considering mushrooms are on of the few substances that actually can have positive long term effects by increasing open mindedness (which enhances creatively and problem solving). Not to mention that there are a plethora of short term rewards, and there is plenty of evidence suggesting mushrooms have multiple medicinal uses.
>>
>>28256172
It is your source, cited on a different wiki article that chose to objectively analyze it, rather than cherry pick evidence to support fear mongering propaganda against drug use.
>>
File: mfw9.jpg (28 KB, 403x293) Image search: [Google]
mfw9.jpg
28 KB, 403x293
>>28256191

>Funny, considering mushrooms are on of the few substances that actually can have positive long term effects by increasing open mindedness (which enhances creatively and problem solving).
>>
>>28256203

>It is your source, cited on a different wiki article
Yep, you're retarded.

You literally just realized you were reading the wrong thing, and are trying to pretend you aren't retarded.

>that chose to objectively analyze it, rather than cherry pick evidence to support fear mongering propaganda against drug use.
Oh, so the one wikipedia article that disagrees with you is cherrypicking,
but the other one that also disagrees with you to a lesser extent, but you feel has weaker sources, is fair and objective.
Gotcha.
>>
>>28256214
The phenomenon is generally reported as "mind-expansion".

Jesus, you're doing a lot of bitching for a topic you clearly know almost nothing about.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140703102649.htm
>>
>>28256252

>absolutely nothing about improved creativity or problem solving

You could have at least skimmed it before posting.

What a useless waste of time you are.
>>
>>28256161
>Risks: see literally anywhere
No. Explain what the risks are to a given individual who, in the specific scenario we are discussion, has a few pints on the weekends. Pointing to a homeless alcoholic is not an explanation.

>>28256252
The problem with this phenomenon (and with hallucinogens in general) is that it's frequently cited by spiritual people as evidence for their retarded beliefs. Why can't people enjoy hallucinogens as a means to trip balls without thinking that they spoke to the cosmos or did interdimensional travel?
>>
>>28256281

>No. Explain what the risks are to a given individual who, in the specific scenario we are discussion, has a few pints on the weekends. Pointing to a homeless alcoholic is not an explanation.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alchohol+use+risks
>>
>>28256241
>Two wiki articles
>Both cite the same source
>Lol, that's not my source xD the words are different lol retard

Your /pol/ rhetoric is even weaker than your sources. You're demonizing quite literally one of the least harmful (and in many regards helpful) psychedelic substances in existence, based on an internet survey.

This is why it is important to learn how to objectively dispute the validity of research, it is far too easy to mislead those who choose not to explore recent and relevant research.
>>
>>28255420
Don't even give up information like this ever
They can't prove shit, so deny it always.
You dun goofd, but their record keeping is shitty at best so try another department
>>
>>28255954
You might want to get that checked out by a doctor.
>>
>>28256294
Great, those are all risks associated with excessive use. Now can you put your supposedly stone-sober attention on the fucking question at hand? Again, what are the risks for someone who has a few pints (eg. 3 standard units of alcohol) on the weekends?
>>
File: 1374733591481.jpg (31 KB, 316x403) Image search: [Google]
1374733591481.jpg
31 KB, 316x403
>Have a TS/SCI with some SAP access
>done mushrooms, LSA, LSD, 2-cb, DMT, salvia, cocaine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, opium, codeine, weed, xanax, kratom, methadone, DPH, soma, dilaudid, and some other stuff
>>
>>28255771
top kek
>>
>>28256354

Did you disclose this information in your clearance package or were you just smart enough about it to keep the dirt from getting out?
>>
File: 1408276046131.png (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1408276046131.png
646 KB, 1920x1080
>just got an offer from my city's department and I didn't even have to lie about anything because I've never done drugs in my life

feels good not being a degenerate
>>
>>28256117

Typical drugcuck that can't fathom someone disagreeing with them unless they were a literal caricature.
>>
>>28256354
>no MDMA

Come on guy. Also, 2M2B and DXM was my shit in AIT
>>
>>28255771
>merican education
>>
>>28255797
>They give you a "lie detector" test
No they don't
>>
>>28258178
What? Many departments administer a polygraph test as part of their application process.
>>
>>28255793
>cops
>obeying laws

So that cop car who just lit up his red&blues to run a stoplight had an emergency for, like, two seconds.
>>
>>28256354
>>28258074
Also curious.

Enlisting next year, should I just go with "tried pot a couple times that's it." There is no evidence out there that I'm aware of that I've done any drugs.. Though my facebook page does have friends who are druggies
>done weed, mushrooms, coke, benzos, robotrippin kek, etc
>>
>>28260496
>There is no evidence out there that I'm aware of that I've done any drugs
So don't say a word about your drug history. There is literally no benefit in admitting that you did drugs.
>>
>>28260496
Also, will the military contact your family to interview them about these things? Especially if you end up needing a TS clearance
>>
>>28255916
>There's a reason why a good portion of LAPD cops retire to "nice and white" Idaho.
PS we hate you and want you to leave.
>>
I and a friend took the LAPD test 15 years ago and got bounced just like OP. They tell you over and over just list the drugs,it's no big deal,honesty is what we are looking for , truth shall set you free,blah blah blah.

I took half a tab of acid once when I was drunk. Zero tolerance.

I was way too trusting then.
Also, an illegal Mexican got bounced out iof the test area,good for laffs.
>>
Look up the cost of piss tests.
Look up the cost of polygraph tests.
Look up the # of recruits per year.
Then look at the recruitment budget.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.