[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im in air force studying to be a pilot i cant undesrtand how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: eds.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
eds.png
65 KB, 285x276
im in air force studying to be a pilot

i cant undesrtand how there can be people who willingly go to infantry

to get yelled at to charge forward and get their leg exploded by an IED while they carry an 90lbs bag
>>
>>28254752
it's fun
>>
on the other hand im afraid of

1- ejecting and get hurt
2- crashing while taking off/landing
3 - ejecting over the sea
4- being captured by isis
5 - puke/shit myself/ cry during flying
>>
going to infantry is like wanting to become a cuuck of the captain/sargeant

you are willingly saying : you can force me to die if you want
>>
>>28254773
A pilot I worked with, disoriented from anti-SAM maneuvers during a foggy nighttime training mission, ejected INTO the Adriatic Sea while upside down. He didn't make it.
>>
Answer: Because you're a bitch anon.

But seriously, some men need the thrill of life or death. They are addicted to the endorphins that come with the risk. The enlisted know they are slaves to the man,they aren't stupid. They just don't give a fuck.

Source: 19d
>>
>>28254752
Former Muhreen grunt here. You do it for the pride of knowing you do hardcore shit that most people can't hack. As for the dying bit, everyone dies eventually. Not to come across all salty, but that's basically it. No one ever climbed a challenging mountain because it was fun and low risk. They did it for the self satisfaction of a rare achievement.
>>
>>28254752
I like the feeling of kicking in a door and shooting Haj in the face.

Plus the struggle is kind of fun.
>>
>>28254752
I want to hear the screams of dying arabs as i put a bullet in their chest. I want to lick the tears of dying mujahideen will i masturbate.
This is a joke homeland security
>>
>>28255450
This guy gets it.
>>
>>28254752
INFANTRY=GLORY

COMON YOU APES YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER??!
>>
ITS PEACETIME

None of you will get to do anything.
>>
>>28255450
>grunt
>rare achievement
>>
>>28254773
Then become a drone pilot.
>>
>>28255510
why does that look like so much fun? is it muh ocd?
>>
File: 1432541378900.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1432541378900.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
Yeah If you are afraid of all of those you're not going to become a pilot, and honestly Anon you don't seem to have the confidence to become a pilot.

Even flying something like a C-130 you need to have some type of balls. Even fucking female pilots probably have balls. If you expect to become a combat pilot you need to get the mindset that you're the top shit, and if you act like a bitch you're going to die like one.
>>
>>28254752
Dude, what the hell are you going to do if your plane/helicopter gets shot down and all you have is an MP5 to defend yourself? Not to be a dick but damn you sound like a pussy bitch
>>
>>28255396
He was a good friend.
>>
>>28255446
>19d

this reminds me of once when I was talking shit to some 19ds for being pussies and the dude responded "DUDE WE ARE BASICALLY INFANTRY". lol you faggots wish you were infantry.

>Source 11b
>>
>>28255515
>1% of the population serve in the military
>1% of the military are infantry
I know it's not super rare, but yeah, it is a somewhat rare achievement to be a grunt.
>>
>>28255572

This. You're in the military, OP. That means you are training to be either a professional killer or someone who in some way supports the professional killers. Harden up, because you're not safe up in your airplane, either.
>>
>>28254752

No, you're not.
>>
>>28254752
Because not everyone's a faggot that likes to sit around.
>>
Just because you can't walk a mile without getting shin splints doesn't mean we are dumb for choosing to be on the front lines I mean who else is going to protect your sorry asses and aircraft when on the ground
>>
>>28254752

>what are collage drop outs
>what are minorities that'll get deported

It's propaganda's job to make everyone think it's not as depressing as it is. Even "heroic".
>>
>>28255572
>>28255974
Not OP, but I think he's saying it would be better to die in a cooler way than being cucked by a sergeant and killed by an IED. I don't get the sense that he's afraid of dying.
>>
>>28254752
>i cant undesrtand how there can be people who willingly go to infantry
I cant understand how someone could willingly sit inside an object 40-60 years old maintained by guys with GED/High school diploma's and paid for by the lowest bidder for design and amalgamation of parts/upkeep.

Everything has it's dangers, just how you look at it. Some you can control more, others you can't.
>>
>>28255396
shiieeeeet
>>
File: d73.jpg (18 KB, 312x240) Image search: [Google]
d73.jpg
18 KB, 312x240
Fuck off OP. I'd have an adult circumcision to have either of those MOS.

>recruiter puts someone else's birth certificate in my packet
>lose 68W slot
>next time, too many people scheduled to swear in, have to leave
>lose some signal type slot
>after that, sent home for wearing an xl white shift because it's "gang related" (I was poor)
>lose 25E slot

And that's why I'm a 91C.
>>
File: image.png (582 KB, 735x990) Image search: [Google]
image.png
582 KB, 735x990
>>28254769
>>
>>28255757
>Not being more fun and 11c
Shoulda went 11c m8.
>>
>>28254773
i knew a guy who flew superhornets for the RAAF, he avoids 4chan but i'll attempt to write down what he's saying to me on skype here:

He's never ejected, but apparently it's extremely disorienting and sometimes painful on landing, it's not that uncommon for people to get damaged spines on landing, or to get their parachutes tangled up and hang upside down from trees.

If you're trusted to fly a plane for the air force, you're gonna be skilled enough to not crash your plane on takeoff. Crashing during landing sometimes happens, but generally the ejection seats can get you out of that problem very quickly, most of the time with no injury involved.

Ejection seats are sometimes buoyant, not by design, but sometimes depending on the condition of the water they land into. Regardless though, you should be able to unbuckle out of it on splashdown and tread water until someone comes and gets you (Hint: in the US they apparently send Navy SEALs over to save your ass if they can't get a normal boat to save you)

Said buddy wasn't actually around ISIS, but apparently the Australian Army, Navy and Air Force would launch a full blown operation to get him back if he got captured by ISIS, so if you're in the US I'd be willing to bet your military would too.

Puking is apparently beaten out of you once you get past the initial basic flying courses and into the training jets, you will have to shit yourself on longer missions (Sadly we have not perfected airborne shitting yet), and crying sometimes happens but can be wiped away when you have spare time.

He also said the tone of your post seems to suggest that you're either gonna grow a pair or drop out (I'd like to add that he emphasized you shouldn't drop out just because he said so) and you need to understand you may die and you most likely will kill people during your service.

He also said you're gonna have a damn lot of fun if you can make it to the actual fighter jet training.

That answer your questions OP?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.