[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bolt Action for amateurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: JNG 90.jpg (61 KB, 1599x1063) Image search: [Google]
JNG 90.jpg
61 KB, 1599x1063
I like guns but I don't rust myself with maintaining an AR or something and I also don't have that much experience with weapons other than shotguns as well.

So I thought I would get myself a bolt action rifle for hunting and sport. Since my mother is Turkish and a bit of a nationalist, I thought that this MKE rifle would be fun to have as Turkish army apperantly uses it as well..

I made a bit of researh and found that it has 0.8 MOA and some things I really have no idea of. Comes with a case, cleaning kit, and etc. Talked with Zenith guys from facebook as well and they are saying that the kit and the case it comes with pretty much makes the gun very amateur friendly. The guy at the company also offered me few boxes of ammo for the rifle as well as a gift.

I am pretty much set on this rifle but I was curious about your opinions and wondering if there was any cheaper alternatives. I am doing fine financially but I would still considering going for something else if it is much cheaper.

These are the company specifications

Caliber – 7.62×51 mm NATO
OA Length – 48.62 inches
Barrel Length – 26 inches
Weight Empty – 14.1 pounds
Operation – right hand bolt
Sights – removable rear drum for elevation and windage, front protected post
Magazine – 10-round amber polycarbonate
Colors – black
Includes – rugged plastic carry case, two (2) 10-round magazines, factory cleaning kit, two (2) extra take-down pins, factory Picatinny style optics mount, factory sling and 5-year warranty
Additional – barrel is threaded into receiver and has rugged muzzle brake. Rifles controls are fully adjustable. Optics ready, scope not included

And the price is 6,500 dollars. Are there any other bolt action rifles for around 2-3k anons?
>>
You trust yourself maintaining a $6,500 bolt action rifle, but not a $500 AR? Why?

That's a lot of money to sink into an "amateur" rifle. I don't know if it's actually worth that much, but it's still a lot. You really could just get a $200 nugget from a Big 5.
>>
>>28252757

I meant as in maintaining an automatic rifle. I am guessing (just guessing, I have no experience with guns other than shotguns which I own two but use 7-8 times a year on avarage) a bolt action rifle would be easier to maintain and less likely to fail since it is more ''basic''.

And if I have to be honest, I am a bit fan of these long ranged rifles, even though I probably won't be able to make even 200-300 yard shots without practicing for a week or two.
>>
>>28252739
Holy fuck if you want a bolt action just get a Ruger American or used Remington 700, should come out to less than $1000 with a nice scope, bipod (if you choose to use this, most people don't) and enough ammo to keep you busy for a while
>>
>>28252757
>That's a lot of money to sink into an "amateur" rifle
This. Plus you haven't even broached the need for an optic. Also, 7.62x51 isn't a cheap round for beginners. It's your money of course, but I'd be surprised if you see anyone on any discussion board recommend buying this as an inexperienced shooter.
>>
>>28252772
Breakdown complexity depends on the weapon itself. The AR-15 has a good few pieces to worry about, but then a PS90 is like four lego parts.

There's nothing wrong with preferring a bolt action, but it still begs the question of why you'd spend nearly $7k on your first rifle.
>>
>>28252772
Dude just buy a Tikka t3 and work with that

Unless you're an actual sniper you will more than likely never shoot well enough to warrant a $6.5k bolt action
>>
>>28252790
>>28252786
>>28252783
>That's a lot of money to sink into an "amateur" rifle

I was thinking of buying a rifle for some time and my mom is a bit down for a time since I am dating this half black girl, saying that I was more American than Turkish now. I was thinking paying for a bit more wouldn't be too bad if it is going to cheer up my ma a bit.

Just checked ruger rifles, it looks like they are quite cheap for amateur rifle and I can use it for a year or so to practice and improve my skills. Maybe use the money I was going to sink into that rifle to visit Turkey with my ma or something.

Thanks for the advice anos!
>>
>>28252851
What the actual fuck

If you live in America, you should consider yourself an American first and foremost
Thats kind of the idea behind the melting pot, that you can come from anywhere and any culture and assimilate, not come here and shit everything up by praising your motherland every fucking day you fag

Grow a pair and tell your cunt of a mother to fuck herself
>>
>>28252865

My mother and father met in Izmir when they were deployed there as NATO officers. They are both soldiers and married at Turkey. I lived my life until last 6 years traveling all over Europe but mostly stayed in Turkey with my mother until she retired after 13 year of service because of the complications at my sister's birth.

I am not gonna bitch to a retired Airforce officer about her being a nationalist.

Btw, why would you even care about my mothers non-existent loyality towards U.S, she is not even a citizen.
>>
>>28252851
>>28252924
What the fuck does this story have to do with anything, and why would you buying a gun cheer up your mother

The Ruger is hardly an 'amateur' rifle. Seriously, most shooters will never be better than a modern $1000 bolt gun without putting in a huge amount of time and ammo.
>>
>>28252936

Because she is a retired Turkish officer who is salty about me dating a black girl and not being Turkish enough so I was gonna use this Turkish main sniper rifle to go with shooting trips with her to cheer her up a bit.
>>
>>28252958
Your mom probably fucked goats but even she's smart enough to realize niggers are worse
>>
>>28252924
I'm not the person this was addreased to but why would I care? Because she evidently lives in the US. If she doesn't like America, why is she even here? Why doesnt she kindly get the fuck out?

I work with a bunch of people on H1-Bs and hear the same shit from them, they complain about how "bad" america is. If it really sucks that much, then leave, no one is keeping you here. I mean god damn.
>>
>>28252958
Add in some goat fucking and this would make a good Turkish soap opera!
>>
>>28252739
>$6,500
Oh shit what the fuck are you doing man?!
Just buy a fucking .308 bolt action or a g3 for fucks sake.
>>
>>28252739
>And the price is 6,500 dollars.

That's Accuracy International level money.
I don't see why anyone would give that money to MKE other than being forced to by petty politics.

>Are there any other bolt action rifles for around 2-3k anons?

Tikka T3 & RPR are a good base to start from.
>>
OP cares too much for his bitch non American mother. Let him blow 3K on an "amateur" rifle.
Trust me and just buy one of them rifles from Eraser turk, you'll be glad you listened to me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.