[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First person shooters that fucked with your head
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: hold me theres bloodsuckers.png (611 KB, 710x784) Image search: [Google]
hold me theres bloodsuckers.png
611 KB, 710x784
the first time i played a stalker game, it was stalker call of pripyat, i played it for 16 hours straight and couldnt sleep for the next few hours after i stopped playing because i had fucking war flashbacks to stalker and they were keeping me up
>>
>Stalker gave me ptsd
>>
>First person shooters that fucked with your head

That would be all of them, or all the ones I ever played anyway. I stopped plaything video games with any regularity five years ago and I still have dreams where I'm dashing between cover and carefully shooting at various dudes, although why I'm doing it doesn't make any sense when I'm awake.
>>
File: ha ha ha.jpg (103 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ha ha ha.jpg
103 KB, 1024x576
>>28251824
Only on /x/.
>>
>>28251792
Same here. All those crashes, AI bugs and left handed guns still trigger me.
>>
>>28251792
its even weirder because i played the shit out of Insurgency, which is probably not the most realistic shooter out there but you'd think it would fuck me up a bit more than stalker
>>
I beat bishock infinite in two sittings with 9 months in-between due to broken pc.
>>
>>28251872
Played entirety of infinite and the burial at sea DLC over 2 days
not sure why, but first game that legitimately fucked with my head for several weeks after once I understood what the actual fuck was going on.

I've had dreams relating to various video games, but nothing nightmare-esque since I was a kid, they've all been pretty cool.
>>
As far as dreams go, DayZ. Head fuckery, Red Orchestra. Hearing people scream for their mothers is strange in that context, especially when its prefaced by volumes of idiotic bots ignoring cover and screaming FASCIST. THERE OVER THERE.
>>
>>28251792
I played in a hardcore MILSIM clan in Arma 2-3, and that brought me flash backs. It was terrible, I still get them.

#chairworriorsneedloveto
>>
>>28251979
#VideogamesGaveMePTSD the thread
>>
>>28251792
F.E.A.R.

That fucken ladder man, the fucken pool of blood. God dam.

The latter games jump scares had nothing on that.
>>
>>28252053
Fuck you I had to get my AK next to me because I thought of that little bitch in the vent
>>
The original STALKER was the only "horror" game to ever genuinely freak me out.

As much as anything, I think it's the innate creepiness of Soviet scientific and medical hardware. I don't know what it was about them, but everything they designed is super unsettling, and then add darkness and abandoned age to it all and you get a recipe for nightmares.

And then add the monsters themselves, which seem to have been designed by people with moderate mental illnesses, and the general alien atmosphere that results from clunky translation, and you get STALKER.
>>
If you haven't tried squad yet you should. It's pretty good.
>>
>>28252142

X18
>>
File: 1445067127579.jpg (128 KB, 503x709) Image search: [Google]
1445067127579.jpg
128 KB, 503x709
>>28251792

> played red orchestra 2 for 7 hours
> never stop playing on german side
> have dreams all night of killing bolsheviks in stalingrad

It was one of the craziest dreams I've ever had.
>>
>>28251792

Metro. Oh my god Metro.

I played it for hours on end one day, then went to get groceries. Being outside felt bizarre as fuck for a while.
>>
>>28252208
Goddamn X18.
Also, which mutant freaked you out the most?
For me it's either the snorks or controllers.
>>
>>28252396
Did you feel like you had to bring a gas mask outside?
Were you checking for demons when you looked up?
>>
>>28252208
Fuck X18, there's actually hardly anything in there that you can't handle. It just feels so fucking creepy.
>>
>>28252423
>Did you feel like you had to bring a gas mask outside?

Yes.

>>28252423
>Were you checking for demons when you looked up?
No.
>>
>>28252353
same situation but i played the russians
its an very intense game
>>
>>28252142
>>TFW the Ukraine had to pay hunters to enter the zone irl to execute both wild and domestic animals that got irradiated.
>>TFW you could have been a real S.T.A.L.K E.R if born Russian and 50 years older.
>>
>>28252396
Same here, didn't play that Redux shit though, made me want to get a gas mask but funny and sad enough infographs say that the Israeli and American ones best and the ones used by painters and sold in Home Depot work good too.
>>
>>28251792

>have a few drinks
>bingeplay COD Nazi Zombies
>pass out
>dream nothing but fighting zombies while sleeping

I'm not even complaining. Also fuck you if you diss I still play a ps3 game, this isn't /v/.
>>
>>28253132
>Playing ps3
Literally nothing wrong with that
>Liking COD
Faggot
>>
>>28253548

I never played campaign. Come on Nazi Zombies is pretty fun. Plus that shit was like $15 dollars a map. Damn right I'm gonna ride it out.
>>
File: blyad.jpg (54 KB, 960x685) Image search: [Google]
blyad.jpg
54 KB, 960x685
>>28252208
Anytime I went underground in Stalker my balls shriveled up a little.
>>
>>28253119
You still can if you follow a course in life close to the guy in Brat.

It's just that you know, it's the criminal underworld in Eastern Europe/Russia. You will get paid to do horrible things to people/be the muscle in enterprises that do horrible things.

I imagine it would be hard breaking into that as a total outsider, really.

Hell, even if you walked out your door right now and knew where to find the nearest bunch of criminally versatile hardcore criminals that did stuff like steal things and get involved in serious drug trafficking and what not from your own culture, it would be really hard.

Like, can you imagine walking into a Biker bar (REAL bikers, the kind that deal and snort PCP and stuff?) and getting them to believe that you were in fact, legit?

I mean, you could, but the answer is you would have to be pretty hardcore, and it would take years to advance past prospect, and they would suspect you of being a cop.
>>
>>28251792
Take your Ritalin and then reread that shit.
>>
File: 1447130809067.png (346 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
1447130809067.png
346 KB, 599x593
>>28251792
day/k/are, everyone
>>
File: DSIyC7jg9N.jpg (42 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DSIyC7jg9N.jpg
42 KB, 640x360
>>28253656

>Taylor swift reaction image
>day/k/are everyone

Day/k/are everyone.
>>
not really a PTSD kinda thing, but whenever a play an FPS that isn't tf2, I always press E to call for a medic and try to use voice commands. Then I remember I'm not playing tf2.
>>
File: 1447297765670.jpg (18 KB, 507x463) Image search: [Google]
1447297765670.jpg
18 KB, 507x463
>>28253668
>mocking tay-tay

she is a pure maiden.
>>
DayZ, first person locked servers.

Walking for miles and then encountering another player is terrifying, which is why most people are pussies who play 3rd person so they can peek past walls.
>>
>>28253688

I'd put it in her butt. Other than that I don't have any opinions about her.
>>
>>28253688
>she is a pure maiden
>after posting an image of her with a unix timestamp filename

You saved that image off an imageboard.

She is a slut.
>>
File: 602161-919860_20040916_002.jpg (178 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
602161-919860_20040916_002.jpg
178 KB, 800x600
Shellshock nam 67

> Be like 13
> Fuck ratings, so what if a game is M.
> Play through it a bit, it's just a shitty shooter. Just a little gory but whatever.
> NPC tells me to call in an airstrike.
> The Airstrike comes in and friendly fires half my team, killing none of the vietcong.
> Reload the save thinking I messed up.
> it's a scripted event.
> Finally get to this giant vietcong complex where dead tortured POW's lay everywhere.
> Fight through it all not noticing anything.
> Kill ALL of the enemies.
> Can't find the mission objective, I'm completely alone with not a single enemy to shoot walking through gore.
> Why the fuck can't I move past this, I can't escape, I can't get out and all these bodies are disgusting.
> Suddenly it all clicks and I realize that that is the real feeling of fighting a war.
> Quit the game after an hour of walking in circles and just start to cry.
>>
I wonder how people with actual PTSD from combat would feel reading this thread, kek
>>
>>28253894
not trying to whine about stupid shit i just thought it was interesting, ive been reading up on how violent video games can fuck with your head and i feel like a soccer mom saying it but there is proof that violent video games can mentally prepare you for war
>>
>>28253980
>being mentally prepared for war is a bad thing
>>
>>28252396
tfw reinstalled it yesterday
>>
Red orchestra
>>
>>28251792
>be 12
>playing Goldeneye
>tundra level pt. 1
>use pistol on unwary guard
>hit him in the stomach
>drops his gun, gamewise kill confirmed
>he falls onto the snowy footpath
>rolls over & curls into fetal position
>looks like he's shivering
>he twitches then stops
>the soundtrack gets quiet
>stare at dead man
>takes way too long to fade out
>pause the game
>stare at watch's arms rotate around the pistol's profile
>ask father if killing people should make me feel bad
>"yes, why?"
>continue level but feel weird
>get killed
>forget about lesson, remove Slav
>>
File: BLACK.jpg (28 KB, 213x300) Image search: [Google]
BLACK.jpg
28 KB, 213x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OWzveZzyY
>>
>>28251792

Homeland, not only because the intro to the game was creepy enough prediction wise but there is a few scenes with a baby crying.

One of them isn't too bad, a baby crying while your in a firefight and lots of screaming and shut that baby up etc...

But the first one is traumatic as fuck. They execute some kids parents in front of him and you hear him crying for mom and dad for about a minnute.... Jesus Christ they had a real kid in the audio booth and killed his puppy in front of him or something it was too fucking real. Had to put the game down for a bit.

Might have been that I just had a kid but jesus it was too real
>>
>>28252053
Holy fuck that game was amazing. I wanted to love the sequels so badly, sometimes I can convince myself...
>>
>>28254329
i loved black just for the fucking sounds the guns make theyre so satisfying
>>
>Pussification of Generation Y: The Thread

Mere games designed for entertainment value have damaged the feeble minds of some in this thread. Unfuckingbelievable.
>>
>>28254329
the ammo checks when you picked up a weapon was cool
>>
>>28251792

I smoked a bunch if weed, did two caps of shrooms. I was tripping balls, not to much I couldn't focus. I Played Stalker, and Fable. Fable scared me more.
>>
I've never had ptsd from games. You guys seem like pussies.

I did beat Call of Pripyat when I had a fever, though. In my dreams that night, I was being slowly stalked by a Controller, even after pumping a whole cylinder of .38 (I know it's not a gun in the game fuck off it was a dream) into its chest.

Another scenario was me entering a seemingly empty building to scavenge, followed by bandits surrounding the building and starting to flank and shoot at me. It was definitely a fever dream, so was more dreamlike than realistic. But I'll be damned if that Controller didn't make me feel as fucking terrified and mind shattered as it was supposed to in the game's universe.
>>
>>28253980
violent video games can fuck with your head

how
>>
>>28254352
homeland's intro was the only reason to play the game, shame the rest of it turned into CoD
>>
>>28254508
>violent video games can fuck with your head

meant to greenpost
>>
>>28253749
kek I just played through this again the other day. Was a little fucked up to play as a kid, but it sure was fun
>>
Vietcong.
Red Orchestra.
Spec Ops The Line gets an honorable mention since it was a TPS.
>>
>>28251792
Insurgency.
Have it modded with ISIS and Muhreens and a really good sound mod. I got super into it to the point where every match was life or death. I got really fucking good. So much so I would get really stressed out while playing.
>>
File: 1439519772818.png (665 KB, 912x850) Image search: [Google]
1439519772818.png
665 KB, 912x850
>>28251792
>You will never experience for first bloodsucker for the first time again
>>
File: 1445397057572.jpg (72 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1445397057572.jpg
72 KB, 540x540
RO2/RS
i rate it ptsd/10, the death sounds are sick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
>>
>>28251792

>war flashbacks from a video game

Oh for fuck's sake. No, I never got PTSD from a goddamn video game. I was probably sitting comfortably at a keyboard in my pajamas with no actual threat of my life ending at that moment. Hardly a traumatic experience.

A little spooked by games at times? Sure.The only one that really got the adrenaline pumping had to be playing as a colonial marine in the original Aliens vs Predator PC game.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.