[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eurofighter Typhoon, the ultimate weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: eurofighter.jpg (681 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eurofighter.jpg
681 KB, 1920x1080
Some eurofighters in action with F18 fighters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Cv59GBWBc
>>
Lol Eurofighter most advanced plane in the world and yet costs a fraction of the F35
>>
>>28247612

Oh man that's some bang tidy bait you've cooked

t. bong
>>
This is gonna be a good thread.
>>
>>28247612
7/10 gunna be good
>>
File: bait fishing pole.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
bait fishing pole.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>28247612
>>
>>28247612
Kek
>>
>>28247344
What is the state of the AMK aerodynamic modifications?
>>
Anyone know how they did in exercises with F-15s recently?
>>
op

are you in soanish air force?

me: yes
>>
>>28252857
>"The F-15 gets an opportunity to fight a superior performing threat, and we get to fight against a very capable weapons system and highly maneuverable missile."

I think that's a polite way of saying Typhoon won but AIM-9X made things interesting in a dogfight
>>
>>28252940
How many active jets are there typically in a EdA fighter squadron (EscuadrĂ³n) or wing (Ala)?

I know USAF fighter wings are typically 3 Squadrons of 12 aircraft plus trainers, and an RAF squadron is usually 12 fighter aircraft and additional trainers as well
>>
1.F22
2.F-35
3.Su-35S
4.Rafale
5.Yuropoors Fighter
Facts not an opinion
>>
>>28253015
It's a nice way to say that the Eurofighter beat the shit out of the F-15.

Also don't forget that the F-15 is after the F-14 the worst teenfighter for dogfighting.
>>
>>28252857
That's not a F-15.
>>
>>28253015
>AIM-9X
>F-15
>2015

pick two things
>>
Spanish eurofighters have been flying relatively high above where I live in Spain for the past couple of weeks, it must have been a training exercise or something then?

Murcia region btw.
>>
>>28253084
>anything 35
>any good
>>
>>28254113
Um...

I'm not sure why people seem to think AIM-9X is some new, in testing missile. It's been in service for over a decade.
>>
>>28254167
The AIM-9X isn't in service with the F-15 in 2015.
>>
>>28254195
Yes, it is.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/aim-9x/

>AIM-9X is actively deployed on U.S. Navy and Air Force F-15, F-16, and F-18 aircraft, and is further deployed in the air forces of 18 international customers.

You may be confused because the F-15 doesn't have a HMD that would allow off-boresight launch. The F-15E does however, and even aircraft without an HMD can still use the AIM-9X, they just can't take advantage of it's full capability.
>>
Why should be the 9X a threat to the Eurofighter if the Eurofighter can use the superior IRIS-T and has all the toys like HMD?
>>
>>28254392
because firing a superior missile doesn't make the opponent's missile go away.
>>
>>28254425
Well, it does kind of if the superior missile destroys the target long before it can fire back.
>>
>>28254195
>implying the USAF and RAF were firing actual missiles at each other

I'm pretty sure they can simulate the AIM-9X's capabilities for the purpose of the exercise even if the missiles themselves aren't in use
>>
The Eurofighter with IRIS-T and Meteor is such a rape machine. It's incredible.
>>
>>28254392
Because the Royal Air Force doesn't use IRIS-T, and the F-15E also has JHMCS capability.
>>
>>28254223
The F-15 can almost certainly perform HOBS.

What is JHMCS.
>>
>>28254392
RAF don't use IRIS-T, they use ASRAAM
>>
>>28254096
In spontaneous engagements over the North Sea, F-15Cs from Lakenheath apparently take RAF Typhoons on a 1:1 simulated kill ratio. The F-15E crews state that they have a harder time dogfighting typhoons because of the extra weight and oddly enough the drag caused by the CFTS. They also say that having a second pair of eyes is invaluable beyond measure.
>>
>>28254545
>apparently

Well, sure.
>>
>>28254588
This is a according to both sides. They say that in a high speed fight an Eagle can take a Typhoon but the Typhoon pilots say that if the can force the Eagle into a turn fight than it is meat on the table. By staying fast the Eagle has those world war II advantages that no one thinks actually matter anymore, like greater speed and dive and then resulting zoom climb ability. An Eagle fadt or slow can still use JHMCS and AIM-9X to perform HOBS. The AIM-132 ASRAAM allows the Typhoon to hit the faster Eagle at a longer range but is incapable of HOBS. The Typhoon also has a Striker HMD which allows the wearer to track targets through the fuselage. The aircraft are surprisingly evenlyarched if flown by similar capability pilots.
>>
>>28254631
>incapable of HOBS

ASRAAM is capable of HOBS. Uses the same seeker as AIM-9X, manoeuvres in excess of 30g.

The RAAF have done successful over-shoulder launches with ASRAAM on their legacy Hornets, using LOAL
>>
>>28254631
>This is a according to both sides.

then gimme source
>>
>>28254100
No shit
>>
>>28254725
Random Typhoon/F-15 pilots at RIAT 2015 good enough?
>>
ITT : europoors shilling their last gen planes
>>
>>28254865

"I talked to a pilot, guys, seriously."

The fact that you think ASRAAM can't HOBS basically makes it clear you're talking total horseshit.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.