[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rifle set-up for insurgency effectiveness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
what does /k/ think would be an effective set-up for a homeland insurgency. lets say the blue helmets really do show up and our military is in shambles/spread all over the globe. we'd be dealing with bootlicking feds, foreign UN troops possibly loyalist militarized PDs.

i think the guys with scoped rifles and woods experience will be far more effective than guys tricking out ar's with aimpoops and eotrash's. once they realize that after they pull the trigger on their iron sight ak that the opposition will hit the dirt/get in cover, and they cant verify their hits and can no longer see the enemy because they have no magnification. then their only option is to start dumping rounds in the enemies direction (giving their position away) or retreat after 2-3 quick rounds. america isnt the vietnam jungle where firepower will be king. we have massive infrastructure/roadways/interstates/developed areas with long lanes of fire.

as a poverty 20 something year old i got a ruger scout with a leupold 1.5-4 scout scope. i wouldnt feel outgunned if some brazilian UN platoon came operating in my area with their iron sight fal's because id prone out, drop 2-3 and bug out to set a new ambush. meanwhile you guys who spend your time shooting steel at 25 yards will miss your shots and get melted by return fire.
>>
short version: scope your rifles retards, only poverty 2nd world countries dont run magnification. do you even acog?
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
Schools out early today
>>
Or you'll shoot one guy in his body armor, try to run away, get nicked by LMG fire, and bleed out in the woods. Either one.
>>
>>28246925
>>28246931
>supplying yourself in an insurgency.

All you goochie fags are so addicted to goochie that you'd add another point of failure in a logistical nightmare situation. Irons will work. Irons will suffice.
>>
how many firefights have you been in?
>>
>>28246925
Huh, guess all the kids are getting off for Christmas break now
>>
>>28246966
irons are backup sights to anybody thats not a peasant
>>
>>28246965
acting like people are unaware body armor exists. if they look like they have plates on, you aim for the groin. this is common knowledge.
>>
>>28246925
>what does /k/ think would be an effective set-up for a homeland insurgency.
NGfag here, if you're going to be doing some stupid shit please just volunteer at your local armory, or at the very least tell them you're going to be doing stupid shit so they can talk you down and you don't get thrashed on thermals.

At the end of the day, after the weekend warriors jokes and laughs are exhausted, it is kinda the ultimate purpose of the NG to work for and coordinate with the state government, which you are part of as a citizen.

To be honest, at this point, you'd be drafted anyway.
>>
>>28246985
There are people on this board who don't have iron sights.

>be in firefight
>battery died in snowflake optic
>didn't cowitness because snowflake optic
>have to spend time removing optic in middle of firefight.
No thanks.

>>28246996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCDY5XhZng

Fuckin asshole.
>>
>>28247010
>battery died in snowflake optic
You know how long Aimpoint battery lives go?

Also your reading comprehension sucks, he said backup to anybody that's not a peasant.
>>
File: snakebite1.jpg (272 KB, 403x482) Image search: [Google]
snakebite1.jpg
272 KB, 403x482
>>28247000
NG is pussy they disarmed americans during katrina. fuck those traitors and thermal is poverty.

http://snakebitetactical.com/
>>
>>28246974
>>28246952
Apparently.

However rather than giving OP the ability to just go "HURR, NO KONTRIBEWSHUN!" I'll say this.

That logic only applies to non-powered sights (think the old scopes from Vietnam and earlier). You get the benefit, without having to fear batteries running out and shit, however you also don't have to have glass for your rifle. Why? Because irons are just fine for firing into a platoon of blue helmeted fucktards standing in the open. Open fire, empty a magazine and run like hell is the best strategy for anyone doing that shit.
>>
>>28247029
>implying we're not all peasants
>>
>>28247039
He's going all out.
>>
File: 1447725866567.jpg (184 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447725866567.jpg
184 KB, 900x900
>>28246925
A good insurgency/guerrilla rifle won't help you if you don't know anything about guerrilla tactics, which you obviously don't or you won't be asking.

pic related: >mfw when this christmasfags are comming
>>
>>28246925

Kek!!

Last time the UN intervened properly as a cohesive fighting force was back in Korea.
>>
>>28246985

Learn to shoot properly fuckface
>>
>>28246925
Assuming the UN said "fuck America" and didn't get nuked, mostly because of cucks, the only good set up ir rig would be comradery. Really, working together as one mind is what will defeat those fascists.

>armed men who are ready to take on a formidable fighting force, and who are ready to die
>armed with AK and ARs, so they can have an abundance in ammo
>have body armor and armored vehicles
>the NG supply's the front line troops, if they arnt being complete cucks
>the militias are support or SF
>inb4 "they arnt trained"
>you don't have to be "professionally trained" to have any common sense about special tactics
>they band up in platoons and companies
>they become a well organized and oiled machine, that can fight semi-well
>shouldn't be a problem, as the UN are a bunch of untrained fags
>the only "real" threat would be our own military, or the FFL/UK/Germany themselves

All if this really is dependant on what was going on before the Insurgency, what led up, and how they perform.

A good kit would be any AR/AK that can accept scavenged ammo and a good PC/CR and a good set of camp or some type of good looking pattern.
>>
>>28247978
Also forgot to mention I'm currently writing a book with this type of scenario. Its going to take place mainly around the Cascadian region. Hopefully ill have it out by Christmas next year, if not by summer the following.
>>
>>28247978
designated marksmen/snipers inflict the most gun related casualties in any war
an insurgency in america would be more like the one in northern ireland except way more bloody
there would be no front line troops for the NG to supply assuming the NG defected to join the rebels
>>
>>28247968
i have not heard soldiers or marines bitching about having acogs. but surely they would prefer iron sights right?
>>
>>28248115
>it'll be like a sniper haven
Why dies anybody think this? Sure, its a long way, and most places will resort to that. But what about the cities? And the surrounding areas? Farm land and wooded areas would be OK for snipers/DM's...theref be plenty of frontal engagements. Such as Washing DC. They'd come marching in and where would everyone hide? In buildings? To complicated for snipers who are also up against tanks/apc's.
>>
>>28247978
>Germany a threat
You're retarded
>>
>>28248227
>Germanys not a threat
>literally the worst of the cucks
>the president would suck the dick of any EU member if told to by the UN
>still not a threat

Just because they don't have a *big* military doesn't mean they aren't trained.
>>
>>28248227
And you have to remember that this is hypothetical. The UN would never attack the U.S, unless the POTUS gave the A-Ok
>>
>>28247978
>the militias are support or SF
>militias
>SF
>SF militias
el oh el.

Why are tripfags so retarded?
>>
>>28248267
You're an idiot and here's why.

Historically, Germany cannot into logistics. It was true in WWII when they tried to use their Wunder Waffens to overcome logistical shortfalls.

Spoiler Alert: It didn't work. Today, they have rifles that melt and suffer permanent POI shifts after sustained firing. Naval helicopters that don't like salt water, Vietnam era F4 phantoms and 100 operational Leopard II tanks with zero replacement parts.
>>
>>28248359
Nigger, I added other countries. That probably would mean that
>support infantry, detached to another UN country, like the UK
You dumb fuck. Like I said, its hypothetical. I was just saying a couple countries off the top of my head.
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1289x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1289x1936
>>28246925
>Has god-tier GSR
>Has a shitty 1.5x
>Doesn't have the 2.75x28mm Leupold masterrace
>I'm a poorfag collegefag too.
You're fucking shit. If I had to use my barebones AR I wouldn't feel under gunned at all either.
>>
File: 2012-11-12 14.55.50.jpg (207 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2012-11-12 14.55.50.jpg
207 KB, 480x640
>>28248402
>Not useing 2.5-8x36
>>
>>28248426
>Removing the iron sight at all.
>Having keked muzzle.
At least you're 18" master race. You an Austrailibro?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Who else /ironsights/ here?
>>
>>28248480
checking in , dont wanna rely on optics before i can shoot well with irons , goal is simo levels
>>
>>28248402
is gsr really that good , pls honest opinion
>>
>>28248402
1.5-4x28 variable you pleb

>>28248480
>spends money to build bcm instead of stock m&p15
>doesnt have quick release variable optic
>>
>>28246925
>gonna take on a platoon with my ruger scout

this is why I don't come here more often
>>
>>28248599
It's a Ruger, which is pretty good out of the box, and it has a Mauser action and detachable mags. You're paying extra for the whole Gunsite name. It's a solid rifle, I love mine.

>>28248610
>implying I don't enjoy shooting irons more, actually.
Kind of kidding, I'll invest in a micro red dot later.
>>
>>28246925
Fire power was not king in 'nam, you lost.
>>
>>28246985
>acog
>not being able to hit a man-sized target within 300 yards with AR irons
If you can't do this you need to practice your marksmanship. An acog won't improve this.

>engaging targets further than 300 yards with 5.56
Use a longer range cartridge, in which case use an optic with more magnification than an acog.
>>
>>28248954
Was meant for
>>28246931
>>
>>28248623
"The destruction of an entire NVA company over the span of 5 days. Hathcock and corporal John Burke pinned down a fresh company of NVA regulars in what was known as the Elephant valley. Craftily facing amazing but unskilled odds, the two snipers forced the company to sit in place while they slowly decimated the enemy, one by one. Interestingly, few if any of these kills are counted in either snipers' tally."

with a scout rifle id say you can drop 5 or 6 before you get taken out if youre in a good position and have secondary hides. if you want to survive, get a hit or 2 and run.
>>
>>28248994
>using ancient lessons to fight modern conflicts
You're the reason people hated Vietnam to begin with.
>>
>>28249099
what are you even talking about? when the blue helmets arrive you shoot them. that quote is an example of a platoon getting BTFO. platoons in afghanistan would have gotten BTFO if the taliban were armed with dragunovs and pso-1s instead of ak's and 70 year old canted sight mosins.
>>
>>28249158
Except the American army has this thing called air support
>>
>>28248954
you obviously have no idea what youre talking about. we're not talking about shooting at a static white piece of paper on a barren range. we're talking about shooting at camouflaged moving targets who dont want to be seen. magnification is used for recon/observation as well as making shots easier at distance.
>>
>>28249158
You realize the majority is combat kills from both sides have nothing to do with rifles right? You realize you'll be fighting people with night vision and thermals right? You realize you'll be fighting people with tanks and air support right? You realize technology, tactics, training, and equipment have advanced since the 70s right?
>>
>>28249185
Except insurgents use caves/tunnels/canopy forests/structures to escape and hide before air support shows up.
>>
File: 1419059843303.jpg (119 KB, 835x776) Image search: [Google]
1419059843303.jpg
119 KB, 835x776
>>28249158
>>28249201
>>28249207

Not for nothing, you're all taking a page out of the gun grabber handbook. Asymmetrical warfare is a thing.
>>
>>28249237
Everything is an IED.
>>
>>28249242

Yo mamma's an IED
>>
>>28249207
you realize the taliban, chechens, isis etc etc. has been fighting against the same odds too and they are still fighting. for every million dollar piece of equipment there is a 5 dollar solution. thermal can easily be rendered useless. night vision is overrated. lol at tanks. theres a reason they are barely utilized during insurgencies.
>>
>>28249242
if you cant construct ied's, throw junk in the road or dig holes to hold up a convoy. theyll spend hours inspecting it and if they begin disregarding it as junk then they will be with hit real ied's.
>>
>>28249237
Next time read my post before commenting like a liberal.

>>28249274
You realize they've been DYING against all that stuff right?

>thermal can easily be rendered useless. night vision is overrated
Confirmed for not knowing anything lol.
>>
File: 20151206_184438_resized.jpg (3 MB, 2241x3984) Image search: [Google]
20151206_184438_resized.jpg
3 MB, 2241x3984
>>28248480
errday
>>
>>28248381
Not him, but his argument was about Germany, not the other countries. You're the dumbfuck with zero reading comprehension and who's only talent is goalpost moving.
>>
>>28248480
I'm in my mid-30's. I took a doe yesterday at ~125 yards with my Chicom M14 using the irons.
>>
>>28249274
Then why are they losing?

Also, Taliban did have a few AFVs and such. It all got blown the fuck up, they didn't chose to not have them.
>>
>>28249230
What is artillery, what are morters, what are the designated marksman in the platoon you just opened fire on.
Your strategy of killing a few men and running may work a couple times. Then they are going to catch on and a gunship is going to show up at your next "ambush" or that platoon is going to have a strike fighter covering them that will blow you away after you fire your first shot. I'm not saying an insurgency can't be successful but being a one or two man army doing direct engagements is Hollywood bs
>>
>>28246925
>not being able to hit targets out to 800m with irons
Shoot more faggot or join the military
>>
>>28249449
you fucking retards. of course you can shit shit with irons. its easier to hit shit with optics. if youre not a peasant, buy an optic and have back-up irons. if your a nyet rifle is fine elitist then so be it. im talking about making your rifle the most effective.
>>
>>28249401
what is being shit scared because youre not fighting snackbars with 50 year old ak's and garbage chinese ammunition but facing experienced men with a culture of shooting who have match ammo and variable power optics who are fighting for the last beacon of freedom on earth.
they can have all that, its still going to be extremely brutal and bloody on both sides.
>>
>>28249724
>be inna urban environment
>almost constant cqc
So what then shit head?
>>
>>28249816
Variable power? Red dot canted? Irons Canted? Acog w/ dot mounted? There's lots of solutions.
>>
>>28249791
And in they end if you fight in the way you have described you will lose, and that's all that will matter once the shooting stops
>>
>>28250307
of course im gonna lose. ill definitely die before its over but some tyrannical dweebs will hear some shots. the question is, will freedom lose?
>>
>>28250307
>you will lose
not him but I'm okay with this because I have a huge martyrdom fetish
>>
>>28248587
I mean way too set your goals high I guess..
>>
>>28250677
Yes, if everyone who fights for it is as autisic as you freedom will lose
>>
>>28249158
Do you even take eyesight into account when you say these things? Those fuckers have absolutely no access to any eye care in most cases and the fact that the faggots don't have access to reliable ammunition?
>>
I've actually fought in counter insurgency operations.

There is SO much autism going on here. Some of you make sense (and you know who you are) but holy fucking shit.

You think you will just grab your SKS, AK, or AR and go all red dawn on thier asses?
Fuck no. Because even the most incompetent military doesnt just line up in single file for you to effortlessly shoot them.

They will come hunting you. Your house will be watched for 3 weeks by a drone, and then 15 MRAPs full of guys with real hardware will raid it. They WILL expend these kind of resources just to capture a box full of rusty SKS's too. I know they will because I HAVE been on ops like that.

And when some faggoty autsomethought hed get clever and shoot and scoot the gunship would slam him with a hell fire while he ran away. Im not kidding, an entire hellfire for one guy with an AK.

We lost some guys, yeah, but the first airstrike I ever witnessed killed more of them than all of my guys ive seen get hit in my whole career.

Every time they directly engaged us they were either killed, captured, or fled. The closest they came to being effective was IED's and we got pretty fucking good at avoiding those too.

There ARE ways to effectiveley resist occupation/conduct rebellion against a superior force, but I have yet to hear somebody not trained and expierienced in such things ever say anything approaching workable tactics.

You all wanna hear some simple shit that WAS effective against us? I can tell ya. But its the typical dumb boring shit that comprises 90% of war and has nowhere near the visual appeal of going out in a blaze of glory when the hellfire blows you into pieces, but it works.
>>
>>28250854
shut the fuck up faggot boy. only reason ill die is because im a savage and will engage actually inflicting shit while absolutely fuckboys like you sit back and sway like a fucking leaf you tory bitch. youre either completely unaware of reality or you are the autist. a fight is coming whether you want it or not.
>dropping braindead orderfollowers is autistic
>>
>>28251042
ieds are a lot more effectice. atleast from what ive seen
>>
>>28251042
who fucking cares faggot we wont go quietly. go do your gay ass remote control drone bullshit. fucking homo. be sure to follow orders.
>>
>>28246925
>yeah time to get me some of these BR fucks
>just as soon as they get out of their IFVs
>any day now
>they drove away
>g-got em...
>>
>>28251042
Is it "everything is an ied"?
>>
>>28251114
Naw, that life is behind me. But if you want to tone down the butthurt edgyness for a bit I can give you tips for how to fuck with armed patrols and walk away.

Or atleast tell you how they used to fuck with us and get away with it.

Cuz pissed off edgy faggots like you are the easiest to fight. We just had to use our intel sources to figure out who you knew, fuck with them to get you mad and shooting, then drop a himar or hellfire on your position.
The bonus to it all was that we got to see thier family watch us bait and kill thier hot head daddy/brother/son and say "yall still think its a good idea to fuck with us? No? Well I guess you guys have a funeral to go to. Need help picking up the body parts? We can lend you a body bag, well trashbag really. Theres not enough left to fill a real body bag. Oh sorry, insensitive? (Offer trashbag) dont get mad, get glad!"

And, yes, finding out who somebody is and who they associate with is easy as hell. There is ALWAYS somebody around who will tell you for a few bucks, especially the loud angry types. You can usually get that info for free because those kind of people have a habit of pissing off thier neighbors.
>>
>>28251178
No, its placement.
Think like this: us mil operations.
Recon, planning, logistics and supply, rehearsal, conduct mission, debrief.

So you wanna place an ied. You dont just build one and toss it in a hole.

You watch your enemy. What patterns do they follow, when and where do they tend to get complacent? What kind of gear do they have? How far apart is thier dispersion? What prompts a search? How do they react to a threat?
Simplified scenario:
So lets say that you have been watching this units patrols, and you notice they have a highly agressive response to a threat, you fired a few pot shots and they straight up rushed the house to clear it. You ran away, but now you have something you can use.

So you either obtain an ied, or build one. You place it right under the floor inside the door.
You shoot at thier patrol and run.
They rush the house, and set off the device.

You just fired wildly long enough to trigger the predictable response, but you managed to kill the point man, and severely wound the two guys behind him.

Terrorist: 3
Counter insurgency: 0

Obviously they are going to be looking for patterns too, so you cant just be a one trick pony. You go back to watching and waiting, testing the waters even. Place hoax devices to see how they respond, poke at em a bit with harassing fire to see if they still react the same way or revised thier tactics etc etc.

Dont think of it like "wire everything" or "put em everywhere" think of it like hunting.
>>
File: safe_image.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>28251193
yeah thats totally operator as fuck dude. you have no idea what people have buried out in the hills. and once again, have fun with your 10 million dollar drones and IR hellfire missiles when invisibility costs 50 bucks. you have no idea who resides in america but its expected youre a brain dead dependent fucktard. and its why we still have our guns.
>naw, that life is behind me.
nobody gives a fuck about your useless ass opinions formed from watching youtube videos of apaches shooting up vans full of civilians
>>
>>28251299
Even though the skills are rare, how do snipers fit intothe typical guerilla tactics you've encountered
>>
>>28251299
heres a better one.
>you shoot at their patrol and run.
>you dont use a garbage ak
>you hit them
>resistance: 3
>braindead drones: 0
>>
>>28251344
Well its actually pretty rare for them to have a sniper with much more skill than "guy who can hit targets beyond 500 meters"

We didnt really run into too many "snipers"
Weve had guys with bolt action rifles take pot shots, we DID lose a guy to a sniper once though.
Shot him through the head, so we unloaded on the area the sniper fired from with a MK 19, wounding him, followed the blood trail to a nearby shack, and kicked him to death.

I can tell you one tactic they used that was frustrating as fuck for us was murder-holes.

Basically theyd cut a 5-7 inch hole in a wall and set up the rifle with the muzzle a few feet from it and shoot through it.
(Building is in a cluster of buildings) so we KNOW the fire is coming from a cluster of buildings 600 meters away, but you are taking fire and cant even see which one specifically that it is coming from.

Cant call in a strike because it would cause civ cas to surrounding structures (something theyd learned from observing us, like I talked aboutstructuresand if we move on the area hes got plenty of time to hide the weapon and run, or just pretend hes a civilian if hes in good enough with the residents for them not to snitch. But like I said, not very many snipers. Probably because any time one actually starts being effective their removal becomes a priority.
>>
>>28251193
Would you or the people you served with consider doing this on American soil? Would you be okay with it, given what you saw as sufficient provocation or the right rationale or what have you?
>>
>>28251464
You and I have already spoken about this before actually, unless theres another phil ossifers stone on here.

It was discussed a lot in the unit, and we all agreed that at the least we wouldnt fire on american civilians. About 1/3rd would state they would side against the government, another 2/3rds stated that they wouldnt side with anyone unless thier loved ones were hurt, and the side they chose would be against whoever provoked them.

Im in the latter 2/3rds. I wouldnt get involved unless my family was hurt, in which case I would go after whoever did it.
>>
>>28251464
Fuck off
>>
But all of this just brings me to my main point.
Americans tend to view revolution positiveley because thiers turned out alright.
But revolutions have historically been more likley to end up being led by people like chairman mau, castro, or stalin.

Revolutions tend to be made up of angry gun wavers with little real ambition beyond an excuse to shoot people. Who do you think an angry gun waver wants as a leader? (Himself of course!) But barring that, your average revolutionary wants his leader to be an angry gun waver too.

At which point we are just flipping the coin of human nature and hoping a washington or a ghandi is going to pop out instead of another hitler or che guevera.

So if a revolution comes I think I will keep my head and not get caught up in the excitement, atleast long enough for me to determine that im not helping install the next genocidal maniac into power.
>>
>>28251083
I'm beginning to believe that I've been baited
Well done you got me to bite
>>
>>28251511
Musta been awhile back.

Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>28251657
>angry gun waver
retarded basement dweller confirmed shut the fuck up with your garbage

"So if a revolution comes I think I will keep my head and not get caught up in the excitement"
the "excitement" of bombings, assassinations, starvation, internment camps and the like.
>>
>>28251657
>>28251445
>>28251193
>>28251042

Has his head screwed on straight and knows what he's talking about, if you ask me.

There's a few possibilities for how a guerilla war could happen in the US, but most of them and the ones most likely to happen won't be in the form of guerillas resisting the government or another nation, but **guerillas versus guerillas** with the government trying to keep the peace and figure out who's who and what's going on.
>>
>>28251922
nobody asked you. dudes best advice was boobytrap doors and "murder holes". groundbreaking stuff.
just remember the government is the one that wants to disarm the populace. keep the peace my ass, keep the slavery is whats really going on.
>>
>>28251981
>just remember the government is the one that wants to disarm the populace
Which is why all guns are completely banned in the US and everyone is disarmed, right? They're not? Whoops!
You're confusing a minority of politicians and demogogues for "the government". Here's a tip, kid. If you vote, you are the government.
>>
>>28251981
Has it ever ocurred to you that a people vs the government ground war could just as easily turn into a chinese or russian backed proxy war against the US and by the time all the cities are rubble and all involved are tired and demoralized the foreign army swoops in to "restore order" and "conduct humanitarian missions." Hell, those nice young chinese men, boy they sure are swell, they gave us rebels guns n bombs, and they even helped us set up a new government!
What great guys, I for one am glad I helped the chairman of the north american chinese territories get rid of them pesky feds during the revolution!

War is always portrayed as two sided, in reality there will always be more going on behind the scenes than the grunt in the trenches is privvy to, or can even have any say in.

And I DID say that the advice I was going to give is mostly boring crap. Because thats what works.

What? Did you think I was going to bust out an infographic showing how to build an anti drone radar guided missile with some beer cans, gasoline, and a walkie talkie?

There are countless elaborate ruses, gadjets, and tacticool operator lore. In reality a simple solution enacted in an intelligent manner will be the most effective every time because you can read "the operators operational guide to operating operationally: The special operators edition" written by a navy SEAL but that doesnt mean you will be a SEAL with his budget and training.

Average joes trying seal team six shit WILL die. Simple murder holes placed to exploit enemy ROE's and IED's emplaced to take advantage of observed weaknesses and security lapses is not just good advice, but something you dont need to spend 18 months practising to learn.
>>
>>28246925

>what does /k/ think would be an effective set-up for a homeland insurgency...

pistols and easily concealable submachineguns
>>
>>28251736
Wasnt using a trip back then.
Plus I have seen you in other threads, youre usually the guy who isnt being autistic. (Well lets be honest, we're all autistic here, the best somebody can do on here is be the least autistic person present)

But I know im not going to get a flurry of angry edgyfag nonsense from you atleast.

>>28251981

Talkin about you mr angryfag. Been shitting up the whole thread with your COD kiddie style rants, cool yer jets and maybe enjoy yourself a little.
>>
>>28246925
Unless some Canadians are crossing the border to fight then the term "insurgency" is a misnomer.

If a war were to happen between the US gov and US people it would be an "insurrection".

the terms are similar, but there is a singular important difference.

>then their only option is to start dumping rounds in the enemies direction (giving their position away) or retreat after 2-3 quick rounds...

this is actually how you fight as an insurrectionist though.

you say this:

>I think the guys with scoped rifles and woods experience will be far more effective than guys tricking out ar's with aimpoops and eotrash's...

and then follow it with this....

>America isnt the vietnam jungle where firepower will be king. we have massive infrastructure/roadways/
interstates/developed areas with long lanes of fire.

so where is it you think people should be fighting, innawoods or innacity? Because you just named 2 very different types of warfare and then applied the OPPOSITE infantry solutions to both.

All of that "infrastructure" is in and around cities that to take would require Close Quarters Combat where eotechs and aipoints excel because of their ability to transition from intermediate range to close range

innawoods is where you want high power scopes.

>as a poverty 20 something year old i got a ruger scout with a leupold 1.5-4 scout scope. i wouldnt feel outgunned if some brazilian UN platoon came operating in my area with their iron sight fal's

you're saying that because you have a 1.5 power optic, that you feel you will have an advantage over a trained soldier with backup, logistics support, communcations, and CAS?

lol, ok.

>because id prone out, drop 2-3 and bug out to set a new ambush.

it keeps going...

>meanwhile you guys who spend your time shooting steel at 25 yards will miss your shots and get melted by return fire.
>poverty something
>aimpoops, eotrash

oh, ok, a troll
>>
>>28252372
I like how he talks about enemy combatants almost dismissiveley too. Like they will just stand around long enough for him to kill 2 or 3 of them effortlessly and that he will just breezily exfil to a secondary site, and they will just obligingly march right into his zone of fire instead of trying to flank or call in indirect fire.
Almost like hes dealing with....... video game NPC's!
Makes sense now! Another sperg lord that thinks video games are an insight into real combat.
>>
>>28247978
>you don't have to be "professionally trained" to have any common sense about special tactics

I'm guessing this means you know how to target and sabotage supply lines. Sure, you could just use Formula P to take care of anything, but then what 2nd and 3rd order effects will that have? how fucked are the rest of the non combatants now that you just Destroyed a bridge instead of limit its threshold? No such thing as speshul tactics you fucking nigger. SF is SF because they can destabilize without fucking the country up for the next couple years. Once the job is done everything should be a smooth transition back to the way it was and only have minimal repairs to get everything back to normal.
>>
>>28252246

That'd be clever. Only I think you'd be getting searched and felt up quite often
>>
>>28252222
You write like an asshole.
>>
>>28252925
And you smell like one.

Arent ad hominems fun?
>>
>>28252925
You moan like a bitch.
>>
>>28248599
Over priced. Expensive mags. 2 MOA if you get a good one. Which is shit for bolt action. The savage scout is the same thing just nicer and cheaper.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>28246925
I can see it now. A guy takes a shot with his 0.308 with a 3-12x scope at a patrol, misses to the left by an inch, then gets crushed by artillery. It's almost as if he would he be been better off strapping a bomb to his chest. Stop trying to convince people that your small arm is to resist a tyrannical government during an insurrection. It just makes other gun owners look bad. The only weapon that is effective in the hands of an insurgency is an ied, which is why destructive devices are outlawed but your gun isn't.
>>
What if the un does invade, but no country is retarded enough to do it but india?

Would our people be able to withstand the wrath of gannesh's chosen?
>>
>>28253552
Only if it's before 2020
>>
File: 1450076717457s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1450076717457s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
OP is out of his mind. no one is going to play run and gun against leo's and coin forces and survive. there are far better pursuits to be doing at your age like pussy and cars. don't be a tard.
>>
>>28248199
You don't engage in the cities. More damage can be done in the countrysides because supply lines aren't going to be only by air, and in order to control a region you have to control more than just the city in it. The Grab SKS, go Innawoods is more than just a meme that's spouted, it's an effective tactic as eventually the opposing force would have to try to find the defectors, and bombing the entire countryside isn't a good tactic when food isn't a commodity during mass civil unrest.
>>
File: 1449362418099.png (203 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
1449362418099.png
203 KB, 1802x905
>>
>>28257561
excellent post
>>
>>28248140
The military has a large supply chain to support them and replace equipment if its broken. You don't
>>
>>28259435
>acog breaks
>start using iron sights again

what's the issue?
>>
>>28252218
They're trying to disarm everyone though.

They've been trying to do that since the turn of the century.

You can't see that?
>>
>>28253492
Fuck off bootlicker.

The 2A has been under attack for almost a century now.

Small arms will always have a role.
>>
>>28251042
would effective tactics be shit like placing thermite on the engine blocks of unattended military vehicles, or other stupid shit like graffiti and other stuff that just makes life for the occupiers more difficult?
>>
File: dadcore.jpg (50 KB, 718x695) Image search: [Google]
dadcore.jpg
50 KB, 718x695
>>28246985

>Muh gear mufugga

Will look great in your closet the first time your block gets tossed and you get thumped then fitted for flex cuffs. Or when a middle man in your supply chain get picked up and squealed like a chicken.

Grey man and a rifle you can leave in a dumpster > high-end bullshit for insurgency.
>>
>>28259611
they are peasants and try to justify it by claiming every attachment you put on a rifle will break. basically they advocate for drastically reduced effectiveness because its possible something could possibly happen to an optic when an easy solution is a quick release mount/rings. poorfags gonna poorfag.
>if you cant hit a man at 1k with iron sights learn to shoot
meanwhile they cant even see a dude past 150 yards if hes not wearing all white like the pieces of paper they shoot at.
>>
>>28247039
It was more racist cops than the NG.
>>
>>28259786
retardation. obviously unaware of the entire economic situation. when this shit pops off their will be starvation, forced relocation and camps erected. id stick with camouflage, being prepared and knowing where to hide.
>>
>>28260021

Not sure if troll or genuinely retarded.
>>
>guns
>for an insurgency
If you want to insurge you need friends, and you need to know how to make bombs. I'm 0 for 2 so I'll be collaborating.
>>
>>28259770
No.
People dont leave stuff like armoured vehicles unguarded in dark shadowy easy to sneak around in garages like in the movies.

They will be guarded and in a well lit area and there will be atleast two or three sentries and an entire barracks nearby to respond to noises like you shooting them.

You arent an operator, or a plucky movie hero who can just quietly neutralize sentries with nothing but a piece of piano wire as a garotte before stealthily placing your charges and slipping away through a convieniently placed sewer grate that the enemy even more convientiently forgot to padlock.

If you really wanna fuck up armoured vehicles with minimal risk to yourself you use ieds.

Graffitti is a source of intel and tells an occupier who is there, how the public feels about them, roughly how many of them there are, how much area they control, and what places they frequent.

We used to read taliban grafitti all the time for such purposes.

"Welcome to sangin, this shall be the grave yard of the Marines" was painted across a banner in front of a shop in pashto dialect, which a few of us had learned to read. Guess which building we raided first?

Another good one
"Allah bless all of the taliban fighters trained here for they are holy martyrs"
In bright red spray paint across the top of a compounds gate. Huh, guess thats a taliban training compound. Lets put them under surveillance and raid the shit outta them, capture 15 recruits and 4 instructors complete with HD color photos of them training to be terrorists.
>>
File: 1436567818178.jpg (13 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1436567818178.jpg
13 KB, 250x243
>>28248359
>Germany cannot into logistics
The Wunderwaffen were to compensate for beeing outnumbered by the allies and logistical shortcomings were due to resource scarcity and not inefficient logistics.
The modern capabilities are laughable but again Germany is restricted in its capabilities as a occupied nation and forced to adopt NATO armament when they would be better off designing their own.
I would not be surprised if they pull another KdF if shit comes flying their way but all this is retarded as they would more likely come into conflict with russia, france, england and poland before the US and even then a navy of insane proportions would be needed or some krautmagic submarines.
>>
>>28261671
>set explosives on door
>write "militia recruitment center" outside
>wait
>....
>dead marines
>>
>>28261671
kek, how could anyone be so retarded as to advertise the location of their training center
>>28263519
this is clever though
>>
>>28257561

The one factor of major chaos that is not mentioned is what happens when the meds run out? The US has the largest population of chronically medicated people in human history. Some of these people dont even tell their partners what they are taking.

Three weeks of system disruption is when things will get sticky.

This why I think homeless crazies may be the most stable demographic not far to fall not much change. Spoiled citizens flip out by lunchtime if they skip breakfast and thats with the meds flowing proper.

>>
I for one will be collaborating wholeheartedly when the blue-helmets arrive.

I'll rat out all of the members of my local church to the interim local UN authority, all except for one girl's family. I'll blackmail her into performing sexual services for me in return for her family's safety.
>>
>>28264801
enjoy being skinned alive you tory cuck
>>
>>28246925
>Mentioning the UN as some kind of threat
>Ever
Opinion fucking disregarded.
>>
>>28251307
>>28251356
>>28246925
There's no way you're older than 16
>>
Bunch of authoritarian traitors in this thread. Fucking sad /k/.
>>
>>28265605
It's something you realistically could expect. Take it from us yuropoors who were occupied in WW2. There are people out there who only think about themselves (specially during war because it's very hard times and they got kids to feed etc.) and the occupying force will have collaborators everywhere. The nazis didn't have fancy surveillance drones, but they had all sorts of people spying for them. The waiter in your favorite diner, even the beggar on the street and so on.

Also, America is so multicultural that there's less common ground between various people.
>>
>>28265451
There is. He's just working for a . gov
>>
>>28265830
Point of order: You weren't the most heavily armed civilians per capita on the planet in the 1940's. Imagine if the entire Continent followed the Swiss model -- and yes, fell to Naziism, but the majority of households still had enough guns and ammo to arm everybody else. One imagines Quislings would get weeded out rather quickly.

We are in uncharted territory here, thanks to the 2nd Amendment. I'm not sure whether to be comforted or scared by that.
>>
>>28265922
lots of americans are still unarmed or they don't have the will to sacrifice themselves in a conflict those are the people that would be collaborators
2nd amendment doesn't prevent cowards doing their thing
>>
>>28265873
Makes me wonder if I'm on a watch list or not.
>>
>>28265974
What if there's a FBI man watching me shitpost RIGHT NOW?

That would be the worst job ever. I'd feel sorry for the guy.
>>
>>28265974
You're posting on /k/. They've been watching us for years. No tinfoil.
>>
>>28265962
This.

Having guns doesnt make a person heroic or stalwart defenders of justice. That shit comes from charecter. In every occupation of one country by another, or by a totalitarian regime there have always been collaborator spy networks and even armed supporters of the occupiers.

The nazi gestappo brigades comprised of locals being used to hunt other locals comes to mind, or how hitler used french arms plants to arm the vichy french nazi collaborators and used them to fight the partisans.

During an insurrection one would always have to be wary of thier neighbors selling them out.

Polish occupation comes to mind, the Nazis created a famine and people would sell out thier neighbors for stuff they didnt even do in exchange for food.

Its entirely possible that you could just be minding your own buisiness and get fucked over, either somebody who just doesnt like you reports you as a rebel sabotuer, or told the rebels you are a collaborator.

Saw that in afghan a lot too. Farmers having a dispute would try to tell us that thier rival was taliban just because they wanted to see his house get raided, or theyd accuse him of helping us to the taliban so they could see him get his ass beheaded.

Wouldnt be any different in America.
>>
>>28266186
>Wouldnt be any different in America.
I predict it would be a hell of a lot bloodier. Especially in rural areas.
>>
>>28263498
The German logistics chain was garbage compared to that of the British.
>>
>>28251307
Nice black rifle faggot, have fun being butt raped
>>
>>28252222

chekd
>>
>>28247988
What's it gonna be called? Chances are slim you finish it/get it published, but I wanna keep an eye out.
>>
>>28253552

tactical toilets
>>
>>28253552
>India arrives in the US
>all the soldiers drop their pants and start shitting in the streets
>streets around the US are literally flooded with shit
>US army can't move their armor and logistics because there's so much shit
>India wins a glorious victory
India truly is a world power
>>
>>28247978
>Germany
Lol what is force projection? Germany couldnt project a wet napkin.
>>
>>28265974
I'll save you the wondering and say "yes".
Doesn't mean anything will actually be made of it, you lazy faggot.
>>
>>28248115
>>28246925
What is with you fucking morons thinking you're going to get long lines of sight?

I literally CAN'T shoot at several hundred yards, because outside of an airstrip or ONE private range, there's literally no unbroken lines of sight that long anywhere near me if I don't want to climb a fucking fire tower.

A considerable portion of the country is a mess of forest, urban sprawl, suburb, wetland, and hills.

If you're arming yourself to fight on US soil, you should be preparing for short to medium range fights, and planning for light weapons with good ammo commonality.

And don't give me this "MUH ROADS AND HIGHWAYS" shit.

They're not straight out here either, or entirely flat for more than a mile.

If you're posted up trying to snipe da gubbement as they drive down the highway, you're a RETARD. You'll be taking a rifle to engage vehicles moving at speed in an area where you are completely exposed.

Interstate highways often feature trees up to the side of the road, hills or dropoffs on both sides, and buildings in the only flat areas.

Welcome to New England. You're probably not shooting at more than 100-200 yards unless you're elevated, hitting an airstrip, or exposed.
>>
>>28247978
>>28246925
>>28248402
You guys ever read the book Patriots by Wesley Rawles?

That's my wet dream, that whole fucking book.
>>
>>28246931
Why do I need a scope when I can hit accurately at 600m with iron sights? In an insurgency you wanna make sure you don't rely on luxuries that may shit the bed on you at some point.
>>
>>28247957
Like 3 years after they were founded.
>>
>>28266383
>farmland
>desert
>plains
>modernized cities
if using a rifle, best thing would be murder holes in an urban setting as someone said previously

IEDs best choice desu senpai
>>
>>28266386
>wet dream
You'll grow out of it, I hope. No sane human being should wish for what seems to be coming.
>>
>>28266211
Exactly.

Plus collaboration would be incentivized.

Our own CIA did some sort of operation in viet nam where they essentially used rape and sexual deviancy as torture methods to extract information, and basically payed perverts to live out thier rape dungeon fantasies.

I cant remember the name of it but they did all sorts of sadistic shit, shoving eels up peoples asses, genital mutilation, electrocution, gang raping family members in front of people they wanted info from.

And yeah, the director of the program was japanese-american. Go fuckin figure.

Point is people talk tough, but when you are tied to a chair and some local freak on the federal pay roll is getting ready to shove a lit road flare up your daughters ass you are going to tell him what you know.

He gets to do the shit he used to only be able to think about while masturbating and gets paid to do it, so long as he keeps a steady stream of "intel" flowing to his handlers.

And his handlers dont really care if its accurate or not, because the fear of what can happen to them just for being suspected or accused of helping the insurrection is just as useful a tool as actual info about who is helping them.

Our government has a lot of practice with being the evil occupiers, all that wierd shit happening in gitmo and cia black sites are nothing new, i garuntee that they have contingency plans in place for dealing with an armed american popular uprising.

Im not saying that we shouldnt activeley oppose such things, or that fighting back would be bad or useless. Im saying that most people I talk to who propose it seem to think it would be exciting or entertaining, fun even.

There would be a lot of blood, and probably quite a few atrocities comitted by both sides. Im sure the rebels would have thier own trained sadists doing horrid things to collaborators families too.

War isnt fun.
>>
>>28248140
As a Marine, I fucking hate that we moved from iron sights. I had entire platoons that never shot the M-16 without optics. And who knows whether or not they could get their shit together and learn on the fly if their ACOG broke on patrol or whatever the fuck might happen.
>>
>>28266456
>farmland
>desert
>plains
The vast majority of the populace isn't in any of these.

>modernized cities
This is the only one you get, and anyone who isn't completely incompetent is going ot nullify that by not helpfully marching down the middle of the road.

Expect to fight through side alleys, not down main street.

And yes, IEDs are the best. It's also inadvisable to try to stockpile them.

An AR or any other carbine can be acquired without having the FBI up your ass the moment anyone catches wind of it.
>>
>>28266484
In the grand scheme of things it increases performance though.
>>
>>28266477
Pheonix program. That was its name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program
>>
>>28266513
occupiers will be taking their patrols down those long, straight, city roads. it would be easy to take one shot at a driver through your murder hole and run away
>>
>>28266555
full house confirms
>>
>>28266459
>implying anyone is sane on this god forsaken website
>>
>>28266553
Some of our good good ol' all american boys hard at work (keep in mind these people are both still alive, and living amongst us today. Maybe your neighbor.)

"The problem was, how do you find the people on the blacklist? It's not like you had their address and telephone number. The normal procedure would be to go into a village and just grab someone and say, 'Where's Nguyen so-and-so?' Half the time the people were so afraid they would not say anything. Then a Phoenix team would take theinformant, put a sandbag over his head, poke out two holes so he could see, putcommo wirearound his neck like a long leash, and walk him through the village and say, 'When we go by Nguyen's house scratch your head.' Then that night Phoenix would come back, knock on the door, and say, 'April Fool,motherfucker.' Whoever answered the door would get wasted. As far as they were concerned whoever answered was a Communist, including family members. Sometimes they'd come back to camp with ears to prove that they killed people."
>>
>>28266612
More fun with the CIA:
"The use of the insertion of the 6-inch dowel into the canal of one of my detainee's ears, and the tapping through the brain until dead. The starvation to death (in a cage), of a Vietnamese woman who was suspected of being part of the local political education cadre in one of the local villages ... The use of electronic gear such as sealed telephones attached to ... both the women's vaginas and men's testicles [to] shock them into submission."
>>
>>28249312
So what you're saying is that platoon of Tali and a platoon of Army infantry would be equally matched if they were equipped the same and had the same supply system?

I'd actually like to see this experiment carried out.
>>
>>28266632
>>28266612
CIA = faggots
>>
>>28266386
>Patriots by Wesley Rawles
can confirm
>>
>>28266657
Assuming the training was the same of course, being able to use the tools is important too.
>>
File: cia roe.png (343 KB, 1113x767) Image search: [Google]
cia roe.png
343 KB, 1113x767
>>28266632
I'll just point out the homes of the men doing this weren't within easy driving distance of the villages they were terrorizing, and that your average Vietnamese peasant wasn't armed with anything more formidable than a pitchfork. Just for the public record.

/waves at Nipmoot's FBI handlers

>>28266661
They're still at it, according to several milfags here. Pic related.
>>
>>28249724
>Have effective rifle
>Be an ineffective insurgent

In the case OP brought up, fighting an insurgency here in the US, you need to realize you're probably going to lose a rifle or two. Being an optic elitist means that once that happens the first time you're gonna lose a good amount of your effectiveness as a fighter.
>>
>>28266661
Yeah. Now imagine them turned loose in the american countryside.

It doesnt matter that you have a rifle and 600 rounds of ammunition buried on the back 40. You will be hungry, tired, miserable. You will have no idea if your loved ones are going to be set upon by feral animals working for the CIA, and even worse, you have men just like that sleeping and eating right next to you doing the same shit to supposed collaborators.

You risk your life for little gain, watch good men die horrible deaths while sadists prosper, lose loved ones. Guess what im saying is that this is what a war on US soil is going to look like and this giddy anticipation that people put forward is sickening.

All other options must be sought out before its sks go innawoods time, because I garuntee, it is not going to be an enjoyable expierience.
>>
>>28266731
sounds to me like the spooks would be the ones to target first
>>
>>28259770
Dicks. On. Everything.
>>
>>28251445
We had real-deal snipers in Iraq. Ramadi specifically. Chechens, Saudis and I think one was a Jordanian. Those guys wrecked havoc on our machine gunners in mounted patrols. An effective sniper, combined with IED's and ambushes can be an extremely dangerous combination because of the stress factor placed on the patrol. Even though tactics can be changed after some good AAR and such, but for a short time they are extremely effective, and really can only be countered with an effective and confident command staff/well trained soldiers (Marines, in my particular case).
>>
>>28266837
Yeah, our sniper that I mentioned was chechen too.

Is chechnya some kind of fucking sniper factory?

I think the iraqi guys had to deal with the juba sniper, did they ever figure out of that was just one guy or a network claiming to be one dude? Last I heard there was some contraversey over that.

Also, no offense to you guys but standing bolt upright head and shoulders out of the turret? every time i watch footage or see pictures of iraq every gunner is doing that. Makes me cringe. SOPs and force pro posture has changed a lot. When we were on the gun turret our heads never came more than high enough to peek over the top. Pain in the neck (literally) to have to be hunched/crouched low all the time but it certainly makes a difference. Had a guy put a burst of fire 4 inches over my head once. Had I been standing upright like I had wanted to all morning it woulda caught me in the face.

Then again, they were sending privates fresh from infantry school straight to war back then, and putting cooks and mechanics in gun trucks and expecting them to be just as capable as grunts.

I had a company of salty Marine NCOs to share knowledge and expierience with me as a boot, and who spoke often of thier times in iraq and thier hard earned lessons.

Getting caught standing upright in a turret would result in a pissed off corporal climbing up there and kicking you in the face. Amongst other lessons and teaching methods. I think they call that "hazing" now.
>>
>>28246942
I dont believe a god damn word of that.
>>
File: trollface poker.jpg (64 KB, 689x577) Image search: [Google]
trollface poker.jpg
64 KB, 689x577
>>28267142
Old copypasta is old.

You must be new.
>>
>>28267056
"Juba" was a myth, a poor one at that.

Juba was supposedly the sole shooter for every PSAF shooting in the Iron Triangle for like 5 fucking years.

The only people that believed in him were people that never left the wire, or had never been in country. No offense on the latter point.

We stood in our turrets on the move, depending on the neighborhood.

SAF and PSAF weren't really a thing we had to worry too much about since local hajj liked to save that for the IP and IA since they were complacent corrupt douchebags.

My faith in the protection of the turret shield/& chicken shield was kind of destroyed when a guy I knew was killed down-low in his turret seat by an RPG.

>>28251464
On-topic

We talked about this a lot in Iraq (Oh hey 2007, damn near civil war).

Of the lower enlisted, there was mostly a consensus against combat on American soil against Americans. Killing some asshole on the other-side of the world was acceptable to us all, killing our quintessential neighbors?

No.

Most said they would desert, or join a resistance movement.

Career guys who indulged the conversations (NCOs), based their loyalty off their families protection ( a pretty Hobbesian and rational concept).

There was of course the 2+/-% edgy group of possible sociopaths who said they loved the idea of civil war, and really believe and want it to happen in their lifetime.

Honestly if you see how fucked up Iraq is, you see very little reason to begin an armed resistance in the United States with our present civil liberties and prosperity.

I'm drunk, and that was a really long sentence. But the last thing I would ever want to see is the type of shit happening now in Syria, or any lower level of what I witnessed in Iraq, occurring anytime soon in the United States.
>>
>>28267142
When the winter break hits.
>>
>>28251307
That $50 camo doesn't protect you from thermal.
>>
>>28249158
>if the taliban were armed with dragunovs and pso-
They did have those. Those guys got hell-fired.
>>
>>28267648
Yeah I get ya. Pogs used to try to tell us stockpiles of 80's stinger missiles were floating around and that they could use them to shoot our helos down.

Ya know, ignoring the fact that stingers have an un-replaceable battery inside the missile itself that only lasts 5 years and if theyd had a way to take our aircraft out they surely would have fucking used it by 2012.

Or flak cannons. Every fucking mission "oh and there are rumors of technicals armed with old russian quad mount anti air cannons"

Like I said, if theyve had anti air capability they would use it, because our air slaughtered the utterly uncontested every day. If they had it, they would have used it, its not like they are helplessly being gunned down by almost stationary hovering apaches because they want to.
>>
>>28261671
>People dont leave stuff like armoured vehicles unguarded in dark shadowy easy to sneak around in garages like in the movies.

Yeah. They just put a chain link fence around it and call it a motorpool.
>>
>>28268609
Thats during peace time. I have never been deployed and not seen the motorpool without a gate guard and atleast two roving sentries.
>>
>>28248480

All day. Fuck an optic. If you can shoot irons you can't shoot.
>>
>>28269396

uh *can't shoot irons
>>
>>28247049
This. Insurgency isn't about engaging in drawn out firefights. You hit hard and fast, then you haul ass.
>>
>>28269396

Ask me how I know your only rifle is sub $300 milsurp.
>>
>>28248115
You have that a little twisted.
Designated marksmen have a higher average of kills per shooter than grunts, yeah. But with 1 sniper team per 100 grunts or so, the numbers don't add up.
>>
>>28247039
>not taping your ACOG
It's like you haven't taken your rifle outside to shoot

Is he wearing a poncho liner too?
>>
>>28248994
You're talking about a pair of extraordinary marksmen in a very advantageous geographical position.

>But I have the perfect position to defend
Then go defend it, but that isn't how the entire conflict is going to be won. For every one of you, there'll be 10 or more of me, guys armed with those iron sight AKs and ARs, actively engaging in guerilla warfare.

>B-but I'm a great marksman
Then do yourself and the resistance a favor. Link up with some of us iron sight savages and provide covering fire.
>>
>>28263519
>>28263519
i laffd.

all the might of the USMC defeated by bugs bunny logic.
>>
>>28266211
shit, where i grew up in the south, theres families with blood feuds from ireland and germany CENTURIES AGO still going strong.

give them another chance to get revenge for shit and it will far bloodier than the reconstruction ever was.
>>
>>28249207
This is seriously worth reading, if you honestly believe what you're saying.
>>
File: 1358698686270.gif (48 KB, 2034x1491) Image search: [Google]
1358698686270.gif
48 KB, 2034x1491
>>28246925
>>
>>28251307
You are literally retarded. If you're extremely lucky, you may actually get one kill before your ass gets smoked, hard. Real life isn't anything like CoD. After your first shot, there will be a hail of lead all around you. The air will fill with flying bullets from dozens of rifles and several machine guns. While you're pinned in place, unable to even stick your hand out without getting it demolished, another group will flank you and shoot you down like a dog.

And that's just basic training tactics, standard "braindead ordertaker" bullshit. If there are gunships on overwatch, they won't even bother flanking, they'll just double the number of guns pinning you down.
>>
>>28252465
Exactly
>>
>>28259611
Nothing, as long as you keep yourself sharp with iron sights, and don't come to rely too heavily on gear that can break/is more likely to break than the weapon itself.
>>
>>28252222
Finally some sense around here.
>>
>>28263519
Such an original thought! No trained soldier could ever anticipate such an elaborate scheme!

Also, you apparently missed the part where they scope the place out days ahead of actually hitting it.
>>
>>28264801
You'll be one of the guys that gets burned alive in a cage, instead of a quick bullet in the head.
>>
Bampin
>>
>>28247978

> nuking the UN
> ON US SOIL

oh my fuck the stupid it hurts please kill yourself.
>>
>>28266383
>>28266383
it might be like that in new england, but here in the south, a good chunk of it is miles and miles of bare fields and open areas, never mind the western us that is NO TREES AT ALL.I-95 has at least 200 yards on each side of the road cleared, as does every interstate, due to the eisenhower plan to use them as runways in case of a nuke attack or invasion.
>>
>>28266731
sounds like something that would cause a Bleeding Kansas 2.0 to me.

there would be james brothers/Mosby's Rangers/Stand Watie partisans from hell. never mind the mexicans who would be their own war with the other latino immigrants, and the quagmire of factions and racial group enclaves that would be florida.

people would get really tired of the CIA perversion shit really quick, and fragging would happen quite often i would like to think.
>>
>>28270586
He meant if they said "Fuck the US," and not get their own countries nuked. Keep up.
>>
>>28246925
The UN will not invade the USA. It does not even have a standing army moron.

Secondly your 'red dawn' scenario is bullshit from the 80s. FLIR, ballistic radar and drones mean that you and your Ar15 are about a relevant to open warfare as a bushman with a stick. Gruella warfare is obsolete and a fuckwit like you can't grasp asymmetric fighting.

You are no threat to anyone. Just a dickhead with a fantasy and no clue..

>>
File: tmp_15368-1449360407970472214668.jpg (674 KB, 1391x1000) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15368-1449360407970472214668.jpg
674 KB, 1391x1000
>>28270828
>>
File: redb.jpg (43 KB, 477x316) Image search: [Google]
redb.jpg
43 KB, 477x316
FLIR

You are the little white dot being turned into taco sauce.

Ballistic Radar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lAdWwLb6iA

A fuckwit like you could not even take on a bunch of teenagers with training and a T-72.

Fuck I hate fat lunatic fringe 'militia' kunts.
>>
>>28247863
Hey man, nice shot
>>
>>28270828
He probably is clueless, since he's asking this. But there are a lot of combat veterans among the population now, not to mention all the military assets that would go over to the other side (possibly entire bases at a time.)
>>
File: w.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE661hmLjtU

OP you are a fucking liability. You know what happens to fat mouthy civvie kunts with guns in a warzone.

Dickead.
>>
>>28270356
That guy is also assuming we did stuff like use doors.

Our SOP was to blow a hole in the wall with a rocket as soon as the assault team was in position to move through the breech.

Driving a truck through the wall worked when civ cas or collateral was a factor.

Which brings up another piece of advice, the easiest way to get somewhere isnt always the best, because your enemy probably anticipates you to use it.

Just because theres a door doesnt mean you HAVE to use it.

Goes the same for concealment. Hiding behind the only tree on a ridgeline isnt effective, following a road or readily available path to your target isnt either.

Think like this when planning an assault: "if I was in his position where would I think the enemy would come from, or hide behind"

Because i garuntee the most obvious solutions have guns pointed at them before you ever got there.

They had a pkm pointed at the door we hadnt known about, we just went "if it was my compound I'd have a gun pointed at that door" which is why we came through the wall behind it.

Obviously common sense plays in to this as well, the most retarded way to do something is still the most retarded way to do it, just dont make the assumption that the easiest is always actually the easiest.
>>
>>28270910
And every single veteran knows taking on a professional army with 19/20 century insurgent tactics is suicide. Except for this dumb fuck and his plastic rife.

WANKERINES
>>
>>28270946
Did you miss the part about military units who flip to the other side? What's to stop a full blown civil war when we're shooting each other's families in the streets?

Or are all the active units that turn rebel just going to set down all their neat toys to hike off innawoods with a rifle?
>>
>>28270862
Have a think what happened to soviet occupied Poland, allied occupied Germany and surrendered japan.

But no you need to make up some fucking space biscuit fantasy about shooting 'blue helmets' because you are a moron.

Your low iq and lack of knowledge means you would be dead within hours of picking up a gun.

Professionals would shred soft fucks like you for breakfast and you have no idea of the tech you are up against. You can be heard breathing two miles away and triangulated you dumb pile of blubber.
>>
File: IMG_20151201_143931.jpg (199 KB, 749x589) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151201_143931.jpg
199 KB, 749x589
>>28267648
>referencing Hobbes on /k/
Thanks

I like this thread. Minus the edgey larpists, there have been some valid points made.

It may happen, but no one who isn't a sociopath will enjoy it.
The smart and adaptable will survive, and then...
Chechnya?
I dunno.
>>
>>28270990
Network centric warfare. Remote deactivation of everything from rangefinders to gps.
In the pipe.

You are all clueless.

Think hard about what FLIR drones and 30MM indirect precision fire actually means.

Running around like some kunt playing Rambo.

How about you join up and serve on a UN mission you fucking piece of shit?
>>
>>28271000
That's funny, because the three tours I spent in Iraq as 11B say otherwise.

But keep telling yourself what will never happen. We all need our ways to feel safe at night :^)
>>
>>28248115
All the barret kills in NI were at less that 100M from a hiding place in a car boot. If that had been gloves off the IRA would have been massacred a long time ago. You know fuck all. Next.
>>
>>28271030
And yet, with that entire rant, you still don't address anything in my statement. You just assume that anyone of any signifigance in the chain of command has a 0% chance of defecting in the event the american military was killing american civillians.
>>
>>28271031
Fucking space marine internet kommando.

Blah blah yet you appear to know fuck all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQMJYTSge8
>>
>>28271067
Wot like every other time in history the US military has killed shed loads of civvies on US soil and then had some beans and farts afterwards military officers broke chain of command?

Show me the history. Never fucking happen you ROTC faggot.
>>
>>28271000
>allied occupied Germany
you mean the bombings that never stopped till the early 80's? or the werewolf underground, or the ratlines?
>>
>>28271076
Think what you like, you can't argue any of the points in my original post, so you jump to attacking my character and making absolutely baseless assumptions like a butthurt teenager.
>>
>>28271106
So, the Civil War never happened?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZ6PgrIIjc

No revolt in US chain of command. All enemies foreign *and domestic*
>>
>>28271112
Russian backed bader meinholf attacks had nothing to do with allied occupation of Nazi Germany where there was near zero resistance and what little there was was crushed easily. . Your knowledge of insurgency and terrorism is beyond pathetic.
>>
>>28271138
US civil war may have been over many things but it sure was not about not killing US civilians as both sides proved and there were no breaks of chain in command over killing civilians on either side.. Next.
>>
Currently, under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 14 offenses are punishable by death. Under the following sections of the UCMJ, the death penalty can be imposed at any time:
94 - Mutiny or sedition
99 - Misbehavior before the enemy
100 - Subordinate compelling surrender
101 - Improper use of countersign
102 - Forcing a safeguard
104 - Aiding the enemy
106a - Espionage
110 - Improper hazarding of vessel
118 - Murder (including both premeditated murder and felony murder)
120 - Rape (including child rape)

Four provisions of the UCMJ carry a death sentence only if the crime is committed during times of war:
85 - Desertion
90 - Assaulting or willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer
106 - Lurking as a spy or acting as a spy
113 - Misbehavior of a sentinel or lookout

Your last words before your execution will be 'I am a stupid kunt'
>>
>>28271138

No. There was a War of Northern Aggression however.
>>
>>28271184
>Laws are never broken

>Everyone in the military is always going to agree about everything forever!

>Military coups never happen!

>There could never be any conflict between our orders and the constitution!

But that's ok, keep shilling away.
>>
>>28271128
Occpied Germany 1945 - Nada
Occupied Japan 1939 - Nada
Occupied Poland 1946 Nada
Hungary 1956 - crushed
Czechs 1968 crushed.

But you live in space marine fantasy land.

Now that I have addressed you 'point' again I suggest you tell me how exactly you can handle flir drones and 'indirect' 30MM as a guerlla. You can't.

What is asymmetric warfare? Do you know?

Do you know how to apply the theory or do you just fantasise about playing wolverines like a prick with your shitty 5.56MM and some camo cream on your balls.

Kunts like all militia types.
>>
>>28271163
this was decades before bader meinhof. my grandfather was there in the late 50's and there was several bombings in the frankfurt,Bonn, and ingolstadt areas.
>>
>>28271227
Show me one example in the last 150 years of a US military sedition to protect civilians on US soil. You can't because it will never fucking happen and has not happened despite several civilian massacres and massive shits being taken on your precious constitution.

Dickhead.
>>
>>28271235
I actually have no intention of fighting, I'm getting my children as far from it as I can. But you keep believing in your flawless, 100% uncorruptable-by-any-means system! Goodnight, day/k/are!
>>
>>28271251
>It hasn't happened by my definition yet, so it never can. Anyone who even entertains such ideas must be an idiot!
>>
>>28271238
The tupamaros were also commies and soviet backed. Nothing to do with the fact that the Nazi population lay down and rolled over. Just like all civilian populations in Europe did.

Maybe you enjoy these fantasies because the USA has not had experience of military occupation since 1865. Except for the Indians - ask them how that whole noble resistance thing went.

OP is just blubber waiting to water balloon when a 30MM smacks him.
>>
>>28271292
>USA has not had experience of military occupation since 1865
tell that to the south. we have been occupied by those people since then.
>>
>>28271334
Oh quit being so melodramatic. The only people with legitimate complaints about the reconstruction era died 100 years ago.
>>
>>28271334
Yes and the southern states knocked civilian armed resistance off as a option pretty quick after occupation aside from a few bank robbers.

Thank you for illustrating my point.
>>
>>28271411
Faggots,

Try reading up on the soviet occupation of Poland to see what good fun civilian armed resistance is....you'd die and not in the nice way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbuQ6APGYnQ
>>
>>28271476
I will utterly change my stance on the south not being able to complain anymore if you can provide just one modern federal restriction that only applies only to the former confederate states that is being enforced today.
>>
>>28246925
By the way OP.

What the FUCK is that patch stuck on your hat? Your crown of faggotry or something?

Fucking airsoft asshat buttfuckery of the highest order.

And show some fucking respect to Korean vets who served in a UN operation you fucking kunt..
>>
>>28271505
Because you successfully fought a guerrilla campaign? No not that because the CSA lost and the civilian population rolled over because they had to. Like all civilian populations do.

FFS.
>>
>>28246925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPsI941j-w

'blue helmets'.

Kunt.
>>
>>28271529
That has little to do with what I said, but is correct.

Did I post that comment to the wrong person?

Im calling out that guy who claims the south is "still being federally occupied" to name one modern federal law that only applies to the south.
>>
>>28271564
Fair enough. Proceed.

Although I kinda want to put on a blue hermit and fuck the ops corpse in its eye socket.

I bet your brain would feel like warm apple pie on my cock - and so the resistance dies.
>>
>>28271506
>airsoft ass buttfuckery of the highest order
>thread has nothing to do with airsoft
>self-projecting

do not worry about things you are not capable of understanding.
>>
>>28251356
>outrun a drone
>a drone that can see you with thermal vision
Hmmmmm
>>
File: 1438706655127.jpg (75 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
1438706655127.jpg
75 KB, 375x592
>>28267142
Found a newfriend. Welcome!
>>
>>28257561
This is just a /k/ fantasy told by /k/'s boogeyman.
>>
>>28271278
>it has never happened
>I can't even think of an example
>but I'm sure it could happen in my hypothetical scenario
>>
>>28271750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnptcYpuHXs

drones are useless against people with knowledge time to prepare. good luck wasting 10 hellfires before you finally get lucky and hit something besides an abandoned house.

every argument from bootlickers
>muhh dron3z

i hope drone pilots think that the white specks of heat signature are all thats moving around down there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.