[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought up of a sword design, this is quick drawing of what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: custom sword.png (115 KB, 632x3344) Image search: [Google]
custom sword.png
115 KB, 632x3344
I thought up of a sword design, this is quick drawing of what I imagined. Does this kind of sword exist, or did I make something new? Would it work well, or is just some dumb shit?
>>
>>28108143
That's the worst Police baton i've ever seen.

>prob make great sex toy though
>>
>>28108143
I think I see sauromon getting stabbed somewhere just above the hilt
>>
that's not just some dumb shit, but so dumb I'm struggling to work out how you think it would work.
>>
>>28108143
i can almost fucking guarantee you can find this exact design on the cold steel website or one of those flea market sword catalogs
>>
>>28108173
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>28108143
Yeah, you designed something stupid and impractical.
>>
First of all, you just limited the depth of any cuts you might make to just an inch or two, sacrificing the ability to reach major arteries and internal organs that a simple two-dimensional blade offers.

Second, a one-handed weapon needs to fall into the 1-3lb weight range in order to be effective. Less, and you're really limited to just sidearms. More, and the weight becomes to great for even a strong, trained fighter to wield it with the speed, accuracy, and stamina required to survive on the battlefield.

Frankly, your concept would work better applied to the tip of a mace, and pointed spikes are more efficient (and already well-known) at the task.
>>
You have designed an impractical three-foot fork.
>>
File: DSCN1087.jpg (44 KB, 1024x294) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1087.jpg
44 KB, 1024x294
>>28108143
That's a bar mace.
>>
File: bar-mace-1.jpg (19 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
bar-mace-1.jpg
19 KB, 375x375
>>28108143
been dun befo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.