[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>i dont own a gun >whats a good first gun to get >ive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1448397010377.png (320 KB, 248x444) Image search: [Google]
1448397010377.png
320 KB, 248x444
>i dont own a gun
>whats a good first gun to get
>ive shot an AR-15, mosin nagant and sawed off ( dont remember the exact models ).
>enjoyed shooting all 3
>what was your first gun
>whats ur collection now
>>
For what purpose? The correct answer could be either a 22lr revolver or an anzio 20mm

We need to know your intent. Collecting, hobby, target shooting self defense, WHAT?!
>>
>>28106073
both collecting and self defense. ive always wanted to start collecting because i enjoyed shooting and history of weaponry but for money reasons havent gotten around to it. The main reason now is for self defense. What would be an effective and reliable handgun, bolt action, and semi-auto?
>>
>>28106025
I just built my first AR15 i'd recommend them. fun to shoot, ammo is plentiful and easy to find, decent hunting/home defense possibilities.

Plus its easy to buy parts and build your own. Which if you do lets you save money, make it how you want and gives you a better understanding of the gun compared to field stripping for cleaning.
>>
any reliable website to buy seperate parts?

i mainly browse /pol/ and after seeing all this shit going down in the world id just like to prepared you know. Any good place for explosives, body armor, which ammo to stock up on and does ammo expire, after military grade items that i could get may hands on? I live in the US. i know i could google but i know many of you guys have an expertise here.
>>
>>28106098
Well if you're looking to shoot on a budget, i would absolutely start with a mosin nagant. The soviet surplus ammo is stupid cheap and very easy to clean/maintain. That said, I would never see it being effectively used in any self defense scenario. It's a great shoot-the-shit gun however.
>>
>>28106098
>Collecting & self defense
Custom 1911 (Ed Brown, Nighthawk ect...)
K31
M1 Garand, or M14 variant

>Purely self defense
Glock 17 (Glock 26 or 43 fpr CC)
Tikka T3
SLOR104FR
>>
heres a new supposed isis video tht just came out as well

https://ia801502.us.archive.org/19/items/akhbar_20151203/%D8%A5%D9%84%D9%89%20%D8%A3%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A1%20%D9%8A%D9%87%D9%88%D8%AF.mp4%20-%20Google%20Drive.mp4
>>
>>28106147
primaryarms.com has good stuff.
I built my AR of of their black Friday sale, gunshows and amazon.
>>
>>28106156
*for CC (concealed carry)
*SLR104FR

Goddamned busted keyboard
>>
File: image.png (784 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
784 KB, 640x1136
>>28106151
Use my nagant for home defense because I'm a poor gage my room is right by the stairs so I keep my bedroom door lock So if can here somebody coming up I have time to chamber a round
>>
>>28106188
Fag *
>>
>>28106188

Haha fair enough. I guess if you run out of rounds, swing out the bayonet and charge
>>
>>28106188
are you not able/do you not just keep a round chambered at night?
>>
>>28106147
All of these questions' answers depend on your /pol/ levels of paranoia.
>>
>>28106207

Not OP, but personally, i certainly would not. Loaded guns that have no safety against drop-discharge is a big no no for me personally.
>>
>>28106211
my levels of paranoia
>if trump isnt elected civil war imminent
>if something isnt done about the sandniggers, race war is imminent
>>
mosin nagant has been said a few times but is there a good model or year for them? or are all the variants good?
>>
>>28106220
i mean just chamber a round before you go to bed at night

or even just chamber a round once it gets dark out

certainly you would put it somewhere it wouldn't be able to fall, and its not like you have any reason to fuck with it save from maintinence
>>
>>28106239
>
I have an M92/30 1943 Mosin Nagant. None of the variants are bad though, really. The only differences i believe are whether they are carbines or long rifles. You really can't go wrong with them, as long as the rifle you buy isn't particularly damaged.
>>
>>28106224
Well then:
>reliable website to buy seperate parts?
If you buy from the web the government will know what you bought because of your credit card. You can't buy lower receivers online so if you don't want anyone to know you'll have to get an unfinished lower receiver and drill it out yourself or buy one private party with cash, not through a gun store.
>explosives
Possession of any is a felony. You'll have to make your own if you really want them. You probably want to get instruction from someone else's internet connection.
>body armor
Find a store that sells ar500 plates and pay cash. Find a plate carrier to put them in.
>ammo to stock up on and does ammo expire
It does but it's beyond the timeline of your life. Unless they corrode in humidity but you can just buy airtight ammo cans and be fine.
>>
any good shotgun recommendations? someone recently told me they arent viable for home defense
>>
>>28106207
I don't keep it chambered for safety reason I do the old open the bottom trap door and load it from there keep the bolt close but ive woken up in the middle of night to what I heard was noises I can chamber a round pretty fast I don't have a sticky bolt so it's easy
>>
>>28106265

Well a shotgun's effectiveness really relies on the layout of your home. If you live in a small apartment with tight doorways, the chances of someone being able to grab at the barrel is much higher than if you have a long hallway to fire down. If you do want a decent home shotgun however, i personally like my Remington 870 express with a 5+1 tube. They're only ~$300 as well.
>>
>>28106264
what about the use of a prepaid card? sorry im a gun virgin, dont know any of the ropes yet.
>>
>>28106285
Where ?????? I've been locking for a short barrel shotgun for my aparment
>>
>>28106282
whats the safety issue if the gun will just be sitting still at night until you need to use it?
>>
>>28106290
And where are they going to ship it to? You going to case a neighborhood, send the package to a vacant address, then pick it up? That's what criminals do.
Or you could just go to a store.
>>
>>28106292

I bought mine from a local gunstore and had the barrel cut down and polished (though still within ATF standards).
>>
>>28106311
it was just a question for curiosity reasons. this isnt for criminal activity. how much cheaper is it to buy the parts separate? and would i have t order it through the store or are the parts in stock for a general gun store?
>>
>>28106299
Well I lean it right by me and my fuckin retarded cat likes to Jump around when I'm sleeping so I have a irrational fear that the stupid pussy will knock it over and it'll discharge
>>
>>28106320
It's not cheaper. People do it for customization / special snowflake fun.
>>
>>28106299
The safety issue is that if literally anything was to knock the gun down, it very well may discharge and kill someone. It's so stupidly easy to chamber a round that i would not want to take the chance of some freak accident hurting someone/causing damage.
>>
ok, next is an handgun recommendations. I saw someone say glock but what about the glock being a grenade meme?
>>
>>28106332

As an addendum to this by the way, i'm super paranoid of this because i have had my shotgun i had on a shelf collapse and drop before. Nothing was chambered but it goes to show shit can happen, and it's not worth the risk sometimes.
>>
>>28106365

Glocks are fun an simple, large magazine sizes and easy to use and vary from 9mm, to .380 to 45. 1911's are bigger and have a considerably smaller magazine size (7 rounds) but .45 acp has the stopping power of a linebacker.

There are tons of handguns out there (most of which i am not well versed in) to choose from, but personally, i would pick either a Beretta, Glock, or a Springfield 1911. Any of those pack enough power to destroy anyone that enters your home.
>>
File: 1392819658455.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
1392819658455.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>28106388
>.45 acp has the stopping power of a linebacker
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.