[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glove General - Shooting/Military/General Operating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Mechanix.jpg (57 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Mechanix.jpg
57 KB, 750x750
Hey folks, I'm being conscripted in two weeks, and I got fucked with cold season basic training.
I'm most probably going to Infantry, possibly Combat Eng. afterwards.

What are Your recommendations/favourites?

Should I buy cold weather specific, or year round + liners?
Hard Knuckle? Soft? Reinforced?

P.S, they need to be at least somewhat water proof, as I'm going to do advanced training through late winter and we get most of our rain fall in the beginning and the end of winter.

Thanks in advance.
>>
p-pls respond
>>
>>28105892
I wish I knew
I need nice gloves that I can actually use stuff with
>>
>>28105774
>>28105910
Ansell Hawkeyes if you can find them. Damn good gloves.
>>
>>28105774
Get actual winter gloves, a separate pair of work gloves, and then either bug supply for a bunch of nomex pilot gloves to burn through the rest of the time, or sack up for a few disposable pairs of gloves like mechanix.

You will absolutely get all sorts of shit on your everyday gloves that you do not want on your hands or in your ruck. Plan to throw some away.
>>
>>28105915
Damn McNig isn't it past your bedtime?
It's already late as fuck in commiefornia
>>
>>28105774
unless youre from a really shity, broke, slav tier country you should be issued cold weather gear. the US army gave me more cold weather shit than I know what to do with
>>
File: AR.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
AR.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28105931
>commiefornia
What makes you think I live in that shithole?
>>
>>28105958
I'm just using it as a comparison, I know you're a nevada fag
You don't have to remind me of the shithole I call home
>>
File: 1448397023717.gif (3 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1448397023717.gif
3 MB, 360x360
>>28105958
>owning a kkk symbol
>>
>>28105915
>if you can find them
I'm ordering online anyways, outdoors/army supply stores here charge more in premium than what internatinoal shipping costs.

>unless youre from a really shity, broke, slav tier country you should be issued cold weather gear
I'm from Israel.
The gloves they give us are utter shit, usually wool, and when it gets wet you are better off throwing them away.
most people use them only off the clock and just buy their own.

>>28105926
Shit.
I'm kind of on a budget, which is a shame.
So seperate winter/summer pairs you say? plus general work gloves?
>>
anyone here wear ATG gloves or have an opinion on them?
>>
>>28106021
>So seperate winter/summer pairs you say? plus general work gloves?

Absolutely, you will destroy general all-around summer gloves filling hescos or other make-work duties, decent leather work gloves will save your hands, and last a long time.
>>
File: IMAG1112[1].jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1112[1].jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>28106064
Enjoy your melted hands in a fire.
>Flight glove masterrace
>>
File: 1419545623201.jpg (539 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1419545623201.jpg
539 KB, 1536x2048
>>28106068
my job makes me go through a pair of gloves a month

what are these leather work gloves that last a long time?

tits in return
>>
>>28106120
Sounds like you work in a field where you may be tough on whatever it is you use, and I can't speak to that kind of abuse since I don't have experience with being that hard on them day in and out.

I was speaking to the durability of actual work gloves like some husqvarnas verus pilot gloves or mechanix.
>>
>>28106166
Leather is flame-resistant. And therefore acceptable.
>>
>>28106068
>filling hescos or other make-work duties

we don't fill hescos desu, as i said i'm in israel, we don't really have FOBs and the outposts we do have get built by logistics, mostly pillboxes and concrete blocks
the majority of non duty related work adds up to cleaning shitters really, therefor i don't really see a use for anything beyond a durable shooting/duty glove and maybe a liner glove for PT in cold weather
>>
Arc'teryx Venta, loving them.
>>
>>28106064
I use em at work man they're pretty shit. They're usually toast after a 12 hour shift. Just order some good leather work gloves or mechanic gloves
>>
File: 1422996438332.jpg (190 KB, 1205x822) Image search: [Google]
1422996438332.jpg
190 KB, 1205x822
>not wearing cheap Chinese faux-Oakleys like the Slavs do

For gloves that cost less than ten dollars shipped, they're pretty darn good.
>>
get a pair of mechanix like in your pic or oakleys for actual soldiering stuff and a pair of sealskin shooting gloves for cold weather
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.