[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Semi-auto .17 HMR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Savage A17.png (1 MB, 1200x757) Image search: [Google]
Savage A17.png
1 MB, 1200x757
Gun guy at the Sports Authority in my area showed me the Savage A17, same kind of features as the Ruger 10/22 but in .17 hrm

it's neat, but the lack of sights in favor of a rail, and plastic stock aren't my thing
>>
>>28104331
Cool story bro
>>
>>28104380
haven't heard anything about it, figured i'd see what any of you think
>>
monitoring thread

been wanting a .17hmr
>>
Why would you want .17 over .22?
>>
>>28104388
My brother and I are varminters, it's got us interested but we are not certain if either of us want to take the jump on it and buy one for sage rat season in April.
>>
>>28104473
because i cannot still find .22
>>
>>28104331
I nearly bought one of these the other day. .17 is one hell of a round.
>>
>>28104331
>same kind of features as the Ruger 10/22
It's a semi auto rimfire. That's really all it has going for it.
>>
>>28104473
cheap center fire cartridge, might be more available in spots where .22 is still sparse or expensive

fires flat, good for varmints
>>
>>28104493
Wtf where do you live where you can't find .22
>>
>>28104506
>cheap center fire cartridge
No.
>>
>>28104493
You can find 17 but not 22? Where are you?
>>
>>28104524
what's the price per round right now?
I couldn't find it
>>
I like shooting .17hmr more than I like shooting .22
It's more expensive, but I like the crack each shot makes and it just feels more accurate to me.
>>
>>28104517
texas
doesn't exist in any of the cabelas around me
gun shows want $60 for a 550 federal
>>
>>28104567
Walk into cabela's.
Ask employee to order with "ship to home"
Tell him you want free shipping.

Profit.

I work at cabela's we do this shit all the fucking time.
>>
>>28104587
Or do in store pick up
>>
>>28104517
Where the fuck do you live that you've got .22 and no .17?
>>
>>28104622
I can .17 and .22 until my hearts content here in Maine.
>>
.17HMR is cool. Can penetrate Level II and still be fatal. Its like 5.7's child.
>>
Get the 93r17. Don't get the semi.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.