[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lottery Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: pile-of-money-wallpaper.jpg (713 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pile-of-money-wallpaper.jpg
713 KB, 1920x1200
So... let's say hypothetically of course, that I won a large sum of money in a lottery and I have about 100 million to spend just on my hobby; firearms.

What can I buy or create with this money?

What kind of crazy weapons can I acquire?
>>
>>28102820
Shit mane if I had 100mil USD I'd buy some rural land and make my own personal range...THEN buy guns (and maybe a truck and a dirtbike to haul shit around)
>>
>>28102830
Yeah but what kind of guys?

Will I be able to purchase an m134?
>>
>>28102848
*guns
>>
Do it like this:

Don't quit your day job. Invest half in a low risk 401k, make a yearly donation to a charity (or charities) of your choice to ease some of your tax burden.

Pay off any credit debt, get your living situation organized, and give yourself a yearly stipend for payments of rent or mortgage.

After that, then you should only use a small percentage of what you have left over to have fun with.
>>
>>28102830
For $100 million you could buy your own private island, and have it stocked with exotic animals for you to hunt.

From a helicopter.

>>28102940
Think you missed the 0s m8. Caution is great, but there is no fucking way I'd waste another day of the precious few we have on this earth working if I had that much money.
>>
>>28103005
Lower/middle class shlubs who win the lottery tend to let it go to their heads and end up worse off within 5 years of winning.
>>
Fuck buying any guns when you have that kind of money.

I would build a machine shop and hire the best guys in the industry to design and build exactly what I want.
>>
Invest it because I'm not a child.
>>
>>28103053
this

If I had that kind of money I would buy a bunch of land and build a range where people can come and rent guns (like full auto ones and neat ones) and shoot them at actual distances. Id have an army-style pop up range that you could go at with m240's and SAWs, and id use it as a way to get more people into shooting.
>>
>>28102820
1. Hire a lawyer

2. Hire another lawyer to review the first lawyer to make sure he doesn't new you over
>>
>>28103394
This.

I'd buy land like I said in the first post, then fence it in and build a house and a range on it, get a truck and a bike to putz around the land on, then invest as much as I feel comfortable investing in a diverse portfolio...save whatever I don't spend or invest.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 800x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 800x667
Fuck buying guns.

We Confederate Air Force now.
>>
>>28103005
Yes, but he says give yourself a stipend. At 1% stipend per year, that still gives you something like 99 years of 1 million/year stipend.
>>
>>28103585
or just invest in something safe that gives something like 4-6% a year (easy) and enjoy 4-6m a year without ever touching the principle.
>>
>>28103593
taxes makes that 2-3million.
>>
>>28103593
you missed the part about low risk 401k.

This is all without getting into setting up trusts, your estate, and your will.
>>
I would invent a fecal-matter powered firearm

I'd call it the Poopshoot

I'd sell it to ISIS
>>
>>28103628
And if you couldnt live super comfortably off 2-3m a year with 0 fucking effort i dont know what to tell you. Fuck, I only spend like 50k a year on living and i feel comfortable as fuck
>>
I would buy a lot of land somewhere in Montana, Wyoming or Alaska. So I could have a rifle range 2 miles deep and have the house deep innawoods.

Then I would just buy old milsurp firearms and any other firearms of mechanical novelty. Set up a full machine shop. That could hot blue or parkerize. Restore the firearms and when I'm not restoring firearm. I would just fabricate ammo for the unavailable calibers.

Using a LLC, I would get various FFLs. Then sell some of my hand made ammo at a local gun show and the internet. Selling it at cost, because I'm already a fucking millionaire.
>>
>>28103649
Poo in the Loo, Rahjesh. Not Poo in the Luger.
>>
>>28102820
1. build ammo factories.

2. sell ammo to the masses at production cost (including labor).

3. piss off gun control asshats.
>>
File: bulldogs tight.jpg (186 KB, 450x318) Image search: [Google]
bulldogs tight.jpg
186 KB, 450x318
>>28102820
Well, you'd have to be judicious, of course. What, after taking the cash prize (the financially prudent choice) and promptly investing the majority of it in compound interest bearing index funds, you'd find that 100mil is starkly less than you thought; especially depending on state income tax.

Now that being said, some ridiculous guns are even beyond the uber-rich's practical reach. There are less than a dozen miniguns in circulation, for example, and ammo ranges from $0.20-$1 per round. With 100 round/sec firing rates, wearable parts will require constant, unavailable, made from scratch replacements. Good luck making that a weekly range toy!

Which is, of course, why you need picrelated in .45-70. http://www.colt.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx
>>
>>28103639
Screw the 401ks. It's all about unmanaged index funds, man. Best investments ever.
>>
>>28102820
Invest very safely, then start a firearms company that makes crazy shit and functioning replicas of famous firearms.

With 100mil you can afford to license all the likenesses of the Halo guns and that Pulse Rifle from Alien.

Also new production AS Vals in the US.
>>
>>28103748
/biz/ plz.
>>
>>28103726
What you do for the mini-gun is setup a corporation to make and refurbish them for the military. Then you have engineers and penty of spare parts to run your personal one. When ammo becomes expensive you start reloading and design your own prgressive press. Since it wrks so well you might as well produce those under a seperate company and start selling them.
>>
>>28102848
Last m134 I saw for sale cost 50k.

Perfectly possible. The real cost is getting the thing to work, and logistically supplying it with ammo and electricity.
>>
You buy everyone on the se/k/ret Santa list a spam can.
>>
>>28103726
You would still have like like 40-50 million after taxes on lump sum.

Throw a some money at particular stocks in million dollar increments. Something like VW or Chipotle. Where the stock has taken a hit because of a scandal. The stocks will go back up eventually.

Also throw 2-3 million into bonds of other countries like New Zealand, Canada, and Japan. That will get instant resident alien(green card in america) status, even citizenship if you want.

Your compound interest fund idea isn't bad. I would also buy into a Private Equity Firm. Those fucking vultures always make money for the high roller members.

Always set aside 5-10 million in something absolutely safe, like Switzerland. As your back up fund. In case you run out of money and everything has gone to crap. You sell off all your assets, minus the guns of course. Get all the creditors off your back. Then you with draw your emergency fund and live a quiet middle class NEET life for the rest of your life.
>>
>create firearms company with tooling, warehouse, workers
>create whatever the fuck you want
>laser rifles
>belt fed automatic shotguns
>resurrect the G11
>>
>>28103802
You still have to do some business of the ATF will pull your FFLs.

They thought ahead on that. Otherwise everyone with money would just get a FFL and a lawyer. Completely bypassing gun control laws.
>>
>>28102940
this!
>>
>>28102820
>spending 100 million on guns

Fucking dumb. Buy land.
>>
>>28102820
>100mil
>small arms
Step up nigger. It's time to buy a yard full of Pattons and BTR-70/80's.
>>
File: wealthyassmofo.jpg (402 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
wealthyassmofo.jpg
402 KB, 660x440
>>28102940
That's the pleb way of doing it. Working? Hah. That's for losers.
>Create your own charity foundation, as an LLC in a corporation friendly state
>Make yourself the sole stakeholder, with provisions for your heirs to take it over someday i.e. pay some decent lawyers to create some tight governing documents, and hire some accountants to manage it all (this would be step one actually, but whatevs)
>"Donate" most of the cash to the LLC.
>One time tax hit
>Corporation invests in stocks
>Corporation invests in real estate
>Money rolls in?
>Donate appreciated shares to actual charitable organizations to offset capital gains taxes, i.e. you keep 85%, for letting the money do work FOR YOU.
>Support your buddies at NRA, SAF, EFF or wherever else with said shares
>Maybe start a PAC, donate said shares to it, and start buying congress members as a hobby
>Lose money on the market? Oh well. That's also deductible.
>Pay yourself to oversee your own wealth management, and generally do whatever the fuck you want to do, most of which could be made tax deductible if you're halfway creative.
>Winning
>>
>>28102820
Track down the guy that bought the minigun used in Terminator 2 (a registered NFA item) and purchase it. Use this to create a technical with one of the wacky trucks from Mad Max. Finish the ensemble off with a bobblehead crafted from the ground up bones of Charlton Heston and Charles Bronson.

Begin the reconquest of America by sacking San Francisco.
>>
>>28102820
Buy a tank you meme
>http://www.armslist.com/posts/4616205/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-nfa-firearms-for-sale--fully-operational-main-battle-tank-with-120mm-live-cannon
>>
>>28102940
What's to stop me from cashing it and hiding it from the IRS?

srs question pls no bully
>>
>>28103855
he never said 100M was the total amount won, just an amount. If you won say, 3B why not spend on 100M on something that tends to go up in value. plus, a range would qualify as money spent on the hobby.

But thats not the fucking point of the thread.

>>28102820
I'd move to a small town. set up a firearms company. build all the crazy shit /k/ comes up with. hire /k/ to be the police and let them shoot all the crazy shit they came up with.
>>
File: 1390319863295.jpg (94 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
1390319863295.jpg
94 KB, 685x600
>>28105025

Shit, so that's where that ended up. That photo was taken in a facility in Portola Valley last year. I had the privilege of touring it after Littlefield died. Beautiful piece of property- dozens of tanks and other vehicles from WW2, Vietnam, Desert Storm. And a whole lot had been sold by the time I got there. Damn shame I didn't get to see the whole set. Once I sober up, if the thread is still up I'll see about posting any photos I have...
>>
>>28105054
Not him but cash looses value every year. something properly invested tends to increase in value every year after taxes. And spending 100 Million with out the government finding out would be pretty hard so would most likely end up getting audited.
>>
>>28103836

>implying there isn't a market for all of that
>>
>>28105140
I always imagine if I owned one I'd park it in the driveway to spite the homeowners association. There's no restriction against tanks now is there!
>>
>>28102820
What would Cage do, in that lord of war movie?
>>
>>28103779
Maybe a dealer sample.

The pre 86 transferables are around 250k and more than that for ones that have been updated by Dillon
>>
I would invest in realestate.

Buying rental properties.

I would buy land in nevada.
Build my dream range, runway, hanger, and house.

Buy a used Cessna Caravan EX

Gun wise i would buy a few nfa toys. But not many.

The rest would be invested, and i would live off my rental income.
>>
>Invest money. 4% per year of 100millions = 4 million dollars per year, a lot of money
>Buy land
>Build a range, build a house planned to be very hard to invade and with lots of security systems, build a very protected room to store my stuff, with temperature and humidity control
>Buy every gun I ever wanted
>Buy lots of ammo
>Buy old guns and military vehicles to make a collection, donate some of them to collections that already exist at display
>Use money to create a small local journal, use it to spread my agenda
>Use money to fund local politicians that follow a pro-gun agenda
>Use money to fund local competitions
>Create a gun range, get someone with experience in guns to work there, create free gun classes, allowing first time shooters to have beginner gun handling classes at my expense, ammo price included
>Create a paintball range in town. Charge low prices
>>
>>28107453
Asp is over there
>>
>>28102848
Assuming one ever comes on the market, they run around the $300000 mark. You could also buy a tank with a working gun.
>>
>>28102820
Shit. If i had 100 mil i wouldnt have to actually work for the rest of my life. Id go back to my old job of selling guns (got a new one cause selling guns doesnt pay the bills) Finish school, maybe even go get my CNC/Machinists cert. Gunsmithing school. Open my own gun shop that has a more chill vibe (like couches and a fountain coke machine and shit, maybe have like pizza or some shit delivered) and just try to make it a general pleasant experience for first time buyers and veteran buyers alike. My family wouldnt have to work for the rest of their lives, shit some of my friends wouldnt have to work for the rest of their lives. buy some land, build a house, invest etc.

Shit would be cash.
>>
>>28107544
As someone who used to paintball alot when i was fresh outta highschool, the paintball idea is actually a pretty good idea. They make a decent profit, and if you charge at low prices (most do so for rental guns, facemasks etc, paintballs is where they fuck you.) Youd have a lot of people coming, especially if you live in a decently sized area.
>>
OP should really give jobs to /k/
>>
>>28103748
Bitch please. You're forgetting the most important part.

Get some of that shit into a Roth IRA before you start investing in index funds. Can't do shit until retirement, but the tax-free returns will be so, so Gucci.
>>
Buy keltec.
Get them to unfuck their QC and expand facilities to increase production by 1000%.

Be the hero we deserve.
>>
>>28103649
>not the crap shoot
>not selling it to India
>>
>>28107736
I remember one just outside Yadkin gate at Ft Bragg. They got fuck-all business during the week outside of units training there but they stayed packed on the weekends.
>>
You win $100 Million and Half goes to Taxes....

With $50 Million... You should RENT a number of awesome weapon systems.

Buy a rural piece of land and have at it.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.