[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else here have a P99AS I picked up a P99 from a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: p99as.jpg (42 KB, 505x379) Image search: [Google]
p99as.jpg
42 KB, 505x379
Does anybody else here have a P99AS

I picked up a P99 from a local pawnshop for cheap and I went shooting today but I'm not sure if the gun is damaged or if its like that.

The trigger retainer pin wobbles a little bit from left to right is that normal?

And while shooting on DA I kinda feel the trigger touching the frame a little bit is that normal too?
>>
>>28102227
Only ever had an airshit p99 when I was a kid, so I can't really help you unfortunately. How much did you pay for it?
>>
>>28102227
I have one, and I just took it apart to check. Everything feels pretty sturdy; the only thing is a very slight wobble from the trigger. I have had mine for about 3 months and I bought it new.
>>
>>28102227
Boss? What are you doing here?
>>
>>28103632
well mine is fucked them, I guess it won a trip to the warranty dept.

After all I must say it didn't had any FTF or FTE, very accurate and good trigger. But pins sucks
>>
>>28104130
I like mine a lot. I put about a thousand rounds through it and had maybe 2 FTE in the first 100 rounds. It hasn't happened to me since the first day I shot it.
>>
>>28102227
I have a P99c, which uses the same trigger system. Mine has very slight lateral trigger wobble, I haven't notices or cared before. The trigger also touches the frame after the break.

>>28104130
I don't know what you expect them to do.
>>
>>28103702
I'm defecting to the Soviet Union, Jack. You can't come with me
>>
File: sweet glocks.jpg (660 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
sweet glocks.jpg
660 KB, 1600x1067
>>28102227
What do you mean the trigger pin wobbles? The pin itself should be very tight in the frame. The trigger shoe however can wobble a small amount because of how the trigger safety works; the shoe floats until it's pivoted against the trigger body.

When pulling in DA mode your finger is able to influence the trigger laterally, you could be forcing it into the side of the frame without realizing it. I highly recommend NOT experimenting with this, as the most common issue with P99s is the trigger bar slipping off the sear due to this lateral pressure at the trigger. That's not to say it's a common issue, it is extremely rare, but the P99 is otherwise mechanically flawless (well, the P99 Titaniums were known to develop spots...). I had a Magnum Research MR9 that would reset to DA mode if the trigger was jiggled a certain way under pressure, while charged. It got much much worse when I started purposefully pushing it off center and monkeying around with it to reproduce the defect. Magnum Research repaired it free of charge and I haven't forcibly induced the issue again, nor has it shown up on its own.

What state are you in?
>>
>>28104916
> I highly recommend NOT experimenting with this, as the most common issue with P99s is the trigger bar slipping off the sear due to this lateral pressure at the trigger.
>I had a Magnum Research MR9 that would reset to DA mode if the trigger was jiggled a certain way under pressure, while charged.

I think I've seen this happen to TP9s at my range. It's really noticeable when this happens on the SA version since you're suddenly stuck holding an inert brick. It's a shame, because they're really fun to shoot but this problem seems to crop up a lot.
>>
>>28105228
I imagine the sloppy tolerances of Turkish manufacture would significantly increase the likelihood of this malfunction.
>>
>>28104916
I mean the pin that locks the trigger into the frame. On top of the trigger part #26. That thing goes right and left easily.

Not tight in any way. I can push it out with a pen without too much pressure
>>
>>28105697
That pin should not be loose at all, it's captured by a detent and requires a fairly hard blow with a small hammer and a punch to dislodge it. It certainly should not pop out of the detent with a pen.

Contact Walther for service and describe both the trigger wobble and pin looseness, hopefully they cover shipping.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.