[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with one of these? Looks like it kicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone have experience with one of these? Looks like it kicks the shit out of the sig braces, but all i can find on the internet is literally some neckless kak employee
>>
>>28100303
why is it so fucking square?
>>
File: 20150413_185342_1_zpsftj77w4a.jpg (150 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
20150413_185342_1_zpsftj77w4a.jpg
150 KB, 800x450
>>28100317
I don't fucking know, maybe the ATF says rounded corners make it a buttstock. Or maybe they're afraid of an apple lawsuit. KAK shockwave brace btw
>>
>>28100303
no personal experience but everyone that Ive talked to that have used both the sig brace and the shockwave (4 opinions total) have nothing bad to say about the shockwave, basically it is whatever you think looks better. Especially if you want to but the side saddle on it (although supposedly a legal grey area, I wouldnt worry about it too much though)
>>
>>28100343
I think the guys that made it have never heard of g02 or g03.
>>
File: KAK-Blade-Vs-SB15-2.jpg (82 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
KAK-Blade-Vs-SB15-2.jpg
82 KB, 620x349
>>28100362
ye but does it actually stay in place with their buffer tube?
>>
How is it better than a sig brace? Sig brace has more surface area than that so it won't stab into your shoulder, that just looks sharp and uncomfortable
>>
>>28101531
But but but... You can't shoulder it!
>>
File: Isaidbladefightnotknife.jpg (651 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Isaidbladefightnotknife.jpg
651 KB, 2048x1152
>>28100408
Mine has stayed in place perfectly.
My bank account and I are very glad I chose it over the sig brace.
>>
Do you need a tax stamp for one of these?
>>
>>28101531
Not that anyone would ever actually shoulder it, but hypothetically if you did it would be a lot more stable and solid. It is also pretty thick and 5.56 does not have enough recoil to matter anyways.
>>
>>28101723
This!
>>
>>28101889
No.
It is an "arm brace" just like the sig brace not a shoulder stock.
>>
>>28100362
>>28100408
>>28101531
I have one but I don't have the buffer tube to go with it, bought the brace as an afterthought. I personally prefer it to the sig brace, not only is it much cheaper but the hard plastic feels a lot better than the rubber of the sig, although I've always hated rubber buttpads. It is very thin yes but I don't think it feels uncomfortable and there is definitely enough there to perform well as a stock.

However, the screw that holds onto the buffer tube will scratch the everloving fuck out of it and likes to come lose. I'd imagine this is less of a problem if you use the kak tube but I can't give first hand experience on that.
>>
>>28101903
So I can get a 10.5" barrel AR, slap that thing on there, and it's still considered a pistol as far as BATFE is concerned?
>>
>>28101905
Stays put with the KAK tube.

Do put a fab of loc tite on the screw though. If not it will work its way out and get a little wiggly after a few hundred rounds. It still didn't lose its position, just got a little lose.
>>
>>28101932
Yes

...or "firearm" depending on length. Mine is a little over 26"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.