[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cluster munitions are genius. You want to break your enemy's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 363x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 363x242
Cluster munitions are genius. You want to break your enemy's spirit? Drop hundreds of them over a town. Watch their dumbfuck kids pick them up and carry them back into town.
>>
Read up on the Geneva Conventions, the fourth convention prevents non combatants & non war essential buildings from being destroyed / harmed. read up on this stuff before posting edgelord tier threads.
>>
>>28100115
I somehow doubt all the Play Nice rules will hold steady in an actual large scale war.
>>
>>28100115
Lol

>Geneva convention

That shit is for liberal faggots

It's even from a eurokek city for fucks sake
>>
>>28100136
Yet they do, surprising huh
>>
>>28100136
I somehow doubt that our nation has the stomach to fight a full scale war.

The world wars were at a time when "liberal" meant what "conservative but thinks black people should vote" would mean today.
>>
>>28100149
Sure they do, kid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CQpxNA-uku4
>>
>>28100136
They do moreso than in low-intensity conflicts baka senpai
>>
>>28100176
I dunno, a lot of people in this generation are getting over the keking of previous generations and want to start turning shit around
>>
File: 1440769215386.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1440769215386.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>28100144
dull that edge there buddy.
if you take the time to do a quick search and look at the wikipedia for the geneva conventions , you'd see that most countries abide by them. Including America , which abides by all four conventions
1: Wounded Soldier Amelioration
2:wounded , sick and shipwrecked sailors amelioration
3:Treatment of prisoners of war
4:protection of civilians in time of war
and the three protocols
1:protection of international armed conflicts victims
2:protection of non international armed conflicts
3:adoption of additional distinctive emblem
>>
>>28100193
And where does the Geneva Convention say anything about cluster munitions?
>>
File: PFM-1_+_Abwurfbox.jpg (138 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
PFM-1_+_Abwurfbox.jpg
138 KB, 1152x864
on a related note, anyone know where i could buy an inert green parrot in the states?
>>
>>28100232
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Cluster_Munitions
>"The Convention on Cluster Munitions (CCM) is an international treaty that prohibits the use, transfer and stockpile of cluster bombs, a type of explosive weapon which scatters submunitions ("bomblets") over an area."

I guess Russia doesn't give a fuck or that isn't an actual cluster bomb
>>
>>28100250
cluster keks are blue and purple.
notice any glaring absences?
>>
>>28100115
Does this include doctors w/o borders hospitals?
>>
>>28100250
Russia isn't part of it you retard.
>>
>>28100274
yeah , Russia isn't on it.
what do I win?
>>
>>28100250
>And where does the Geneva Convention say anything about cluster munitions?

>Posts a convention that isn't the Geneva Convention
>Posts a convention that Russia isn't even part of

Jesus fucking Christ /k/ get your shit together
>>
>>28100290
I clearly said "I guess Russia doesn't give a fuck" as in they're not one of the countries that condemns cluster munitions
>>
>>28100294
a lesson that russia gives no fucks, nor for that matter does the us or china.

while i learned that our free expression is word filtered again.
>>
>>28100274
>The US, Russia, and China aren't on it
Just another reason that war would be fun.
>>
>>28100325
Yeah the word filter is pretty retarded. Nipmoot shouldn't have done that.
>>
>>28100307
Of course that's what you meant, what a cute backpedal
>>
>>28100294
look more
>>
>>28100342
Yes he should, it's hilarious how assravaged you get when you can't throw those sick memes around
>>
File: sprengbombe-dickwandig-2kg-sd2.jpg (50 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
sprengbombe-dickwandig-2kg-sd2.jpg
50 KB, 400x500
so, favorite submunition?

the dickwandings are pretty classic, but there are also some nice offerings in the BDU family
>>
>>28100274

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e_YBgh9O48
>>
>>28100342
The baka senpai is pretty great, kek is ok, and desu really i don't see the point of given it's a common abbreviation and not really overused or annoying
>>
>>28099283
*Tips Ferdora*
>>
>>28100206
A lot of people are going online SAYING they want shit turned around.
Half our nation doesnt even vote.
When I was working security for the afghan election 75% of those smelly little sand monkeys voted, AFTER the taliban started beheading people.

Talk is cheap, facebook and blog posts are cheaper, the problem isnt that the intent isnt there, its that nobody is putting thier money where their mouth is except the extremists from both sides of the polarity.
And the only difference between left and right anymore is the excuses used to run others lives.
>>
Churchill thought it would be cute to bomb Hamburg intentionally firebombing homes and killing 40,000. Civilians and bystanders were free game from that point of the war.
>>
File: europe used to be good.jpg (469 KB, 1200x1693) Image search: [Google]
europe used to be good.jpg
469 KB, 1200x1693
>>28100274
>eurokeks
>places that are too poor to afford that shit anyway

Western Eurofags btfo again

Why did you lose all your balls after WWII?
>>
>>28100411
Funny how when Hitler does it it's fine but when any allied nation does it it's a terrible war crime
>>
>>28100274
>Brazil isn't on it
Feels good man, wish we still had our arms industry tho
>>
>>28100375
But memes should be allowed to live their lives and die a natural death. Now they're just cyborg memes. They're part meme, part filter. Their life has been artificially fucking with.
>>
>>28100438
>when Hitler does it it's fine
What the fuck planet did you come from? Virtually everything Hitler did is considered to be the worst thing in history by the public at large. Even relatively innocuous things. The point is that the allies weren't as blameless as they tried to make themselves seem.
>>
File: m692_m731_adam_usafas.jpg (104 KB, 830x601) Image search: [Google]
m692_m731_adam_usafas.jpg
104 KB, 830x601
>>28100411
war is hell, you think when the nukes start flying they're only going to hit bases?
>>
>>28100438
You just can't help yourself, who said I support nazi bullshit? It was even noted that the luftwaffe strayed off course and accidentally bombed some London civilian homes while aiming for RAF targets during the blitz bombings. More people died in Hamburg than all the luftwaffe campaigns up until that point.
>>
>>28100411
The bombing of cities was a tremendous strategic mistake for both sides during the war. Focusing on critical industrial bottlenecks like ports, oil refineries, and ball bearing/engine factories with unique equipment would have been a much better strategic move.

Speer was the only one to put together a comprehensive plan for this, but Goering was a tremendous faggot as usual and refused to listen to him.

The Americans got it right by accident when bombing Ploesti, and managed to disable some engine and ball bearing production by luck.
>>
>>28100472
I bet he would have never launched V1's of V2's against London (even though they were to late to rank up the kills they were capable of) if Hamburg hadn't happened.
>>
>>28100487
So it's all okay then. So tell me why every war since WW1 the civilian deaths go up exponentially? And what the fuck do nukes have to do with anything, they are clearly not a real strategy and both the attacker and the target will surely be annihilated by one another or another nuke power allied with them.

Let me guess you also believe firebombing Tokyo and interning Japanese AMERICANS was a perfectly reasonable then to do?
>>
>>28100495
>It was even noted that the luftwaffe strayed off course and accidentally bombed some London civilian homes

The funny thing is, even though this is not true in the slightest, it's not even justifiable if it was true.
>>
>>28100495
>It was even noted that the luftwaffe strayed off course and accidentally bombed some London civilian homes while aiming for RAF targets during the blitz bombings.

There is no way you can seriously believe this. The Blitz was a dedicated campaign against civilian morale.
>>
File: 1zco7qx.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1zco7qx.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>28100115
>Geneva Convention
>No guys war seriously has rules stop it an kill each other politely!
>Hey! You over there! Is that knife serrated!? Take those edges out before you cut that guy's head off!
>BULLET CHECK- no fucking with the pointy end, wouldn't want to hurt someone we shot now would we?
>>
I love cluster bombs.
>>
File: IMG_20150925_122508.jpg (112 KB, 539x402) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150925_122508.jpg
112 KB, 539x402
>>28100433
>mfw that picture
>>
>>28100521
>I bet those people who had bombed civilians from the first day of the war wouldn't bomb civilians

Are you serious
>>
>>28100567
Firebombing Tokyo was a reasonable thing to do.

It's only in the decadent, spoiled age that we live in that Americans would seriously ask why their government put their lives ahead of people who attacked them.
>>
>>28100584
Morale and WASTING bombs on civilians instead of the fucking RAF airstrips are two totally different things.
>>
>>28100278
Underrated post.
>>
>>28100567
because technology changes, you would prefer that real men fought with swords i'm sure. it's not ok, but it can't be changed. the firebombing was the internment wasn't.
>>
>>28100574
Again fuckwit I'm not defending nazis, if they had wanted to drop those bombs on civilians instead of RAF and industry they would've killed alot more people than they did.
>>
>>28100590
you're not very smart
>>
>>28100601
Holy shit you are a mongoloid, and I sure hope you aren't American because I don't want to be a shared victim of what ever cosmic retribution you've got coming your way. And by they way you also just justified the Nazis and imperial Japanese.
>>
>>28100632
No, they tried to kill as many civilians as they could, the British just had a robust shelter system and the Germans has bombers with much smaller capacities than the British and Americans.
>>
>>28100601
Pretty much this.

We should have simply finished the job and resettled Japan with whites after the war.
>>
>>28100623
So with the invention venerable predator drone we ought to expect more civilian deaths than with the widespread use of mustard gas, artillery and strategic bombing campaigns. Go ahead and look at just how exponential those numbers are, there are plenty of sources out there.
>>
>>28100115

>Geneva Conventions, the fourth convention prevents
>prevents

Care to tell me how does a piece of paper prevent me from dropping a bomb on a hospital?
>>
>>28100672
The job of a government is to protect the people living in that country.

The United States didn't start the war, and they didn't want it. But once you put someone in that situation, they have the right to do whatever is necessary to protect themselves, and that includes removing your country as a threat.

If you don't like that, don't start wars. It's that easy.

And seriously, I must emphasize that it is a very, very recent development that we felt safe and secure enough to criticize ourselves for valuing our own lives. That kind of suicidal behavior simply couldn't exist in a time like the 1940s.
>>
>>28100468
It's gonna be a new meme. All the newfags will think there is no filter and will instead think that everyone types desu, senpai, keked, and the other one on purpose
>>
>>28100590
Both of those things are not part of the Geneva conventions.
>>
>>28100713
If you do, the other guy will bomb your hospitals, and kill your POWs.

You see, there's nothing stopping the other side from doing to you what you do to them.

That's why the laws of war exist. To prevent both sides from unnecessarily increasing the damage inflicted by the war.
>>
>>28100683
[CITATION NEEDED]

Show me one scrap of OFFICAL nazi doctrine that proves "they tried to kill as many civilians as they could". You comment about bombers is bullshit, they planned and offensively carried out the bombing of London if they wanted to drop more bombs they could've built more bombers before they started.
>>
>>28100744
Show one official allied document saying that the allies tried to kill as many civilians as they could.
Hard mode: No soviet docuents
>>
>>28100731

The list of wars where those rules have been followed appears to be pretty short.
>>
>>28100731
Who is this "other guy" that gains air superiority and can bomb American hospitals with impunity?

And POWs tend not be killed because they can be traded, not because of some bullshit piece of paper signed by feel good liberals
>>
>>28100717
What is all this we shit? You have a seriously malignant ego talking like you're some wise 80 year old or something. And it's funny how you presume to know what every person in government thinks their "job" it. Seems like Hitler thought it was his job to build a 1000 year reich to restore Germany to it's former glory and beyond. And Hirohito thought it was his job to attack China and rape Nanjing to expand his empire for his people. Using you logic I could justify Bolsheviks murdering 100 million Russians.
>>
>>28100744
>if they wanted to drop more bombs they could've built more bombers before they started.

No, they never made a successful heavy bomber and it was one of their greatest shortcomings during the Blitz.
>>
>>28100731
>If you do, the other guy will bomb your hospitals, and kill your POWs.
So the rules don't actually prevent anything then. There's a billion examples of various conventions being violated. Usually this is done either by the force that has a massive advantage (so they know that retaliation is unlikely) or by the force that is losing and starts fighting tooth and nail.
>>
>>28100744
Bombing a million homes and leaving the UK's industrial base intact isn't proof enough for you?
>>
>>28100115
>2015
>geneva conventions
>relevant
>>
>>28100744
> they could've built more bombers before they started.

You honestly think it's that simple? Jesus Christ
>>
>>28100796
>And POWs tend not be killed because they can be traded, not because of some bullshit piece of paper signed by feel good liberals

No, they tend to not be killed because 1) It's illegal and 2) It's psychotic to start murdering prisoners, Edgemaster Flash.
>>
>>28100790
They don't have to hold up 100% to be useful, and worth keeping in mind.

Like, even during WW2, America and Germany didn't generally kill each other's POWs.

>>28100814
>defending your country is the same thing as attacking other countries

It's a sickness.

It's a moral degeneration, a complete disintegration of the ethics and reason that make our society possible.

It'd make me sick, but then I remember I'm on 4chan, and there was a loli thread last night that stayed up on here for like 12 hours.

But still, that's some sick, disgusting shit.
>>
>>28100783
What does that have to do with anything? So you counter all question with questions? My stance is that the allies were in many ways as bad as anyone else involved in that war. The main historical difference being that they won it.
>>
>>28100115
The US straight up bombed a hospital. Don't act like the GC means anything anymore.
>>
>>28100863
The point is that there are no official documents saying "MURDER THE CIVILIANS!" because that would be fucking retarded. The fact of the matter is that they sent bombers to preform bombing runs over civilian areas on man occasions. There is no reason to believe that they wished to avoid civilian casualties.
>>
>>28100590
The idea of a convention is just 'Hey faggots, if you promise not to torture our guys, we promise not to torture yours."

Anyone that doesn't want their dudes tortured will typically agree to that. Don't want your boys getting gassed or blinded for life over a border change because you don't feel like supporting 30,000 blind veterans for the next 60 years? Suggest that you won't gas or go around blinding their boys if they promise to do the same to you.

It works fine until someone gets desperate.
>>
>>28100860
What

Is

Your

Major

Malfunction?

Are you confused that greentext is EXACTLY what you're trying to say. It's just that you don't like that your slippery slope is also the same one that the likes of Mao preached.
>>
>>28100868
You'd have a point if the US purposefully targeted hospitals but the Kunduz bombing was neglect, not malicious intent.
>>
>>28100925
Well, I'm trying to say something along the lines of "you're a sick fuck" and "I bet you're the kind of person that would fuck a man in the ass and not even have the common god damned courtesy to give him a reach-around afterwards."

Because seriously, this shit isn't normal. It isn't normal to be a member of a society and think "you know all of those things that help people and have personally made my life much better, fuck that."

And firebombing the shit out of the Japanese was a major part of that. The Emperor himself joined the peace faction after seeing what had happened to Tokyo. It saved millions of lives.

You are a deranged human being, and I can only hope that you never manage to harm another person by putting your views into practice.
>>
>>28100900
This is getting so muddled, they fucking all did it. I am personally unable to justify murdering innocents, civilians, non-combatants I could give a fuck what some edgemaster argues. I never will be able to nor will I sign my consent to any regime to do it no matter how good they are perceived by the general public to be.
>>
>>28100966
Are you this drunk already? So it's sick to think "defending your country is the same thing as attacking other countries" but it's okay to murder 100's of thousands if it demoralizes the enemy or as you say ("saves millions of lives")?

So let me get this straight you've admitted to having a god complex (claiming to know the future) yet I'm the sick one?

I'll only kill to defend my or my family's life and only as a last resort. But you'll kill as a preemptive stratify (and claim you did so to save future lives as if to imply omnipotence required to know such a future fact) correct?
>>
>>28100250
>>28100274
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: japan3.jpg (248 KB, 473x600) Image search: [Google]
japan3.jpg
248 KB, 473x600
>>28101050
Yes. Yes it is. Every Purple Heart passed out since 1945 was made for the invasion of Japan. Made for men who lived.

You may shut the fuck up now.
>>
>>28100938
>Making mistakes is okay, but intentionally doing it is wrong.
>Makes a shit load of mistakes.
>>
>>28101129
How haven't I filtered you yet, thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>28100567
>Civillian deaths go up exponentially...

You are a massive faggot who either can't be assed to look up real facts before revealing it's stupidity online, or are so thoroughly indoctrinated that those facts are now irrelevant in your world.
>>
>>28100460
What's the point if we're still recycling everything from old ass FALs?
It would be neat to remove favela with clusters tho.
>>
>>28101149
No, making mistakes isn't okay either.
>>
>>28101198
I'm not linking the individual sources fuckwit, but the Wiki page on civilian casualties is FULLY cited on the numbers, read it from them not the wiki. Go ahead back up the shit you're spewing.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB6.1A.GIF

https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/user/1044/Survival_Jun-Jul_2010_-_AR_on_lives___statistics_-_non-printable.pdf
( this proves the ratios have gone UP since WW1)

http://www.virtual.vietnam.ttu.edu/virtualarchive/items.php?item=2322414020

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/analysis/numbers/ten-years/
>>
Can I ask here what is a good gun for someone looking to get into shooting for the first time? I don't think it warrants its own thread and I couldn't find one. M1911 variant or Ruger SR22 maybe?
>>
>>28101340
Look for one of these next time
>>28082829
QTDDTOT = questions that don't deserve their own threads

I don't even own any guns either that's all I can do
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.