[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARX-160
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (597 KB, 2250x1450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
597 KB, 2250x1450
You'd think that with almost 500 years of experience, Beretta would consistently put out good, new stuff. They don't.
>>
>>28098939
beretta loves to pump out big hunks of plastic shit, if it wasnt for them owning tikka they wouldnt have a single firearm design worth a damn.
>>
>>28099124
Confirmed retard
>>
>>28098939
What the fuck is intside of it that makes it so big and bulky?

Or is it just stupidly thick plastic?
>>
How would you know, you never shot one.

>OP will never prove me wrong
>>
>>28098939
Nothing is wrong with the gun either than the somewhere through a source I cantfind say the gun loses accuracy in Sub zero conditions. That and as you can see the gun is a bit cluncky especially with the undermounted grenade launcher attached. It is really a step up in firearm design and you're stupid to not think so
>>
yeah i mean the beretta 92 sure is terrible

/sarcasm
>>
>>28099214
Well, I'm referring to the ARX-160, not the Beretta 92.
>>
>>28099201
what is 'stepped up' about ti?
>>
>>28099233
despite its silly appearance the ARX actually has a lot of really nice features.. a little pricey for me otherwise i'd get one
>>
>>28099265
Big, bulky, and heavy.

Clearly, a big step up.
>>
>>28099299
aha, yea I agree its stepped up
>>
>>28098939
>500 year experience

Except that's impossible. The good engineers that made them known are now dead. A monkey could be in charge pumping out crap products and some will buy it because of the name, which is the case a lot of the time.

Companies that currently lead the market in innovation:
>FNH
>desert tech
>IWI (no shill, they only put out one good thing but its a huge improvement over everyone pumping out the same AR)
>kel tec (innovative yet lacking in quality)
>ruger and s&w to some degree, though again they're American tier quality
>>
>>28098939
I think the ARX-100 is what you want to discuss...

the 160 is a .22
>>
>>28099358
Eh, I think the Tavor is just another AR-18 derived bullpup.

That isn't to say it's bad, but it's not a huge innovation.
>>
>>28099390
Still ages ahead of what's proliferating our market currently, which is essentially the same old stuff from the 80s
>>
>>28099390
I honestly think the Tavor is one of my favorite bull pups. The Galilnis also one of my favorite rifles overall. Them Jews sure do make some damn good weaponry.
>>
>>28099358
Yeah, but I mean, if they've been in business for that long, wouldn't you expect some quality products?
>>
>>28099265
The barrel changing feature, the ambidextrous switching, very important for a rifle that is meant to serve a nations military
>>
>>28099826
The ability to pick which sides casing eject out of, charging handles and magazine catches also
>>
>>28099382
>too stupid to even Google search before spouting bullshit
The ARX-100 is the semi auto only ARX-160, they both have interchangeable calibers. That's their entire gimmick you donut
>>
>>28098939
>hey guys, this gun that I've never shot and by all accounts is perfectly serviceable looks a bit clunky
>must be a hunk of shit am I right!!?
>.....please validate my existance....please
>>
File: 1390888144829.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1390888144829.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>28099299
>>
>tiny charging handle, no way to pull it without scraping the brass deflector
>Can't swap the grip
>Can't swap the stock
>no dust cover
>charging handle reciprocates
>stock folds to the right, obstructing the selector and the ejection port
>disgusting plastic body

These are all significant minuses. The 160 is a complete disaster.

The only argument that 160 fags have in favor of this gun is, "but it's been used in space!"
>>
>>28099871
>Too stupid to realize that Beretta sells a .22 version of the ARX100 as the ARX160.
>>
>>28099637
No actually, I'd expect one of two things (or bith)

>putting out the same stuff, only sometimes in new variations (like how sig has 100 types of the same p226)
>putting out something new that's a huge flop (see: Remington R51)

The companies putting out quality products are the ones putting out quality products, age of the company has little to do with it.
>>
>>28099871
hmm, according to Beretta's website, you are a retard

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/firearms/finder/#c=Carbines&mpp=24
>>
>>28099911

Nice full house. Also, I like your gif.
>>
>>28099932
>charging handle is small because it reciprocates. You can switch what side it's on
>the stock isn't that bad
>fair point
>that's why its small
>actually when the stock it folded up, it angles downward a little bit and doesn't block the ejection
>meh, its not that ugly
>>
File: 2000px-Nerf_logo.svg.png (165 KB, 2000x933) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Nerf_logo.svg.png
165 KB, 2000x933
>>28098939
>tfw the logo on the ARX looks like the nerf logo
>>
File: benelli mr1.jpg (16 KB, 590x302) Image search: [Google]
benelli mr1.jpg
16 KB, 590x302
>>28098939
they should have
A. accurized the MR1 5.56 "tactical" rifle imported into the US by benelli (a berretta company) that is sold in italy as a beretta product and popular in yurocu.ck countries due to not being a babby killing salt weapon while still being a mag fed semi automatic 5.56 rifle. Also, for the US version they need to give it a normal mag release instead of a hunting rifle release that takes your off hand to operate.
B. have just made a Piston AR with a beretta rollmark and priced it to be competitive instead of that AR18 in a nerf gun.

swing and a miss, but it works. still a folding stock accurate and light 5.56 carbine that is fully ambidextrous.
>>
>>28099201
>work at gun range
>watch dude shooting his ARX for the first time
>not even halfway through the first mag ever out of the gun (according to the guy), gun locks up tight as can be
>in-house gunsmithing dept spends hour trying to fix it
>>
>>28098939
Beretta still has to play by the same rules as everybody else and it's not like the same people have been working at the same place for the last few centuries.

The ARX is actually pretty good.

Signed,
Beretta Apologist
>>
>>28100569
Hell, i'd take some sort of AR-18ish clone with modern ergos as long as it didn't cost a fuckload and look like ass.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.