[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concealed Carry Quick/Subtle draw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 520x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 520x339
Sup /k/

Just wondering if there is any sort of place in CC for practicing a subtle draw? I am all about practicing my speed, but it is pretty obvious what is about to happen, between pulling up my shirt and adjusting body position to go for my gun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

Tom Cruise's famous scene in Collateral comes to mind. Yes, obviously it's a movie, doesn't detract from his excellent draw stroke that is also very nondescript until the last moment.

Perhaps this is a stupid thread and question seeing as a few minutes of Google didn't really bring up much.

TLDR any tips on not telegraphing you're about to draw a gun when you're about to draw a gun would be appreciated
>>
>>28098270
hide the gun under your hat
>>
>>28098270
You don't want subtle so much as you do going from calm to violent as quickly as possible.

Legally speaking if you're drawing your gun than the time to use it has already started happening and subtlety will not serve you as well as decisiveness and violence of action.
>>
One bump before it dies
>>
Hell yes there is.

Deception, subterfuge, mis-direction. What- You wanna lose?

I've had my gun in my and and nobody in the room knew except me.
>>
>>28100424

I don't really know OP. I'm lurking. Here's a bump.
>>
>>28100498
Glad to see you have mastered the main aspect of "concealed" carry

OP here,

perhaps to expand the topic in general--- anyone got some good tips/links/vids on improving a draw stroke?

There is a webm around of Travis Haley I believe drawing and strafing left to right while mag-dumping. His speed of shooting and movement is very impressive

>inb4 ppl get buttmad and say the target is two yards away

If you cant see how creating space and changing your target's target picture in very close quarters well baka desu senpai I just dont know what to say
>>
>>28098270
It's simple. You start your draw as soon as you see him pulling a gun out and shoot him.
>what is situational awareness
>>
File: 1437753813946.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1437753813946.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>28100576
>There is a webm around of Travis Haley I believe drawing and strafing left to right while mag-dumping. His speed of shooting and movement is very impressive

I need the webm version, travis haley is a fucking monster tbqh
>>
>>28100604
Wouldn't it be easier to just not respond?

>>28100638
This is what I was talking about (other than being a gif), thanks mang
>>
>>28100576
>>inb4 ppl get buttmad and say the target is two yards away
People get mad about that anyway. If you're practicing conceal carry draws you SHOULD practice with a target that close. Muggers don't stab you from 12 ft away. Practice other ranges too but for CCW expect that shit to be up close. Get some airshit and football helmets and padded gloves, get a friend and practice defending against close range attacks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.