[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First gun: Dutch Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1373919357690.jpg (136 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1373919357690.jpg
136 KB, 750x600
'Sup /k/,
I've recently started the long process of getting a firearms license as a Dutch citizen.
However, Dutch firearms law requires an 18 month period of shooting at a gun club before being allowed to purchase a pistol or rifle. (and a whole lot of other stuff too)
Anyways, after these 18 months the police may issue me a firearms license after an extensive background check.
But the first 6 months, I may only purchase a .22 caliber pistol or rifle.
6 months after that I may purchase something in 9mm.
After that, I can may purchase large calibers, 1 weapon per year, with a maximum of 5 weapons.
Seeing as this gives me a period to save up some cash, what would you guys suggest as a good first gun in .22LR?
Pistol or rifle? Also if any other Dutchfags are on /k/ atm, I would also like some advice from them.
>>
I've been thinking about buying a Ruger 10/20, because there's a lot of aftermarket stuff for it and from what i've read, it seems to be a good rifle.
My firearms instructer lets me shoot a 22. sig sauer 1911-22. which also shoots nicely but i'm not sure if it's really something I want to buy.
>>
Also, just because I'm saving up some cash doesn't mean that i'm about to drop 3K on something like this.
>>
Germanbro here in the process of getting a hunting license, do you have something like that? It's more expensive but less restrictive than sports shooting here.
>>
10/22 is fine but nothing special.
avoid .22 pistols which are designed to look like service pistols, those are universally junk.

best bang for buck would be a used .22 bolt action.
>>
>>28096562
we do have hunting licences, but they do allow you to get a gun with less restrictions. Our firearms laws were tightend after a guy with mental illnesses who should have never been allowed to own a firearm, shot up a mall.
So now we have a very discouraging policy to own firearms.

>>28096565
What kind of bolt action would you recommend?
>>
>>28096582
i meant that the hunting license does not make it easier to own a firearm
>>
Just gonna name some things that I've been considering.

-Browning T-Bolt
-CZ 453 Varmint
-H&K MP5 A5 SD6
-Marlin 60SS
-AR-15 in .22LR
-M1 in .22LR

Any opinions?
>>
Just read something interesting.
You may own an antique weapon (like a nugget) without a license. However, if you want to shoot it or buy ammo for it. You do need a license.
But because they're antiques, they do not add to the maximum of allowed guns.
So after 7 years. i may own five guns, but i can also own 15 nuggets if i want too.
Man, weird law.
>>
>>28096677
You guys are also allowed airguns without restriction on caliber or license.

You could buy one of those you can hunt boars with.
>>
>>28096701
true, I have an old air rifle, but i'm not sure about the "no caliber restriction part" pretty sure that a break action air rifle with a barrel big enough to fit a .22, would be seen as a big no no..
>>
>>28096731
>>28096701
We have no restrictions on owning air guns other than that they can't look like real guns and that minors aren't allowed to have access it. There used to be a 7.5J limit, but they removed that because it was impractical or something.
>>
>>28096749
to have access to it*
>>
>>28096749
Sounds good to me. How much are the really strong ones?
>>
>>28096749
I think that you're confusing an air rifle with an airsoft rifle.
Windbuks is an air rifle
>>
File: beretta87td.jpg (60 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
beretta87td.jpg
60 KB, 800x602
>>28096486
>Pistol or rifle?

That's entirely up to you.

No one can make that decision for you.

>>28096629
>Browning T-Bolt
>CZ 453 Varmint
>H&K MP5 A5 SD6
>Marlin 60SS
>AR-15 in .22LR
>M1 in .22LR

All good fun, but none of them can be used in decent competitions. So if you aim to use them to learn to shoot & compete, you ought to look at Anschutz or Feinwerkbau. There's a lot of Match & SuperMatch guns on the second hand market for very little money in the Benelux, you just have to look around for it.

Same thing goes for .22LR pistols of course. If you want to compete, you'll need something serious. If you just want to have fun while still being accurate, I'd suggest:
- Hammerli X-Esse
- Browning Buckmark
- Beretta 87 Target
- Ruger MkII/MkIII
- FN/Browning Medalist/International

A CZ75 Kadet is a very good choice if you intend to buy a CZ75 SP01 Shadow or something later on.

Steer clear from P22, Sig Mosquito,... They are pot metal pieces of trash.

For .22LR bolt guns which are not match guns, also look into Savage Mark II. Pretty good for this price point.

Vermits je toch met een wachttijd zit: ALLES UITPROBEREN DAT JE IN JE HANDEN KAN KRIJGEN. :)
>>
The laws here are very strict, if you know any seedy types you could just pay a little extra and you wouldn't have to deal with all that nonsense. Not that I'd ever do this.
>>
>>28096842
that Savage MKII looks really nice.

en ik zal zeer zeker alles proberen waar ik de kans voor krijg.
>>
>>28096847
Yeah, but if I ever get caught with stuff like that it means getting a couple of years of involuntary kegel exercises, courtesy of Bubba.
Not something I'd like to happen.
>>
>>28096794
Over €1500 new. You may be able to find them cheaper if you buy used.

>>28096798
No, there are real air guns that look like real guns and those are forbidden. I'm not talking about airsoft, you can get airsoft guns legally with a permit.
>>
just get a nerf gun like the rest of us, or some stroopwafels
>>
>>28096864

You first need to figure out where your interests lie & which things tick you off.

For me, stuff like a slide mounted safety is an immediate disqualifier.
>>
>>28096486
Is smoking weed an issue if you have a license?
>>
>>28097003
ì think it is, if you have addiction issues you will not get a license.
not sure if the occasional joint will be a problem
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.