[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here flintlocks? i want one but dont know whats good or where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: flintlock 18th century.jpg (52 KB, 713x318) Image search: [Google]
flintlock 18th century.jpg
52 KB, 713x318
who here flintlocks? i want one but dont know whats good or where to get
>>
Überti to or pietta they make most of the guns out now.

Get a Dixie gun works catalog too
>>
Also cva and traditions if they're still around.
>>
What state are you in OP?
>>
>>28096179

Remember to wipe excess oil out of the barrel after cleaning, hot water and soap do wonders if you shoot regular BP, but you'll need something heavier for Pyrodex.

If you get a nice rifle and plenty of flints, you can shoot it until the liberals summon cthulu as long as you have powder and something to shoot out of it.
>>
I don't know of any other brand than Uberti and Pietta who do this.
>>
Is there a comprehensive list of these somewhere, like all models that were ever produced during the 17th-19th century or something? Would be even better if it had custom search parameters such as number of barrels and so on but not a must
>>
>>28096551
Cva isn't make old style guns as far as I know. Just inlines.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
My BP funz.

The flintlocks are traditions.

The revolver is Armi San Marco.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 250x320
>>28096567
They have plenty of books about antique guns.

More importantly get pic related.
So you don't blow up your first gun.

It covers powder loads and whatnot.
Basically everything you'll need to know to start.
>>
No reproductions marked Japan or Spain
>>
What's wrong Spanish and Japanese guns?

Who do you thing was making them the first time around?
>>
>>28096819

The old school japanese brown bess reproductions were tits. No idea how the new ones are.
>>
>>28096819
Had a fried with a pair of Jukar derringers that shoots them when assholes pelt him with brass and they seem to work fine. Though it is percussion and apparently more things need to go right with Flintlocks ie. the frizzen needs to be properly hardened and the springs need to be strong enough to make a spark
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.