[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /k/'s thoughts about gun shows? Are they worth going to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What are /k/'s thoughts about gun shows? Are they worth going to?
>>
Fuddlore festival.
>>
>>28095593
So basically ok to go to if you know your shit and you might get ripped off if you don't? That's what I seem to be reading most places.
>>
Waste of fucking time

Closest I get is watching shotshow videos on youtube
>>
>>28095579
9/10 times, no. Only reason I really ever go to shows is if I need ammo, since you can usually get it for a sort of goodish deal at them.
>>
>>28095579
Honestly, it depends. You can haggle and/or get some pretty sweet fucking deals there. But don't expect it to be roses and daisies. Fudds trying to rip everyone else, gouged prices on 90% of shit, etc. But it's a great place to scope out and actually hold the kinds of guns you want or are thinking of buying,
>It's what you make of it really.
>>
Generally waste of time. Will go occasionally for something to do, but with no expectations.
>>
>>28095608
That's what I was thinking, I didn't plan on buying anything besides maybe some ammo. Mostly I just wanted to look around/touch some guns I was interested in.
>>
>>28095579
89% overpriced useless junk, 11% gud deals.
All in all a good way to waste a saturday imo desu senpai.
>>
>>28095603
If you know much about the technical and historical aspects of guns you will hear the most retarded shit you have ever heard in your life.

Not just once or twice, not just a few guys. You are going to be surrounded by some of the dumbest people on the planet saying the dumbest shit ever all fucking day.
>>
>live in waiting period state
No. They're awful.
>>
>>28095579
They used to.
Havent been to one in years.
Price gouging was pretty common though, typical "this is worth more used than it was new just because Im factoring in my sentimental attachment into the price" type shit.

Great deals on occaision though.
>>
>>28095662
This. So much this.

Just cuz somebody owns lots of guns doesnt always mean they know very much about them.

Or anything about them.
Most of the time this results in hilarious overpricing
"that worn out SKS with the cracked stock and bubba mounted scope? Yeah thatll be bout 550 bucks, +350 fer the scope."
"This here steel pot helmet has a genuine bullet hole innit from the war!" (Clearly fresh bullet hole)

"This mosin nagant is the SNIPER VARIANT! Only $500!" (Clearly aftermarket scope kit and bubba style bent bolt handle, also there were no official "sniper" nuggets. The soviets would fire a dozen of em in a vice, pick the best, and drill it for a scope mount, thats as close as they got)
>>
>>28095624
>>28095608
>these

you get to play with the rifles you might decide to buy, kinda like walking into a movie rental place to see what you want to pirate. Aside from that its atleast worth a good kek with another knowledgeable buddy, just walking around talking shit on EVERYTHING.
>>
File: 1426484929912.jpg (396 KB, 954x1120) Image search: [Google]
1426484929912.jpg
396 KB, 954x1120
>>
File: 1441267708187.jpg (116 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
1441267708187.jpg
116 KB, 1024x764
if you are into reloading and beef jerkyy ou can find some decent buys. Other than that I wouldn't go, over priced pieces surrounded by mostly horrible people. Though I do like to shoot the shit with old timer fudds about hunting and reloads.
>>
>>28095579
Gun shows can be good places to look for out-of-production or uncommon guns (especially antiques). If you're after something new but rare, expect to pay a premium. They aren't as good for getting deals on new current production guns, though these may come up from time to time. Looking for sales at stores may be better if you're after a good deal on something new.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.