[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting a semi automatic pistol tomorrow for target
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Thinking of getting a semi automatic pistol tomorrow for target practice and maybe cc at some point. What should i get? Under $500 preferred.
>>
$500 actually gives you quite a few options.

What caliber are you thinking?
>>
>>28094048
Probably 9mm. Really just want something with pretty cheap ammo that won't require much attention/cleaning when i forget.
>>
>>28094067
I'd hate to be that guy but... a Glock does meet that criteria. Just get your hands on one first, you may not like the grip angle.
>>
>>28094107
I was thinking glock or an m&p shield. Going to go to my local gun store tomorrow so we'll see what feels good. Thanks.
>>
>>28094117

Glock xx in 9mm (I can't remember which one is the ccw one) the Glock 19 is also a good choice but it's a little large for ccw. M&P shield is very popular, I carry the M&P 9c for reasons, I picked it over the shield. Get what feels comfortable and that you like.
>>
File: IMG_2858.jpg (79 KB, 571x432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2858.jpg
79 KB, 571x432
Cz 9 09, hammer fired, 450 bucks, super reliable, adjustable backstraps come with the gun, beautiful trigger. I love it, I CC it every day as well.
>>
I was all pumped up about getting the G26 until I actually tried to get my man hands on one that belongs to a manlet. Same with the M&P shield that belonged to his girlfriend. They can also be quite snappy even in 9mm. If you can OP go to a range that has those two for rent and maybe a couple one size up.
>>
>>28093945
I carry a shield and its pretty nice, has been reliable , I accidentally fucked up one of the magazines springs while drunk and it still functioned after 200 or so rounds through the mag
>>
>>28096741
Nope
He should get a P07, more concealable.
>>
>>28094107
Reccomending a glock for someone who is looking for a regular old pistol just to shoot and maybe cc for $500 is not a problem.
Treating glocks as the end all, be all, is the problem.
>>
>>28096813
>Treating glocks as the end all, be all
Nobody does this though. Glocks are the Toyota of guns, practical, cheap, reliable. They provide all you need in most situations and are all most people need. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>28093945
If you're getting a glawk get the 20.
>>
>>28096834
This. Just make sure to carry a few backup mags with you at all times.
>>
>>28096795 good point.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.