[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Differences between Inglis Hi Power and Sig 226? I think I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hipower.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hipower.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
Differences between Inglis Hi Power and Sig 226?

I think I'll be using the Hi Power in two months when I go off to basic. I know the CF issues Hi Power's to mostly everyone except officers and operators.

Is there any chance that infantry are issued Sig's instead? Which is the better pistol and why?
>>
>>28093647
>give Hi-powers to rear echelon guys and fobbits
>give the Sigs to the real niggas who shoot people

I wonder which is better suited to putting holes in baddies.
>>
>>28093697
Well I know the Sig is used worldwide by Seal's and I think CSOR + JTF-2 use them as well. Also heard there's an abundance of these Hi Power's.

I figured if you were infantry, they should be giving you a Sig. Maybe if you're going to be out of harms way all the time then a Hi Power would suffice.
>>
>>28093647
Yu won't even see those at basic, idiot. You'll get a c7 week 5 and that's it. Have fun bear marching
>>
>>28093726
Typically the way it works is all non-specialized units get the standard issue stuff while your high speed low drag 1337 oper8tors get the cool shit. Idk what Canada issues to grunts, but I would wager that they probably give them the old hi powers just because there's an abundance of them. While a newer sig would be better, the browning will get the job done. The odds of using a pistol are very slim for anyone that isnt doing DA stuff or any of the cool shit.
>>
>>28093734
Was thinking about after basic in Gagetown and from then onward.

Also if anybody has any idea...if you are showing to be good at your job, how would one get into something like JTF-2? I saw some application type stuff around but do they recruit you? What's the process like? Same question for different courses like paratrooper or sniper etc.
>>
>>28093827
Jtf recruits from CSOR. You can apply to CSOR usually after two years in your current unit and a couple trade qualifications depending on your trade. If you're asking about para and sniper but also saying you're going to gagetown, you're either armored or a reservist. Either way you're getting none of the above, pump.
>>
>>28093852
See that's what I thought. I was under the assumption that after basic, infantry goes to Meaford or Wainwright. That's what I read. My interviewer said I'd probably be headed to Gagetown. I applied for full time infantry.

There's a lot of conflicting information around for sure. Do you have any info about how you go about getting these trade qualifications?
>>
>>28093726
>Maybe if you're going to be out of harms way all the time then a Hi Power would suffice.
tell that to everyone in
The Rhodesian War
World War II
Every major conflict since 1935
>>
>>28093903
Stop asking questions like these on /k/. Seriously. Ask them from your staff in basic. They're super informative and will give you handouts on CSOR and jtf if you want.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.