[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that at Texas A and M you can keep a gun in your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: texas.png (48 KB, 1162x1134) Image search: [Google]
texas.png
48 KB, 1162x1134
Is it true that at Texas A and M you can keep a gun in your car? What about your dorm?

And no I'm not currently doing any of the kind right now. But I might be going there and I am just asking. Does it apply to a student with no permit?

https://www.tamu.edu/statements/campus-carry.html
>>
>>28093126
You can do anything you want, so long as the ATF doesn't find out.
>>
you can keep a gun in your car without a permit
>>
>>28093126
In Texas your car is an extension of your home and protected by castle law
>>
>>28093705

but needs to be out of sight, i.e. in your glove box.
>>
>>28093126

Current TAMU Student...

Yes I'm pretty sure you can keep one in your dorm and your car..

I might be wrong but that subject was brought up earlier this year in one of my classes by a Professor who thinks the Campus Carry allowance will lead to teacher intimidation lol
>>
>>28094841
Unless you have a CHL you should not store a firearm in your glove box unless it is lockable.
Use the trunk, in a locked case.
Avoid storing in your apartment unless you have a CHL.
>>28093126
August 1st 2016 is when the law officially changes regarding CCing firearms on campus.
Also, on September 1st, Texas Knife Law Preemption came into effect.
>>
>>28093126
>Is it true that at Texas A and M you can keep a gun in your car?

You can keep a gun in your car anywhere in Texas.

I don't know that it's allowed in dorms, though. Although if you're 21 and have you CHL, why are you living on campus, anyway?
>>
>>28094943
>Avoid storing in your apartment unless you have a CHL.

Lol what?

Where the fuck are you supposed to keep your gun if you can't keep it in your home?
>>
>>28094841
You should be doing this anyway. Some nig will steal it otherwise.
>>
>>28094943
Defense of Driver Act HB 1416 states the car is an extension of one's property and therefore all laws extend to it, regardless of ownership of the vehicle ( just like how you get charged for possession of schedule 1 drugs even if the car isn't yours and they are hidden somewhere without you knowing.)

This law clearly outlined the requirements to keep a handgun in a vehicle without a CHL in Texas.
>You cannot be a felon
>You cannot be associated with a gang ( I suggest you refer to Texas Penal Code to learn how they define gangs )
>You must be legally able to own the firearm in question
>The firearm must be concealed

Common misconceptions
>The firearm can't be loaded
Yes it can.
>The firearm has to be out of arms length
No it doesn't.
>The firearm has to be somewhere secure
It can be anywhere as long as it is concealed, even if that means it is under a towel
>You need a CHL
No, you don't
>You have to be 21
No, there are no state or federal restrictions on the ownership of handguns for individuals 18 and older so you are legally allowed to own the firearm.
>You have to cross county lines/be carrying a large sum of money
No. This was, however, one of the few ways to carry in a car concealed in the past.
>>
>>28095986
In addition:

While in general you are protected by law to car carry schools are a grey area. You cannot carry any gun on public school grounds in Texas, meaning K -12.

The good news is on September 1st 2013 Governor Perry signed into law SB 1907 which explicitly stated any institution of higher education, be it private or public, may not enact any provision or take any other action (including posting section 30.06 penal code signs) prohibiting transportation or storage of firearms in a LOCKED motor vehicle. It is extremely important to note this law only protects CHL holders and lawfully owned firearms/ammunition. This law also only applies to streets, driveways, parking lots, and parking garages. So be mindful of where your vehicle is.

So, under current law, without a concealed handgun license you are not legally protected to store or transport firearms on college campuses in the state of Texas.
>>
>>28093126
>Is it true that at Texas A and M you can keep a gun in your car?
Yes sort of, as I learned in CHL class (years ago before the new campus carry bill), the carry law only extends to actual campus "buildings." An open parking lot or street is not a building, and therefore you can have your gun.

>What about your dorm?
No. I don't think this will every be allowed either. When I lived in the Jester dorm at UT, we couldn't even have a fucking toaster oven. They can make any rules they want for safety and you have to follow them.
>>
>>28098179
>They can make any rules they want for safety and you have to follow them.

No, you just have to avoid getting caught, which may or may not be difficult. Up to the individual to decide.
>>
>>28098192
As well as your roommate(s).
>don't tell them

If the police search your roommates shit they can search yours .
>>
>>28093126
Ask the school, dumbass.

I don't understand why people come to /k/ with questions regarding institutions that have people dedicated to answering questions about those institutions.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.