[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illegal ccw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 049.jpg (60 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
60 KB, 600x421
Alright guys, I'm from Redlands and after all this bullshit that happened literally a five minute walk from my childhood apartment I've been thinking about cc'ing but without a permit.
I'm still in California but not in a shall issue county so I doubt I could ever legally get a permit. What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>28085988
You'll most likely end up shot by police if they see a concealed weapon they know you are not supposed to have.

If you want to cc, move.
>>
>>28085988
Never, ever, EVER, listen to /k/ when it comes to this.

They'll tell you to "stand up for your rights" or some bullshit, and then one traffic stop later, you've got a felony on your record.
>>
>>28085988
I say move OP cali is either dead or dieing so its time to abort and role to another state. If you have experience in the railroad or petroleum id say move to Houston Texas where i live because theres jobs everywhere here.
>>
>>28085988

wouldn't it be possible to just drive over to another county and get a permit there?
>>
>>28086075
No you have to establish residency in that county.
SB is may issue but its not hard to get a permit here
>>
San Bernardino County is known to be fairly permissive with CCW permits.
>>
>>28085988
You should've thought about this before your shithole state got shot all to hell.

GG m8, way to be behind the 8 ball.
>>
San Bernardino is a shall issue county
>>
I love how these threads always devolve into telling OP that they should move.
As if that's easy for people who've already established careers or have families.
I'm sure it's easy as hell to just up and move across the country for someone without anything tying them down but if you're a homeowner or someone with a well established job it's just not so simple.
>>
>>28085988
Redlands here too
What should I CC?
>>
>>28086151
>>28086230
OP here, I should have made it clearer earlier but I'm FROM Redlands but currently live in Santa Barbara where CCW is verboten for commoners.
>>
Get cap & ball revolver. Not as good as any modern pistol, but it's technically not a firearm, so you can CC anywhere without a permit.
>>
Do this OP, some kid in TX carries a blackpowder in an aliengear holster.
>>
File: 1440984415244.jpg (595 KB, 2079x2826) Image search: [Google]
1440984415244.jpg
595 KB, 2079x2826
>>28086646
>>
>>28086616
>>28086646
18 y/o commie-fornia fag here. What should i know about carrying a black powder? i know it's not entirely reliable but it's better than a pocket knife. San Luis county has pretty strict laws but it's very hard to find out specifics, since nobody seems to know.
>>
>>28086616
>>28086848
>>28087206

Black powder guns may not be considered weapons BUT the minute you use it as a weapon, it's a weapon.

If you can't legally carry a gun, don't carry a gun. Don't be a dumbass. A felony conviction on your record WILL ruin your life.
>>
If you legally own the firearm and it's JUST getting caught CCWing, no brandishing, assault etc

THEN it's only a misdemeanor. I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>28086048
be smart about it m8, hopefully your handgun is legal and you are only carrying it illegally. always have a OWB holster in your car.
>>
>>28085988
u can illegally carry it and nobody would ever know, but the minute you use it, even if it is in self defense, you will get a felony and will lose all your rights to own any kind of firearm for the rest of your life.
>>
>>28087344
I'd rather take the gamble with the BP. If you're caught with it it isn't a weapon, and if you use it your fate is with a jury. Better tried by 12 than carried by six.
>>
>>28087344
And a nigger or muslim with a gun WILL end your life.
>>
>>28088761
>If you're caught with it it isn't a weapon
That isn't how the law works you mongoloid.
>>
>>28088761
Most states have laws that prevent carrying BP.
>>
>>28086110
>>28086151
What happened to the 7 letters or recommendation from non-family that you've known for at least 10 years plus other bullshit?
>>
>>28089233
>legally not a firearm
>cop sees it during traffic stop or some shit
>???
>magically becomes an illegal firearm
How
>>
>>28090404
>what are state laws
They may not be considered regular firearms at the federal level, but that doesn't stop states from defining them as firearms and keeping you from carrying them.
>>
>>28086057
fuck h town
>>
>>28090543
Okay, makes sense. Nothing wrong with it in Texas as far as I can tell, so I've got that going for me
>>
>>28086057
As much as I love the gun laws in Texas, I will never live there again unless I must.
>>
>>28086048
Misdemeanor
>>
>>28086048
>>28092157
Read California Penal Code sections 25400 and 25850. Unlicensed concealed carry can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on if the gun is registered to the person. Carrying of a loaded weapon is a separate crime that can also be a misdemeanor or a felony depending upon registration.
>>
>>28088761
Good call I had a similar situation in central Texas. Had to shoot two police officers who were assaulting two women for a non-crime. I was charged for both killings but after two years, a jury acquitted me on both counts. Better to save yourself or another persons life than risk yourself or other innocents being beaten to a pulp or worse a statistic.
>>
File: 1449289663450.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1449289663450.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
Hi /k/ I'm in a bit of a tricky situation and this seems semi-relevant to the thread.

I moved to Kekifornia from out of state this summer and may or may not have brought my scattergat with me without registering it with the DOJ. (I haven't gotten around to going to the DMV to get my CA ID to do so)

There's a decent possibility that someone may attempt to break into my home and try and harm/rob me and my family. (He attempted to rob my workplace (2 separate locations in the same night as well) the other day with a knife and assaulted the female employees and has not been caught or identified)

I'm wondering if that did happen and I used it in self defense would this be a serious legal liability on my hands?

What legal resources do I need to know about? I'm in a 2A friendly county in NorCal.
>>
>>28093709
I forgot to mention that he knows where I live. Hence the paranoia.

I just don't know how seriously they take this long gun registration thing. My biggest worry is that I would end up in court and they would try and use the fact that I used an off the books long gun to fuck me over. (How common is it for home defense shootings to go to court?)

If there are any PRK LEOs here that could provide insight it would be much appreciated.
>>
San Bernardino sheriff is pretty good on ccw
>>
>>28086256
But at the same time, you can start to establish a path to moving. If you wanted to buy a relatively decent house and have plans to move to a more accepting part of the country it could be done for around 60,000 dollars.
>>
>>28087344
Dying > Prison

Is this your mantra?
>>
>>28093709
>>28093771
If you try to hide anything you be fucked
Call the cops right the fuck away and cooperate 100%, with a lawyer of course and you should get off.
I mean some maniac is assaulting you and your people I doubt an unregistered weapon will land you in prison.
>>
File: 1449268306817.jpg (28 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1449268306817.jpg
28 KB, 510x346
OP I'm here to finally end this bullshit.

From One Califag to another

I'M GOING TO FINALLY PUT THIS SHIT TO REST.

>Grab your gun

>Put it inside a backpack

>Lock the backpack with a combination lock

Tada, you're no longer conceal carrying, but transporting a firearm in a LOCKED CONTAINER.

It's totally legal
>>
>>28092157
Lots of states have modifiers that turn any crime involving a gun into a felony.
>>
>>28093841
But what use is it to carry around a handgun like that?
>>
>>28093637
did people just read this and assume it was a shitpost? i'm pretty confused here.
>>
>>28095938
Not OP, but better than not having anything at all. At least if something big did happen and had the time, you could fight back.
>>
>>28096040
I guess I can see that with like a glock 34 or something with a bunch of mags.
What if a criminal who doesn't give a shit about the law robs you at gunpoint for your backpack? You just gave him another gun to use huehuehue.(not unrealistic in the "diverse" anti-2A "may issue" counties with alot of violent crime here in PRK)
>>
>>28085988
Carry it anyways, tell the cops you were taking it to the range or to a boating accident club.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.