[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to ID fingerprints off of a rock used in self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: A_Rock!.gif (174 KB, 476x485) Image search: [Google]
A_Rock!.gif
174 KB, 476x485
Is it possible to ID fingerprints off of a rock used in self defense?

If hypothetically one were to have committed an act of self defense on another person, and the rock in question were mixed in with a bevy of similarly sized rocks, what are the odds anyone would be able to ID said rock if it were properly rinsed?

Is the rock the ultimate stealth weapon?
>>
>>28082003

>premeditating murder via rock
>can't premeditate getting gloves

How fucking poor are you?
>>
>>28082003
Just make a blunderbuss loaded with a small rock your carry piece.
>>
>>28082003
>Is it possible to ID fingerprints off of a rock
Depends on the rock. A piece of quartz with lots of smooth edges, you could probably get some decent partials. Sandstone or other gritty rocks? Forget about it.
> ID said rock if it were properly rinsed?
>rinsed
kek
>shine blacklight into sack of possible murder-rocks
>one fluoresces because you didn't put bleach/ammonia on it, just rinsed off the blood
Found the murder weapon guys!
>>
>>28082003
>killing people with rocks
>using the internet in 1622
>>
File: 1449077866337.jpg (4 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1449077866337.jpg
4 KB, 400x283
>>28082049
>>
>>28082003
Go away BLM.
They will get the finger prints off the rock and prove that you in fact did du.
>>
>>28082003
Bong detected guise
>>
>>28082047
>break murder rock in two or three pieces
>toss each piece in different directions
>literally impossible to corroborate the murder was done by one person
>get off scotch free
>>
>>28082131
I would want some scotch while I'm at it.

Or better yet, some Jameson
>>
> OP broke the neighbors window with a rock, and is scared he'll get caught
>>
>>28082131
Scot-free

Sorry to correct ya, but I feel bad thinking of someone saying that aloud to another person.
>>
File: 1447044934323.jpg (26 KB, 1022x547) Image search: [Google]
1447044934323.jpg
26 KB, 1022x547
>>28082153
Most impressive hypothesis. Great work, detective anon.
>>
>>28082003
Use a sling and bury your rock in their chest
>>
>kill someone with rock
>throw lots of rocks in the puddles of blood and gore
>whodunnit??!!?!one
>>
>>28082675
shut the fuck up dumb dyke
>>
Depends... are you going to shoot this rock out of a gun? or chuck it as hard as you can at your stupid neighbor Geoff who pooped on your doorstep again? and if you are going to shoot it out of a gun, you definitely look into getting a Suppressor put on that rock.
>>
>>28082003

Fingerprints generally no. You need a smooth flat surface to get prints. Irregular texture of rock should avoid this.

DNA yes. Modern DNA tracing can develop even the most minute DNA transfer. It all depends on how hard the cops want to go.

Cop buddy of mine investigated a suicide and they found 3 separate sources of DNA on the weapon. Silly fuck who offed himself and 2 buddies who handled the gun several days before. They both just handled the gun for a couple of seconds and racked the slide, but they still got trace DNA from the gun.
>>
>>28082003
>rock brand rock
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.