[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duty gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
So I just got my armed security license and I'm needing to buy a gun this week. I'm currently carrying my Tiger LCP because I have the conceal carry endoursment on my license.Thinking about buying the S&W SD40VE as my duty weapon. I've read and watched reviews and they all say it's a decent gun, great for the price. Thoughts, suggestions?
>>
>>28081145
Ruger* not tiger..
>>
> LE REAL 10MM MEME POST
>>
File: AnitaSarkeesian.jpg (47 KB, 660x438) Image search: [Google]
AnitaSarkeesian.jpg
47 KB, 660x438
you gotta buy your own fucking firearm to guard the train tracks?

and idk my mom has one locked in its case with the ammo locked in a separate case and the magazine locked in a third case (not kidding) that she keeps for "protection".

apparently it's S&W's glock, so similar that glock gets paid royaltys for any units sold by S&W, so it cant be that bad.
>>
>>28082223
This in regards to its similarities with Glocks.
They are a lot better than the Smegma was that's for sure.
>>
>>28082223
wrong gun. you're thinking of the Sigma. the SD series is different enough to no longer need the Glock premium.
>>
I would say save the extra 100$ for an m&p, and multitude of other options at that price range.

iirc some retailers will give you the LEO discount on glocks I'd you are certified armed security.
>>
>>28082256
But for half the price, you basically have a better looking glock...
>>28081145
Don't listen to glock fags, as far as affordability and reliability go, SD9VE all the way (i never cared for 40).
>>
>>28081145
find out what you can get before you get a list going. Some companies have a specific list you even just guidelines of what youre allowed.

After that, 95% of the time is going to be glocks, M&P, maybe some sigs but you want a duty gun, not a nice higher end sig or 1911 or whatever. It may be boring but just get a glock and abuse it . Ive never tired the SDV, but heard mixed things. At best it a "cheap but bearable knockoff" so take that how you will
>>
I used to do armed security. Heres what you should know
>get comfortable shoes or boots you can run it
>get proper winter clothing
>get a good thermos/lunch box
>get a burner phone and charger to keep in your glove box
>get a good neck pillow
>get some books to read (or some other activity) in your down time, staring at you computer will hurt your head

as for the gun weight was the bigges issues. we weren't fully geared up like LEOs so the gun was the heaviest. a proper holster is just as if not more important. I suggest something boring because you don't want to use a nice gun for duty use like this. All the other guys had glock 17s and I bought a sig sp2022 because I wanted to be special and my only glock at the time was custom/present that Ii didn't want to ruin. SDV is ok, you get what you pay for. Just make sure to take whatever gun you get to the range once a month to make sure its still good
>>
>>28082454
got any good security stories?, im sure inner city or sketchy dock yard guards has had to atleast met some creepy characters at night.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.