[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shooting with both eyes open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 446x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 446x330
New to competitive pistol shooting here and was looking for some advice on keeping both eyes open while firing?

My problem is that if I focus on the front sight my target doubles and if I focus on my target my sights double. I know I'm supposed to focus on the front sight but I can only get the target to not double if I squint or close my left eye.
>>
>>28079402
I trained a bit for this and then went back to one eyed. Basically, start one eyed and get focus on your front sight. Then crack the other eye open keeping focus. Dry fire and do your procedure. Then do it again. It may take a few days of practice but you will get used to it and start being able to spot your front sight on the way up with both eyes.

I switched back because I find myself more focused with one eye but that's just what works best for me.
>>
>>28079402
>I know I'm supposed to focus on the front sight but I can only get the target to not double if I squint or close my left eye.

If you're constantly trying to see your target and your front sight post you'll get vertical stringing. Put your sights on the target then focus on the front sight, trust that even though the target's just a fuzzy blob it's still there.
>>
Try squinting until you get the hang of it.
>>
>>28079402
See Paul Castle CAR system

Multiple targets, multiple shots each at "Full Auto" speed G17 Gen 3 + reloading = see jaws drop around you on the range

3rd time firing a gun and I had people think I was operator af hitting 7,8 and 9's at that speed

you have to have initiative to keep both eyes open/aim with the left eye otherwise you won't learn how to do it if you are not "hungry"
>>
>>28080912
This guy seems super legit, OP. You should listen to him because I saw CAR in my splinter cells and my hollywood animu so you know it's good.

Picture unrelated, I don't think the 4chins will let me post without one so I picked it totally at random.
>>
I always though shooting with both eyes open was to maintain a full field of vision in a combat situation.

Who gives a shit about that if your doing competitive shooting
>>
>>28081197
>I don't think the 4chins will let me post without one
Fucking what? You are replying to a post without an image.
>>
>>28081348
I don't know I've never tried so I'm just picking pictures to post at random. They have nothing to do with my thoughts or opinions about the posts that I'm replying to.
>>
>>28081428
ten outta ten
>>
>>28081258
It's that and also eye fatigue. Constantly squinting will cause you to lose focus on a long range session.

>>28079402
You may have to turn your head slightly and make sure that your gun comes out under your dominant eye. Try staring naturally at your target, then bringing your gun up in front of you dominant eye. Transition your focus, but don't move your head. And focus. I mean really focus. Like imagine your target just said something stupid and you have to give that stare like 'what the fuck did you just say about me I'll have you know I have over 300 confirmed kills' stare.
>>
File: k1k.jpg (36 KB, 530x789) Image search: [Google]
k1k.jpg
36 KB, 530x789
>>28079402
>>
It's kinda hard to explain. Frankly I forgot how I taught myself to do it. But just really consciously do it every time you shoot and it'll become reflexive.
Also make sure you're focusing on the front sight with your dominant eye, then just leave the other one open.
>>
File: Bild 362.jpg (44 KB, 565x425) Image search: [Google]
Bild 362.jpg
44 KB, 565x425
>>28079402
get one of these
>>
File: 1371825781128.jpg (192 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1371825781128.jpg
192 KB, 1024x683
>>28079402
>tfw lefthanded and right eye dominant. shoot pistol both eyes open but long guns i have to keep my left eye shut when its time to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbMdPStxD10
Even girls can shoot with both eyes open;(
>>
>>28085770
This. Get used to focusing on that front sight and letting your target be a double blurry mess.
>>
>>28086422
So any /o/ here?
What kind of bike is that?
>>
I taught myself shortly after I got into guns and I feel it is very beneficial.
I was lucky enough to have inherited 30 guns, which is what got me into them in the first place, so what I did when I decided to learn was go through each one every night before bed and practice sighting each one with both eyes.
Just bring it up and focus on your target. Look through the sights, they need to be an extension of your vision. I've always had decent vision so it only took me a weekend to learn it and a couple of weeks to get it down perfect. If you have any sort of problems or a astigmatism you may not be able to do it though, I've tried teaching people who simply can't because of their eyes.
>>
File: O63DgIh.jpg (943 KB, 800x4406) Image search: [Google]
O63DgIh.jpg
943 KB, 800x4406
>>28079402
remember the basics
>>
>>28086436
Probably a Suzuki DR something or other... Maybe 400...
>>
>>28086422
i kinda know your pain. Left eye dom, and right handed here.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.