[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TGI AK74 vs Century M74
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: exponential bayonet.jpg (184 KB, 743x990) Image search: [Google]
exponential bayonet.jpg
184 KB, 743x990
Sup /k/

Anyone have experience with either rifles? I've heard positives and negatives about both.

Apparently the M74 does not have a chrome lined barrel, and the TGI does. They're both bulgi parts kits, but I just can't find as much information about the TGI's as I can about the M74s.
>>
>>28079256
Can't say about the tgi, but the m74 is an OK rifle. Green mountain barrel with bulgy parts and iirc the receiver is a nodak spud just like the gp75's. But then they are built by century so inspect before buying
>>
Also, it might be worth adding:

The M74 comes with 2 bulgi mags, sling, oiler, and I believe a mag pouch.

The TGI comes with two crapco mags, and it may or may not have the cleaning rod.

>>28079631
Green mountain barrels are supposed to last quite some time, correct?
>>
>>28079665
GM barrels are decent, but not nearly as good as a cold hammer forged barrel. Just don't bumpfire
>>
>>28079711
It's pretty hard to find CHF barrels, correct?

They're on Arsenals, Yugos,and WASRs, right?

I'm just worried that the non-chrome lined barrel isn't going to hold up as well. I don't really get a chance to go shooting that much, but I'd like to know that the barrel will last.

I guess I could always swap out the barrel later on down the line. The M74 is actually cheaper, and the wood furniture is used which is pretty sex to me. I think it might be the better deal, just because of all of the accessories.

I was planning on buying some AK tooling anyways, so I guess it may be a fun project.
>>
>>28079711
Plus I'm thinking about going with the M74 just because I can actually find out information on it.

Do you know if century will fix shit like canting and stuff? I'd be buying this from Fuds Gun Shop or Wideners, so I don't think it'd be that big of an issue.
>>
>>28079256
M74 is alright. As an owner of one, though, I'd recommend just holding a few hundred more for an Arsenal.
>>
>>28079866
OP here, college costs a shit ton, lol. All I have right now in terms of semi autos is an Norinco sks. I love the thing, but I'd like something modular like an AK.

Looking at the DDI ones right now on Classic, but classic just pulled a dick move and relisted them at a higher price.

The only negatives I've really found so far about the M74s are the finish and barrel. I think I would cerakote it myself or alumahyde it or something.

Why do you say that they're just 'alright'?
>>
>>28079818
They are on yugos and wasrs but still of low quality.
>>
>>28080175
How would you compare the cheapshit CHF barrels to the Green mountain barrels?
>>
>>28079711
What happens if you bumpfire with gm barrels? I have a gp1975 and always bumpfire.
>>
>>28079256
arsenal slr104

/thread
>>
>>28079940
>classic just pulled a dick move and relisted them at a higher price
Not to defend Classic, but that's probably because previous DDI74s were Waffen Werks receivers/parts, whereas the new ones are all DDI
>>
>>28080383
refer to
>>28079940
>>
>>28079818
There are now american made chf barrels coming on the market
>>
File: all of my happy slav.png (131 KB, 302x314) Image search: [Google]
all of my happy slav.png
131 KB, 302x314
>>28082002
oohhhh shit.

So what would you think of a m74 with a replaced CHF barrel?

I may have just picked the one <3
>>
>>28079256
Wow, been a long time since I've seen my OC on /k/.
>>
>>28080308
I don't think you should worry too much 5.45 is a faster round so it wears the barrel quicker
>>
>>28082067
Do you know the average service life of a non chrome lined 5.45 barrel?
>>
>>28079847
wideners sells canted aks
>>
>>28079940
Fair enough. Can always do what I'm considering and sell your M74 later when you've got a bit more cash.

I say it's alright because nothing about it has any real problems. No canted sights (for me at least), mags fit snug, functions fine. The exact flaws you brought up are what keep me saying it's only alright. Non chrome lined barrel and not a great finish. Makes shooting corrosive a pain.

>>28080449
Is DDI currently making 74s now? I'm pretty sure any DDI in 5.45 is still a Waffen Werks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.