[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ - Military Enlistment Gener
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 400x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 400x604
Females in combat edition

>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Specialtactics.com
For all AFSOC related info, but the site is currently down. Hoping it'll get back up soon.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters. Just keep it contained to this general
>>
>>28079028
Going to the coast guard recruiter tommorow..nervous because i look really young for my age, like I am 18 but look 15. Will this fuck it up?
>>
>>28078468
>deathlift
>>
Dropped off the last of the supplemental medical info, finally unfucking myself for being too honest. Navy here I come.
>>
>>28079118
You'll probably get shit for it during basic, but other than that yore just being a bitch
>>
Anyone have any experience with 68w?
How did you like it?
>>
>>28079118
I'm 21 and I look about 16. It doesn't matter if you're not a faggot
>>28079129
Did you pick a rating?
>>
>>28079118
As long as you meet height and weight standards
>>
>>28079913
Not a 68W but all medic barracks ive seen are amazing
>>
File: tumblr_nm3v1eFSJZ1urqjhoo1_500.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3v1eFSJZ1urqjhoo1_500.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
I have to pick a secondary MOS for my SO rating, but I have no idea what there is I want to do.
85 on ASVAB so I qualify for almost everything,

TLDR; What's a good back up MOS for my Seal contract?
>>
>>28079992

Pick something really shitty as motivation not to quit.
>>
>>28079913
I'm a 68w DEP and also interested in this
>>
>>28080047
Yeeeeaaaaaah I'm not gonna quit. However I'm not dumb enough to do that, a lot of the washouts of BUD/s are actually injury based. How dumb would it be if I made it through a majority but got pneumonia and had to chip paint because I wanted "motivation."
>>
>Cant operate cause decided to just leave school and GED early
I regret my decision so much
>>
Im 18 and a freshman in college, I'm trying to decide weather or not I want to join in the spring.
Im not very happy here and I feel like I should be in the military instead.

>What do?
>>
>>28080315
ROTC and you'll get the best experience.
>>
>>28080171
CT/IT
>>
File: cp1652_omon15kk4.jpg (53 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
cp1652_omon15kk4.jpg
53 KB, 500x332
19d vs 19k?
>>
>>28080580
Cav is for faggots
>>
>>28079123
not that guy, but it's a meme on /fit/
>>
if I enlist as a SPC, do I rank to corporal after or go straight to sergeant?
>>
>>28080513
What would I be doing? Preferably not making powerpoints.
>>
>>28079913
Also interested.

I'm currently 26 with a useless degree and have always thought about military service. It seems like maybe I should do it now before it's too late. Considering 68W option 40, so I would be near certain to get assigned to ranger infantry rather than a hospital.

Am I correct in assuming rangers and other spec ops units aren't full of retards? Are there any computer jobs in rangers?
>>
>>28080794
Looking into the promotion requirements, and it requires 3 years of service to even be considered for sergeant. So if I enlist as a SPC, most of my contract will be spent as SPC, and there's no guarantee I will even rank SGT
>>
retarded 15t questioner from last thread

how hard is this mos to get? would i be better off going for something else? what is the day to day with this job? how hard is it to move up with this job?
>>
>>28080908
>near certain to get assigned to ranger infantry
opt 40 only means you are guaranteed to go to airborne and RASP. You still have to actually pass RASP. Opt 40 only guarantees you airborne qualification and the chance to attend ranger selection where you may or may not be selected.
>>
>>28080908
I have a 68w Opt. 40.

It was pretty hard to get, but if you had out for one it'll pop up.
>>
>>28081038
I think he meant that if he were to make it to Ranger batt it would be 100% that he would go to a line unit as a medic.
>>
>>28080794

Depends on your job/unit. Most jobs in the Army don't really utilize the CPL rank.

>>28080941
You can actually be promoted to SGT (E5) at 18 months if you're hot shit via a "secondary zone" promotion. 36 months is the requirement for "primary zone" promotions, which means advancement at the normal rate.

With the new education requirements, though, making E5 in 18 months is very unlikely in most jobs.
>>
Guys, i'm gonna be honest, i'm working fucking hard to join recon. I'm doing as best as i can workout 6 times a week with 5 runs a week... Problem i'm a fucking 5'7 manlet and it pisses me off... Does this mean anything when trying to join an sof group? (I know recon is not sof, if all goes well i'll try out for marsoc)
>>
>>28081103
What new education requirements?
>>
>>28081150
Not really, maybe you'll get out on shit duty like carrying the 240 or something but other than that I don't see why it would matter. Better than being tall imo
>>
My life is falling apart and my finances are in ruins...

If I end up homeless and completely broke at the end of this month, what ways are still open to me to fly to Kurdistan and help them in the fight against ISIS?

>inb4 get a job and buy a plane ticket
I'm looking for a job, and if I get one I won't end up homeless, and thus can continue on the path that I'm on in life, instead of finding a new one.

I have previously been told that my knowledge of IT would be an asset to the Kurds.
>>
>>28081185
Damn... I was really worried, i read in professionalsoldiers forums that sometimes they disqualified guys for being too short so i got scared
>>
>>28081217
Damn, you know you're not THAT short, I mean I think they're talking about guys 5'6 and under.

But I would take their word over mine. Best advice I can give is to ask them. Or shadowspear.com

They have a bunch of SF guys over there
>>
>>28081199
I'm assuming that there are no international flights directly to "Kurdistan." Are you going to get a travel visa to Turkey?
>>
>>28081199
Some time age some dude started a gofundme or something to fight ISIS. He promised to bring a gopro and send footage to donors. Not sure if/how it worked out, but it seemed like a plausible idea.
>>
>>28081273
Last time I was there (circa 2012), there were fights coming into the airport in Irbil from Turkey and Jordan. You could also definitely charter a fight.
>>
>>28080824
Well IT's do bullshit troubleshooting, if you're into that. CTs do intelligence collection. The cool thing about that field is there are ways to get into NSW
>>
>>28081323
Hmm... maybe I could tap into Anonymous' hatred of them, and become their 'front line' man.

Because I would join my the Canadian Forces in a heartbeat if my lower back wasn't fucked up, which is one of the reasons I doubt I'd be in front line combat enough to get any good footage, not that I wouldn't gladly carry an AK and take the fight to the bastards.

>>28081273
Shit, you just reminded me that I'd need to get a new passport. I'm don't travel, so I hardly need to keep one up to date all the time. And I've read the old guides for how to travel to and meet with representatives of the Kurdish YPG, I'd just need to check for updates to it so I don't end up walking myself into an ISIS hostage video.
>>
>>28081173

You have to attend a course called BLC in order to be promoted to SGT. It takes less than a month, and it is not a hard course, but since the whole fucking enlisted Army has to go at some point it can take some time before you get your turn. Figure it takes you at least 6 months to get to your first unit (way more for some jobs), if you want to make SGT at 18 months you gotta get that BLC slot quick.
>>
>>28081150
Being short is better than being tall probably desu. Theoretically cheaper to clothe, feed and transport, better leverage for strength, less bodyweight to pound on your joints while running, smaller target, etc.
>>
>>28081454
This is an absolutely dumb idea. Even if you were fluent in Arabic they would have you cleaning toilets.
>>
>>28080580
They're entirely different jobs.
>>
>>28081484
how long does BLC last? And if I don't get it in the 18 months, will I have to wait the full 36?
>>
I got a 90 ASVAB and debating joining the Chair Force as PJ or Aerial Gunner. Should I? Will my recruiters feed me bullshit? I have some brass relatives (Major and Colonel) so i can get some letters of recommendation
>>
>>28081800
Dude, you're not getting promoted in the secondary zone. It will not happen. Plan on 36 months.
>>
>The Marine Commando Regiment will never be an actual thing

Anyway, Canadian question:
If I apply to Armour, will I get any say in whether or not I get assigned to a Coyote or Leopard? I'd like to be a Coyote Surv Op if I had any say in the matter, but beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>28081150
majority of operators are actually short guys, you have an advantage desu
>>
>>28081542
Hm, never thought about it that way.
Ty senpai
>>
>>28081879
damn son, i'm not even sure i want to enlist in the first place. chill out lol
>>
>>28081823
pls help guys
>>
>>28079913
Just graduated 68w ait. I loved the training but haven't gotten to my unit yet. WIll answer questions about training.
>>
File: 1441124431227.jpg (132 KB, 735x551) Image search: [Google]
1441124431227.jpg
132 KB, 735x551
I have

1) GED
2) Psych ward inpatient for bi-polar 1 year ago dont take meds
3) 2 charges for possesion marijuana and 2 charges for paraphenalia from 2 years ago
4) 3 speeding tickets 15 over all from 2 years ago
5) I fight forest fires and work on utility poles for a living right now, but always wanted to serve my country

Any chance of getting into any branch at all? I could get a pass from a psychogist for my mental health easily and I havent committed any misdemeanors for 2 years or longer.
>>
>>28082222
Right now 0%
If Syria reaches Afghan and Iraq heights 75%

The psych is what you have to fight against
>>
>>28082222

No way José. You'll just have to be content with your quads.
>>
>>28082222
Nope
>>
>>28081823
Yes recruiters will always feed you bullshit.

Do you want to help people or fly in helos and shoot at dust?
>>
>>28082575
I chose AF because that's where I felt I could do the most to help the country and those the USA is defending
>>
>>28082148
How's Sam Houston's weather? How's the females? Are they really huge sluts? Will I be able to fuck one?
>>
>>28082591
Yeah that's fine. But you have to understand that as an Aerial gunner(Which isn't an AFSC anymore, it's not Special Missions Aviation) you're never gonna get deployed, much less kill something.

As a PJ, not only will you be Operator, you'll be constantly doing shit. Humanitarian stuff, civilian rescues, and helping out during disasters.

PJ is the way to go. The only question is: Are you worthy of it?
>>
So my conscience needs some assuaging... or ravaging.

>Drove a friend of mine to a recruiter's office
>He's an international student from a war-torn part of Africa who wanted citizenship
>He is wanting citizenship, and his best option looked like the military
>Took him to recruiters
>Took him to the Air Force first (my dad and eventually my section of the service as an officer), they didn't know shit about MAVNI
>Navy, Marines, same story
>Finally took him to the Army
>They were looking to recruit MAVNI people, especially with his language skills
>It's a matter of him passing the ASVAB (just a matter of him practicing english) until he enters the reserves
>I may have just sent my friend into a warzone

Please, former army, tell me that he isn't going into a shooting gallery.
>>
>>28082666
where is he from?
>>
>>28082666

You're a faggot. Your friend is fine. Go back to your home board now.
>>
>>28082727

Angola. Which is close enough to Cameroon and the Congo that we might be sending troops within the next few years.
>>
Anybody have any experience with a PEB?

Currently in the process of being diagnosed with heart-lung disease. In order of what I want: Stay in, mission capable>Get medical separation>Stay in, non deployable CQ bitch status. The trick is that with such a broad limitation and an MOS that's not that physical, I'm pretty scared I'm gonna be in the awful sweet spot.

If I get a statement from my cardiologist and pulmonologist saying I'm good to go/fucked up do they just accept that or do the army docs pour over the charts/conduct their own tests?

One of the Medical Retention standards that might fuck me is "Can wear pro-mask" how do we define that?

If I'm stuck on permanent profile, can I at least leverage it to get out of dumb shit?
>>
>>28079028
Im a fat tub of shit and I want to enlist in the U.S NAvy to make something of myself. Im looking for a routine to cut down in order to sign on. I want to work on submarines.
>>
>>28082866
>im a fat tub of shit
I kek so hard in this shit i swear to god
>>
>>28081199
I've heard the Kurds don't want recruits who aren't genuinely invested in fighting for their cause
>>
>>28081823
Definitely PJ. PJ is hard as fuck though, pretty sure it has the highest washout rate in the armed forces. I see PJ the way most of /k/ sees rangers, but I don't know if I have what it takes or not. If I had a guarantee of getting to do something else I want if I washed out, I would go for it, but that obviously won't happen.
>>
File: 20151128_200030.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151128_200030.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>28079028
Got denied by the psyche evaluation because according to the psychologist, I have poor social adaptability.
She also put a 12 month block on my application.

Should I go make friends and try again next Christmas or should I just hang myself?
>>
>>28080669
Don't b jelly :)
>>
>>28081150
Stop over training and being a paranoid little bitch, that might help

You think recon is full of basketball players and midgets? 5'7" is avg height.
I can tell you straight up you will fuck yourself if you overtrain before you even leave for basic.
>>
>>28081454
Buddy... I admire your courage but focus on life in your country, not some arabian shithole.
>>
>>28083780
>according to the psychologist, I have poor social adaptability.
>Should I go make friends and try again next Christmas or should I just hang myself

Bro...
>>
>>28083780

>psych eval

I joined in 06... I don't remember that.

I remember duckwalking and spreading my ass at MEPS, no psych eval.

What did you do nigger? Check mark the box 'yes' on the question "do you want to bodily harm yourself" or something.

At any rate you didn't know better enough to lie, so yeah an hero is your option.

Live stream it for >>>/b/

Moms gonna flip!
>>
File: 1443099115933.jpg (141 KB, 698x659) Image search: [Google]
1443099115933.jpg
141 KB, 698x659
>>28084283
>duckwalking
did that.
Im Australian, so the process is different to burgers
>>28084282
wasnt serious about the hanging myself
but nah, didnt check that box
i answered honestly with well thought out answers but the thing is i have barely the oppotunity to talk to my friends nowadays because they're busy with shit and im working full time.
>>
Does anyone else here want to be a lifer?
Put just 20 in (hopefully more than that) and you can collect a sweet ass pension.

My great-grandfather retired from the navy a commander, and along with one or two other pensions, makes 9,000 a month (!!).

Would the military let you stay if you really wanted to? Obviously I understand that you need to be competent and rank up in a timely manner, but do they encourage people to stay?
>>
File: 1447041648290.jpg (133 KB, 385x509) Image search: [Google]
1447041648290.jpg
133 KB, 385x509
>>28084616
aye,
im >>28083780 and i definitly want to be a lifer too.
pension is pretty sweet but i like to think that serving your country with the best years of your life are worthwhile by itself.
>>
>>28084349
>i answered honestly with well thought out answers

You must have come across pretty badly in the interview. I did my psych interview a bit over a month ago and was given the highest recommendation -- the doctor even pushed for me to go through the OSB, and I even have a history of depression.
>>
>>28083780
>>28084349
pls gibe info on psych test for fellow Aussie

What were the disqualifying answers you gave?

I'm scared of
>>"so how often do you hang out with friends?"
>"I-I haven't had a friend since high school, I'm a kissless, virgin btw"
>>
File: 1449217242107.jpg (69 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
1449217242107.jpg
69 KB, 500x670
>>28084722
Im pretty sure i came across as a dumb shit
Psyche evaluator even said "you do have the aptitude, that much is very clear, but you dont seem to apply yourself" when referring to my grades from 2 years ago when i finished HS.
>>
>>28084616

Most of doing 20 years is on you, but some of it is dumb luck. Sometimes you get injured or are in a job that just doesn't get promoted.

Most people don't make it to 20 because they don't want to though. The pension is very good, but it's a lot of bullshit to go through and you have to give the military all of your prime years.
>>
Does anyone know how difficult it is to re enlist for the 18X program with prior service? I'm an active duty 11B, and my contract is about to end up. I'm well on my way to an honorable discharge and I've served satisfactorily during my whole time in.

I like the army and what it has done for me, but I feel like I'm wasting my youth sometimes. I'm always out training or on rotation to places like Poland or Germany. I really want to go to college and try things like dating, blow, partying, etc. You know, all of the things civilians get to enjoy. I've never gotten to do these things because of my job and living on post. However, I really want to get back in after I get a degree. I've heard 18X could be a way to get back in, but I've also heard not to count on it. I could do green to gold to be safe, but being an officer doesn't quite appeal to me. I still want to do on the ground work.

tl;dr, I want to get out of the Army, go to college, and get back in. 18X, green to gold, or just stay in?
>>
>>28084870
>I really want to go to college and try things like dating, blow, partying, etc.

Minus the blow, you can probably get back in as an 18X as long as you are in good physical health and keep your record clean.

Getting out, getting a degree, and coming back for SF is dumb though. You're already a qualified infantryman, just drop your SF packet or go be a civilian. At least going to get your degree to be an officer makes sense. I can almost guarantee your plan won't work, but not because they won't let you back in. You will find a girl or get fat in college, or realize you didn't love the suck that much. Only way you're going to saunter back into the recruiter's office for another term of bullshit after that is if you fail the fuck outta college and don't have any prospects.
>>
>>28080957
>>
>>28084732
they want sporty chad with big group of friends
>>
>>28084273
>Kurds =/= arabs
They're an entirely different ethnic group.
>>
>>28079028
Would you guys go fight ISIS in Iraq with special forces veterans?
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x320
What does /meg/ think of women in combat roles?
>>
>>28084616
That 20-years-in-full-pension will be ending for those entering the armed forces in 2018. Just an FYI.
It's being replaced by a sort of 401(k) system but that anyone can use, not necessarily just those who did a full 20 years. Let's just hope the market does well for their sake.

>thoughts and prayers for your service
>>
>>28085450
I think it's an excellent idea. I'm sure infantry guys get frustrated while out in the field, this should be a good solution to that. Although perhaps issuing pocket pussies would have much the same effect.
>>
>>28085450
As long as they don't lower any standards for Infantry (as in NONE, which includes hair) I'd be okay with it.

However, I suspect unit cohesion and camaraderie would wane a bit. Infantry is a hyper-masculine environment and it's probably better that way.
>>
>>28085462
lol, it's funny because the military has a huge problem with sexual assault.
>>
>>28085455
Protip, it won't
>>
>>28085551
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/benefits/retirement/2015/11/23/reiterment-changes-choices/76049640/
>>
>>28085551
Even if the market is shit, the new plan is better for most people.

The current retirement plan is nearly useless for most people since they don't make it to 20.
>>
>>28082614
>>28083326
Those of you not aware, PJ washout rate is mostly due to the pool. If you learn how to not drown as much, you'll be much better off than the washout average. The 2nd hardest part is learning how to be a medic on top of SOF tier PT. It appears to be one of the most rewarding military jobs however.
>>
>>28080957
E-4 15T here.

It's not a hard job to get. It's not super in-demand, obviously.

It's a fun job, if you like tinkering on machines. It's not too difficult, since there's a manual for anything anyway. Plus, at the discretion of your unit you can get assigned to be a crew chief and actually go flying.

It's got some pretty good career options as well, all the way up to pilot.
>>
>>28082866
Do SS and work on C25K on your rest days. It's ok to start out with just SS or just C25K for a couple weeks, going from nothing to alternate lifting and running every day is pretty dramatic.
>>
>>28085450
I don't really have a problem with it. >>28085466 has a good point though. Not many women will want to go in if they're going to get aggressively hit on by the whole unit and the chance of rape would probably be fucking stellar. I doubt many women want combat roles very much anyway.
>>
>>28085597
Anyone know how to prepare for watercon besides just swimming laps?
>>
>>28085966
>I doubt many women want combat roles very much anyway.

Probably not, but no one likes to be told that they CAN'T do something. That's a sentiment /k/ should be able to empathize with.

Now that women aren't specifically barred from combat roles, they'll stop complaining about it and they'll settle in to being a tiny minority in combat units. They'll get back to complaining about unfair promotion practices and rampant sexual assaults.
>>
>>28085977
You have to be comfortable in the water.
Throw a handful of pennies in the pool and see how many you can get in one breath.
Have a friend pretend to be a drowning victim and let you drag him or her around in the pool, rescue-swimmer fashion.
>>
File: 1406291880994.png (140 KB, 594x514) Image search: [Google]
1406291880994.png
140 KB, 594x514
>At MEPS
>While I was waiting 4 hours for the job consultant I overhear some guy saying that he got a 7(07) on the ASVAB and his dream was 36
>>
>>28086065
I'll give those a shot. If I feel like a strong swimmer when I graduate (college) I very well may go for PJ. I'm already about at the minimum physical requirements and I have 2 years left to prepare.

>>28086079
Always good to have dreams I guess. What the hell do you even qualify for with a 7?
>>
>>28086079
>grew up in an upper-middle class town in Massachusetts with an excellent educational system
>was a smart kid, hung out with other smart kids
>decided to enlist after college (ok, maybe not so smart after all)
>take the ASVAB, it's a piece of cake
>a whole bunch of fellows around me were fretting about how hard it is

Anon, the military attracts plenty of smart people, but a whole fuckload of really fucking stupid people. As a (presumably) educated anon, you will feel a distinct sense of alienation from a lot of your fellow servicemen and women because you simply cannot relate to someone who couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel.
>>
>>28086142
Oh, also: Swim in open water. Swimming in chop is a lot harder than swimming in a pool and makes you a much stronger swimmer. Swim in a lake if you get the opportunity.
>>
>>28086191
swimming in the ocean is easier than swimming in a pool or lake. Oceans have currents, yes, but if you keep your body shallow, you mostly have to worry about the direction you're going.

In fresh water, you're worried about the direction you're going AND staying afloat. I swam in the ocean every weekend for like 2 years, never touching a pool. First time I swam in a pool after that, I kept thinking "Why the fuck do I keep SINKING?"
>>
>>28084616
I want to be a lifer as well.

I'm going to stay in the Air Force as long as possible. 20 years at a minimum.
>>
>>28085977
What I did when I trained for the PAST:

I bought a book called a Total Immersion in Amazon. Great book will help you a lot.

I have a standard sized pool(About 50m) and I would do underwater to and back in one breath. A little challenge that kept my lungs healthy.

Drown proofing. Now this is dangerous, so always have someone watching you when you do this. I would have my hands and feet tied together with some Velcro lifting straps and I would practice not freaking the fuck out in the water. I used Velcro because if I was actually about to drown I could just break it. But I practiced being calm and cool.

I also got a book called "Becoming The Iceman" written by a man named Wim Hof. He holds several world records, for holding his breath, and swimming freely in arctic waters. Also for running a marathon in the arctic circle barefoot and shirtless. His mediation and breathing methods are amazing and I was able to get used to cold water(I started going in my pool in the wintertime) and manage my breathing way better.
>>
>>28084616
>Would the military let you stay if you really wanted to?

No. The military is unsympathetic. If you are passed-over for promotion enough times, you clearly lack the will or ability to advance yourself and then the military has no use for you Your job can be filled by someone younger, cheaper and with more drive.
>>
>>28086218
Can confirm, Total Immersion is a great book. Once you figure out how to align your body in the water, your swimming efficiency increases exponentially.
>>
Enlisting in the Air Force hoping to get 1C6X1. Assuming I score well, how hard is it to get it?
>>
>>28086781
space systems ops? supposed to be pretty competitive.
>>
If I enlist in the AF with a bachelor's degree, will that degree affect opportunities to commission if my GPA was too low to go through OTS? If so, would having a bachelor's with a low GPA coming in effectively lock me out of any chances to become an officer?
>>
>>28087034
Well, you should have the credits for E3, which is nice.
>>
>>28085675
easy promotions? are you planning on going WO?

i have a shitty technical/vocational diploma, would that translate well? I'm assuming blackhawks are a little different than chevys and fords
>>
1A8x1 here, going to basic Jan 5.

Any info about the DLI or being an airborne linguist would be great. I'm pretty excited.
>>
I want to join up but i have a fear of heights. I know you don't HAVE to jump, but it would adversely affect promotions, i'm assuming. Anyone with a fear of heights have any insight to jump school/training?
>>
It's easy to think you want to do 20 years when you haven't even taken the oath yet. Once you're in your feelings will change, I guarantee it. The only guys I know who are staying til retirement already have over 10 in and all of them hate the Army.
>>
>>28087172
I'm a pilot. I don't like heights.
>>
>>28080190
Just wait for the draft, brother.
>>
>>28087198
mind if i ask how you do it? I cant even get on the roof to clean the gutters
>>
>>28087278
Well I don't have that level of phobia. It's different being strapped in and having triple redundant systems.
>>
>>28086191
>>28086208
I grew up like a mile from a lake and that's where my dad still lives, but it's not ever really rough at all. Better than nothing or a smooth pool though probably, yeah?
>>
>>28087331
You had to jump though, how was it? Just close your eyes and do it?
>>
>>28086218
>>28086730
I'll check em out, thanks anons

>>28087034
What was your GPA? If it's too low you're not even eligible, and if it's just ok you can probably become an officer but not have much say in what field you're in. However as the other anon said you should start at E3 which is a bonus.

>>28087073
Obviously the specifics wouldn't translate but general experience with mechanical work, combustion engines, drivetrains etc. will give you a boost.
>>
>>28087172
What are you talking about with jumping? What service do you want? Are you talking about being a ranger? If you want to be in the Navy, they don't give a shit if you know how to use a parachute. Most Army infantry aren't airborne trained either. What the hell are you talking about, son?
>>
Will I be able to join any branch(looking towards the navy) from my medical/criminal history? I grew up with a mother with borderline personality disorder, so needless to say I had issues. Counseling on and off, prescribed xanax for anxiety but rarely ever took it(mother sold it), some kind of depression meds and stuff. I don't know if I was ever given an "official" diagnosis for anything though. I feel like I am very sociable and well adjusted now. Especially after I started working retail and moved far away from my mother.
Also in 9th grade I was trying to make friends and gave three people xanax on school campus and got in trouble. I was given differed adjudication and wasn't actually charged for anything, but could it still affect enlistment?
>>
>>28087378
when you went 15t what was your plan? to fly?
>>
>>28087398
army and i assumed everyone jumps at some point
>>
File: 2 3 fa firing.jpg (25 KB, 540x633) Image search: [Google]
2 3 fa firing.jpg
25 KB, 540x633
>Ctrl+F 13B
>no results
You kids want to have fun right? Trust me, artillery is the only way to go. Let me tell you why
>get to shoot big guns
>GUARANTEED confirmed kills without ever being in harm's way
>get to do Basic/AIT in scenic Oklahoma
>you get promoted very quickly for being combat arms
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

t. not a 13b
>>
>>28087415
I'm not the 15t guy
>>
>>28087493
who the hell are you
>>
>>28087378

2.2, which is pretty bad. I wouldn't mind just being assigned a field if it comes to that. Any idea if pursuing an MA in something would be a viable alternative?
>>
>>28087410
That's pretty grey since there's no real proof of you ever having issues. You would have to talk to an actual psychiatrist or recruiter to get a good idea.

>>28087423
The vast majority of people in the military never jump. Not sure where you got that idea.
>>
>>28087501
???

>>28087506
I don't think you're even eligible to be an officer with a 2.2. If you successfully earn an MA you will probably become eligible. Pretty sure you can do ROTC in grad school as well.
>>
>>28087508
tv and movies, probably
>>
>>28087516

Yeah, I figure. Not too broken up, enlisting with the expectation of commissioning sounds like a recipe for failure anyways.
>>
>>28085450
I think it's fucking stupid, and I think the fence-sitting platitude of "it's okay as long as they meet the standards!" is equally fucking stupid.

There's far more potential issues with integration than anything we stand to benefit from. I don't think we went into this with the mindset of "are women going to enhance our combat capabilities?", we went into it with the mindset of "muh equality". We went into it with the mindset of "figure out how you're going to integrate women", not "should we integrate women?". We gave each branch just a measly handful of years in peacetime to evaluate women, and let's be realistic, the exemption process was a fucking joke and was never going to actually be seriously considered. That whole thing was a dog and pony show.

"Standards" aren't some almighty metric by which all are equal. Disregarding the fact that the few handful of women that generally made it through shit like ITB did so BARELY skirting the minimum standards (which isn't going to be remotely acceptable as soon as they make it into any combat MOS), the simple fact remains that women's bodies are built differently from men's. Being able to do as many pushups or run as fast as a man isn't going to change that. Women are far, far, far more likely to suffer injury. There's a wide multitude of other elements of the way the female body is designed that make it inferior to men's for combat and load-bearing applications, but that's arguably the biggest one.

At the end of the day, the numbers speak for themselves. Women made it through ITB at abysmal rates, and none made it through IOC. The Integrated Task Force resulted in abysmal performance for women as well. The ITF also raises questions as to the effects of integrating women into all-male units. There was a *TON* of fucking drama, camaraderie and morale went to shit, it was just a shitshow. I'd rant more, but I'm running out of character space. It's just a thoroughly bad idea.
>>
>>28087655

You know there is a thread stickied about this very topic with over 400 replies, and you're in here discussing it with DEPers...

Take your tl;dr post there.
>>
>>28087541
Enlisting affects a OCS/OTS packet not at all. If you have the GPA, enlisting won't help. If you don't, it still won't help.
>>
>>28087692
Excuse me for responding to a post in this thread. Really, I apologize for contributing to a discussion that was started in this thread. What exactly was I thinking, discussing a major change regarding military policy in a thread full of people interesting in joining the military? How absurd of me. I should really sit down and rethink my actions.

>tl;dr
Lol
>>
>>28087719
>interesting
Whoops, interested*
>>
>>28087719

I was just telling you if you want to discuss it probably get better conversation in that thread. I was saying it in the 4chan way, you know rudely.
>>
>>28087073
>easy promotions? are you planning on going WO?

Not personally planning on going WO, but it's certainly possible.
Now, no promotion is truly "easy" or "hard" because it's based on a points system. Really, a lot of it depends on luck. If there's a lack of, say, E-5's in your particular field, the points needed to promote are adjusted down. If there's too many, the points are adjusted up. Merit doesn't have as much to do with it.

>i have a shitty technical/vocational diploma, would that translate well? I'm assuming blackhawks are a little different than chevys and fords

The technical knowledge you need to maintain a Blackhawk is taught to you. If you can get a 101 on MM in the ASVAB, you're all set. Personally, when I enlisted, the most sophisticated machine I could maintain was a ten-speed. It's about being able to understand a machine, not having any prior knowledge or skill.
>>
>>28087454
It's like some niggas don't even want to be kings of battle.
>>
>>28088197
Why is the artillery called the king of battle?
>>
>>28081823
>>28083326
>>28085597

I'm also either considering PJ, but if you're interested in doing that I'd also recommend you look into Navy SARC. I want to do something medical and help people, but I fear if I washout of PJ indoc I'll be stuck with a bs job. With SARC if you wash out the pipeline you'll still be doing something medical for sure in my understanding. From what I read you won't be with the special forces, but good chance of being assigned to special forces like MARSOC, and though not SF, recon. I also think I heard mention about SEALS liking SARC's to join them.

Take a look anon, you might find it appealing, I know i'm leaning for that. Just giving you another option

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_reconnaissance_corpsman
>>
>>28088483
It's from some book. The infantry is called the Queen of Battle because, like in chess, the queen is the most versatile piece. The infantry/queen also has the capacity to show mercy, since it/she gets up close and sees the face of the enemy.
The artillery is the King of Battle since his is killing power delivered swiftly, without recourse for mercy and doesn't even bother looking at his enemy's face.
>>
>>28087454
>>28088197
>>28088483
>>28088527

Artillery sounds pretty fucking awesome. Are there any 13Bs who have any experiences to share?
>>
Like, 99% of posters here are wanting special operations. Some of them are even doing the classic "Should I go SEALs or Delta" as if it's a given they'll get through.

These threads ought to be labeled /Broken Dreams General/
>>
>>28088629
>These threads ought to be labeled /Broken Dreams General/

I thought it was /lao/ - Lying About Operating General
>>
>>28088629
Shit, bro. This is /k/. The only reason you go into the military is to shoot people.
Fuck me if you go into the military and end up with a lame-ass job as a mechanic or a cook. You shouldn't even be allowed to call yourself a veteran at that point.
>>
>>28079916
I haven't signed but have volunteered for nuclear power, because I'm a masochist.
>>
>>28088593
Sure. I spent 3 years at Fort Sill and 5 years at Fort Bliss.
The work you do revolves around what piece you will be on. If you're on an M119 (light towed) or M777 (heavy towed), you could spend hours or even days in the field emplaced in one spot. If you are on an M109 Paladin (self propelled), you may move around a lot, but the Paladin is considered to be the easiest piece since it's easy as shit to pack up and emplace.

Be warned though, you can be suited to perform infantry work (aka maneuvers) at any time. I spent most of my time in maneuvers.

All in all, there is nothing like firing a 155mm round. Often we would have senior leadership and other soldiers such as medics, cooks, or commo guys ask to pull the lanyard.
>>
>>28079028
I've been thinking about joining the ADF reserves.
Anything I should know?
>>
File: LilGrill3.jpg (205 KB, 827x776) Image search: [Google]
LilGrill3.jpg
205 KB, 827x776
>>28085045
>they want sporty chad with big group of friends
How do I pretend to be that?

>Hey, I really like music festivals and watching netflix with friends
>Yeah, I'm currently in a relationship and have seen a vagina in person before
>I don't think depression exists
>I really like gym, my favorite machine is the chest one
>Anime? Is that some Indian food?
>>
>>28083780
BRISBANE
R
I
S
B
A
N
E
>>
>>28082594
Desert cold sucks ass. First morning of bullis was when I first felt it. Got there in August and three people nearly fell out as heat casualties. Got cold beginning of November. Some of the chicks are hot but you will catch something. Pretty easy to get laid though if you don't mind getting a hotel for a few hours. some company busted a couple Fucking behind the dumpsters by the barracks. Pretty funny honestly.
>>
>>28088073
Why aren't you trying for WO? don't you need that to fly?
>>
>>28089942
Is there good potential for promotion?

My brother is just finishing up artillery school (he washed out of some 35 series school). I don't know if he likes it yet.
>>
>>28090807
There are 2 types of warrants, aviation and technical or walking warrants.
>>
>>28090807
You do need it to fly, but I'm not interested in it, honestly.
>>
So if I'm able bodied, within all physical requirements and not with any medical dq's, no criminal history but graduating hs, is it guaranteed that I am able to enlist in the army/marines?
>>
Took my asvab the other day. Fat guy who administered the test said I got a 94 out of 99. Pretty gud right? Thing is I just want to be a Gunner's Mate. Will the Navy let me do this or will they make me do some stupid techie/engineer job?
>>
>>28090924
They'll probably pressure you towards nuke or CT or something but they wouldn't actually stop you even if the MOS you really wanted was 420F- Just Drowns Himself
>>
>>28090981
My recruiter is an African dude whonis very to the point. He's a little hard to understand on the phone. Can you clear up for me how the contracting works in the Navy? Like I contract for a certain job right? If I wanted Gunner's Mate, I'd contract for that right? They can't fuck me and say thats what I'm doing then make me a nuke or something?
>>
>>28091027
get everything in writing.
>>
>>28088629
lol not everyone on 4chan is a degenerate who doesn't lift like you
>>
>>28091155
Sorry mate but statistically you are more likely to fail SO selection than pass no matter how well you prepare
>>
>>28086218
>I have a standard sized pool(About 50m) and I would do underwater to and back in one breath. A little challenge that kept my lungs healthy.

50m is an olympic sized pool. that's impressive. actually i don't believe you.
>>
>>28091326
Not him but a good swimmer can actually make the 100m deceptively fast
>>
>>28079028
I, for one, support women in combat roles. Their experiences there will show womyn first hand that women and men are not just the same thing separated by a social construct.
>>
File: nope engineer 1.jpg (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
nope engineer 1.jpg
7 KB, 180x180
>>28086218
>I have a standard sized pool(About 50m) and I would do underwater to and back in one breath.
>>
>>28091357
underwater and in one breath?

i was hitting 4k freestyle in the pool. no way in fuck could i do 100m on the bottom.

50m? maybe. 100? no.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 640x1136
>>28091640
>>28091397
>>28091357
>>28091326
Sorry, I'm pretty bad with measurements.

Well I can swim the entirety of this, twice, in one breath.

Most people I know can't even do one underwater, never mind two. So it's an achievement for me
>>
>>28091640
I can barely swim 50m across a pool, maybe i should not try to be an NFO
i can do it, im just not a good swimmer, pararescue was something that i was always interested in, seems like an amazing thing to do
>>
>>28088505
>From what I read you won't be with the special forces, but good chance of being assigned to special forces

Can you elaborate? They are with special forces but not in combat?
>>
>>28091733
ok. a meter is slightly larger than a yard, a bit over 3 feet. so you were claiming 300 ft. that looks to be a 15m pool, maybe 20. a standard lap pool is 25m. you're probably doing about 30m.

i would consider that an acheivement sure, that 's actually pretty good. it's just not 100m, which is superman shit.

but congrats anyway.
>>
>>28091761
the best way to become a good swimmer is to swim a lot. it's really simple, and unless you're trying to win at the olympics then straight volume is going to get you a long way. just put the time in and you'll get there.

i had to re-teach myself to swim as an adult. it just takes time.

you can throw in different shit, strokes, tempo, distances, to break up the monotony, and lap swimming gets real fucking monotonous. but at the end of the day it's really about mileage. and the best thing to help improve technique is also mileage. it'll feel like a cluster to start with, but then when you get back in the pool the next time it will be noticeably different.
>>
>>28091771

This is what happens when you don't differentiate Special Forces and Special Operations Forces. SF is the Army unit with the funny green hats, SOF is a term that encompasses a bunch of coolguy units across all branches.
>>
>>28091317
The statistics are skewed with 18 year old scrubs who join because they played a video game one time just to quit within the first hour. It's like saying that I'm statistically likely to die heart disease in the next year because 600k Americans die every year. I'm sure that if you broke down every SOF class and categorized them by their age, fitness level, and education level, those statistics would change.
>>
>>28091382
See, that's why I have a mixed feeling about this. On one hand I'm worried that their presence will be detrimental for... everything, but on the other hand it could be an opportunity for many women to learn firsthand what it's really like. Maybe even convince a few of them the shut the fuck up once the bodies start coming back...
>>
>>28092031
>On one hand I'm worried that their presence will be detrimental for... everything
There's this expression, it's darkest before the dawn.
>>
File: 1420404008675.jpg (19 KB, 317x800) Image search: [Google]
1420404008675.jpg
19 KB, 317x800
>>28091811
i need to find a pool in my area, man i've always wanted to do something like csar shit. but im almost done with my officer application shit in the navy and im not in that kind of peak physical shape. but fuck
>>
File: chornoble.jpg (21 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
chornoble.jpg
21 KB, 200x250
>>28092056
Profound my compatriot, profound.
>>
>>28092130
just do it man. that's the way you get things done. just do it.
>>
>>28092130
Do it. The worst they can do is reject you.
>>
>>28079028
What is the tattoo culture like in the Navy and Coast guard? Do sailors still do that kinda stuff?
>>
>>28092426
it's governed by military standards. No offensive tattoos, no tattoos on the hand and neck, etc.

Generally, tattoos are an extremely convenient tool for officers to be able to easily discern at a glance whom they will not be promoting any time soon.
>>
File: Nav2015Adv.png (621 KB, 1138x941) Image search: [Google]
Nav2015Adv.png
621 KB, 1138x941
Here's something you navy-oriented types might like. I went and found the advancement quotas for this year, so if you are ever curious about how fast a certain rate advances, you can check it here instead of asking a bunch of people for their opinions.
>>
So what MRE's should I avoid?
>>
File: 411.jpg (32 KB, 720x477) Image search: [Google]
411.jpg
32 KB, 720x477
>>28090843
For sergeant, points aren't as low as they used to be. They fluctuate between the maximum to mid range. If you get your promotable status, it's only a matter of time though.

If you're asking in regard to E-1 through E-4, then it's up in the air. Don't sweat getting to E-3 before your peers, but do try to get E-4 with a waiver. If you win a soldier of the month board and show competence, it should be a breeze.
>>
>>28079028
>call mom, tell her im joining military
>she cried like crazy at work,
She got embarrassed, and i feel like shit, expected her to yell, not cry
>>
>>28093149
Wish my mom would have cried.
>tell her that I've decided to enlist
>sighs deeply "whatever, anon"
>hasn't said more than three words in a row to me since
It's been nearly a month, and I'm 99% certain she's trying to forget the fact I exist. Okay, she's liberal leaning, but she's not militant. I didn't think she react like this.
>>
>>28093187
She'll turn around anon, family always does. It's a fact.
>>
>>28091733
That's nowhere even close to 50m. That might be 10m.
>>
>>28091839
I want to believe you on that, it would encourage me. Does anyone have evidence for there being loads of 18 year old scrubs boosting the washout rates?
>>
>>28093477
Mostly anecdotal from a ranger who told me about the average 18X washout. But there was an anon in a previous thread who said the same thing.
>>
>>28092426
Get an anchor tattoo or whatever you fancy after you get out. As the other anon said even something like an anchor tattoo on your chest is technically totally fine but still might get you passed over.
>>
>>28093539
>>28093477

Your average 18X has a higher pass rate in SFAS. However, the failure rate for 18X types in the Q is orders of magnitude higher and something no one talks about. Why? Because SFAS is nothing but a gut-check, yes it's hard and it fucking sucks, but at the end that's all it is, it's nothing special. The Q however is not designed to take some schmo off the street in turn him into a member of Special Forces, it's designed to take individuals with a pre-existing expertise or mastery of -10 level skills and a good degree of knowledge with -20 level skills acquired through time and experience in the Army and give them specialized training.
>>
Any 15B or 15Y here? I'd like to know what it's like
>>
>>28093632
>-10 level skills -20 skills

What do these mean?
>>
>>28093686

My bad.

Basic ass skills like map reading, weapon maintenance, little nuances that you can't really be educated in, you just learn them through experience. There's also a certain degree of experience enhanced judgement that comes with it. Things like "Up the spur or through this bog" kind of shit.
>>
>>28093700
so what percentage of 18xs actually make it?
also what happens to the 18xs that don't make it?
>>
>>28093745

I can't give you exact numbers because I don't have them, I do however have it on good authority (my Dad works for Nintendo!) that it's not good.

Drop outs get sent Worldwide, that means you're an 11B with an Airbore qualification that can be sent anywhere 11Bs are.
>>
>>28093700
It sounds like if you are a sharp person, they are things you can easily pick up though.
>>
>>28093539
Any idea for other SOF? I'm looking at Air Force SOF probably.
>>
>>28093778
so if I want to be an 11b is there no harm in trying the 18x route?

I've narrowed my choices down to 11b or combat engineer, 18c really piques my interest but I'm having a hard time trying to put on weight.
is there a guide somewhere on how to build mass endurance?
I tried /fit/ but all I got was memes and do steroids
>>
>>28093986
/fit/ here what is your goal? What do you need to improve?
>>
So are there any Sailors here who have taken the advanced placement test? What should I study for?
>>
>>28093998
gaining mass
im only just barely better than a hungry skeleton
I work out and my muscles feel sore so I think good there repairing themselves and gaining muscle but I don't see any improvement.
should I eat alot and protein on my rest days or my workout day
triceps in particular are my weak spots which sucks because I know im gonna have to do a shit ton of push ups if I go military
>>
>>28094025
every man for himself bitch
>>
>>28093986
Guaranteed you went

>Hey /fit/, going to a special forces operator soon, what are some exercises I can do at home to help bulk up and get more fit?

>>28094329
Literally read the sticky

Look into circuit training. The types of training that MMA fighters do generally crosses over with military type fitness.

I used to be quite fit (70 pushups, 25 pullups, 500+ situps) but became fat and sedentary (10 pushups max) and now I'm trying to get fit again. My plan is to build up base strength with heavy weights, increasing the weight every session, until I can't progress easily any more then branch off to more reps and circuit training type stuff and do more cardio.

A base of strength and proper form for exercise IS important
>>
>>28090633
>Desert cold sucks ass

>San Antonio
>Desert

LaughingTexan.jpg
>>
>>28094329
Pretty much just need to eat more. Focus on getting enough protein on workout days. You can basically eat like a fucking pig if you need to gain that much weight. Try to get most of your carbs from whole grains, and shoot for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of your bodyweight per day, or more. Do you drink protein shakes? If not, start drinking 1-2 per day, make them with milk, not water. What's your diet like right now? And what are your workouts?
>>
any fags ever gotten surgery to remove their gynecomastia?
my situation hasn't gotten better i feel it more sensitive and mild pain on-and-off from my nips
i really wouldn't mind if i have to go into my pocket, i just want this shit gone if tricare won't cover it.
>>
>>28094487
Doubles advocate here and am going to sa, if you're going to be at a gym with free weights, you're better off with doing a non-circuit routine. It's just really difficult to do a circuit workout if you can only really do one free weight workout at a time. I personally would say Greyskull LP (can download the 2nd edition online) is the best novice routine because it's a full body routine and, unlike SS, realizes that a one size fits all approach to a routine is insanity. Instead it gives you a few options and customization, but most importantly it tells you to train to failure (failure to do another rep with good form) on your last set, which allows you to constantly be aware of progress.

And instead of doing the recommended 5 reps per set on the compound lifts, do 8 or 10 even since you're looking to train for lots of sustained reps rather than a few explosive ones. Add in a running regime on off days and you're good for about a year of training. Most importantly though is you should do research yourself, /fit/'s sticky is a good place to start but not an authority.
>>
Graduating college next Saturday.

I've got a guaranteed job that'll pay about 45k a year, but man that student loan repayment and not having to pay rent thing is a hell of a draw.

I'm thinking I want to do something much more technical than my Political Science degree would normally lead me to. 68W, 68N (and maybe retrain as a nurse once I get out of the Army), or something in the Signal Corps, or in Intel.

>inb4 OCS

I don't have the grades, and don't want to sit around for 6-12 months waiting for a board to come up.
>>
>>28094716
how do I find what weight to do for my reps?
and how do I tell when I need to increase the weight?
>>
>>28095230
start with just the bar even if it seems too easy and work up. move on when you can do a set on a weight somewhat comfortably
>>
>>28095230
Trial and error pretty much. For both of those.
>>
>>28095230
Go to /fit/

>>28095251
>>28095277
wrong and wrong
>>
I wish I could enlist, but with the US on the verge of another civil war it just seems like it'd be too much trouble.
>>
>>28093868
Even if you are a quick study, you are "picking up" those necessary skills in an environment where other candidates with more experience already have them learned or possibly mastered. It means that you're basically behind the whole time in an environment that is designed in such a way that only the very best will earn the tab.
>>
>>28094891
>student loan repayment

Not a thing right now. SLRP only exists when they are hurting for recruits. The upside is that you usually have to trade the GI Bill for SLRP on your first contract, so at least you will get the GI Bill instead. Hope you didn't fuck yourself with a ton of student loans.

> 45k/yr civvy job

Actually not hard to beat in the military. You would be pulling around that much if you joined as an E4 and were married. As a single E4, though, you will be living in the barracks and definitely getting nowhere near that. It would be probably 3-4 years until you got out of the barracks until you exceeded that amount while single, depending on service.
>>
Do reserves/guard receive health benefits?
>>
>>28093676
Bumping. I highly doubt all you fags are Tru Operators
>>
>>28079028
>tfw can't decide if I want to go military or Uni to study science

fuck, does anyone else know this feel? I feel like whichever option I choose I'm missing out massively.
>>
>>28096691
the 15t guy was in here last night, that's as close as you get
>>
>>28096714
why not join the military and then go to school

ive seen multiple fags post here that they practically get paid to go to school while serving
>>
>>28096722
as far as I'm aware that's not a bongistan thing

plus that would mean leaving the military only 4 or 5 years in and then only leaving education in my 30s which would leave me way behind everyone else financially
>>
>>28096732
Or just go to school, get your degree, and serve as an officer you dumb britbong
>>
>>28096732
these kids that think their life ends at 40 lol
>>
>>28096770
yeah, might give that a look actually. Apparently I can get a £7k scholarship if I pass all the entry requirements before starting Uni. I'm assuming it's £7k a year, though. And not just a one off sum of £7k for my entire undergraduate study.

>>28096780
I don't want my children to be autistic man
>>
>>28096797
You're probably a little bit autistic if you go this website already.
>>
>>28096804
>tfw my dad and brother are both autistic

I suppose I just don't want to exacerbate the issue any further.
>>
>>28096821
I know for a fact my cousin is autistic, and when I was in High School my teacher recommended I talk to my doctor about ass burgers.

Never did tho
>>
>>28096831
desu I don't actually think I have the 'tism. My mum works with autistic children a lot as part of her job and is pretty good at understanding all the symptoms and stuff. I have no excuse for being a 4chins browsing degenerate.
>>
Sup guys, apachebro here with time to kill in case anyone had any specific questions.
>>
>>28096927
whats the day to day for a 15t?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 800x533
>>28096940
>apachebro
>asks about blackhawks
>>
>>28096940
Come in for your shift, see what major maintenance tasks you're assigned that day or what's going on with your specific aircraft, do said work, if you're lucky go fly.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x398
>>28096927
>>28096940
>>
>>28096954
you think he doesn't know?

is it really that much different, day to day?
>>
>>28096960
wicked, thanks man
>>
>>28096979
No man, it's literally what I described above, only difference is apache crewchiefs go back to doing maintenance when the aircraft takes off
>>
>>28096987
what do you do during downtime?
>>
>>28096994
Sit around and talk shit or do other army stuff. All units have additional duties you'll be assigned in addition to your primary MOS. I've been everything from the CBRN guy to the comms guy.
>>
vodka is a good weapon
>>
>>28097016
no argument there tbvh
>>
>>28097011
good shit, thanks
>>
>>28096927
Are you 15Y? Cause that's what I'm looking into. What's AIT like for you? And I thought the Apache was a 2 person heli, so you're on weapons? Or how does that work
>>
>>28097496
I'm a pilot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.