[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the longest you been awake ? Any advice on how stay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Navida has joined isis.webm (731 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
Navida has joined isis.webm
731 KB, 426x240
what's the longest you been awake ?

Any advice on how stay awake and still be alert?
>>
>>28077895
occupy yourself with something at all times, keep light bright, lots of blue
>>
>>28077895
I stayed awake for 72 hours once i felt like dying
>>
>>28077895
The longest I have gone is 5 days with out sleep but I was in a hospital. Normally I can and will go for 24 hours. After 24 hours it is not worth it because it is impossible to function.
>>
>>28077895
>Any advice on how stay awake and still be alert

Just remember that your seniors will fuck you up if you fall asleep. Also, fill your hand with sanitizer and take big whiffs.
>>
48 hours

Fucking computers do wonders
>>
Flex and just tighten muscles on and off wherever you're sitting or standing.
Also good for warming yourself up.
>>
>>28077895
When I was in boot we used to rub hand sanitizer under our eyes to stay awake
>>
Adderall.

Easy to find. Potent if you're not used to it even a small amount can keep you going. Longest I've stayed awake on them was 3 days. Could have went a lot longer, but I was honestly tired of being awake and becoming worried about my physical health.

Staying on them for long periods of time kind of tends to fuck with your psyche. At least it fucked with mine.
>>
>>28077913
Headsup, you left your trip on. But don't take it off I'm curious if your a vendor and about the story behind the 72 hours you stayed awake.
>>
>>28077895
4 or 4 and a half days, but it was with a couple of microsleep pauses.

I thought i was going crazy the last night, we were patrolling in a dense forest and my NVG had fogged up.
>>
File: 20151203_115738.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151203_115738.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28078011
No I'm just a spic with a gun. I stayed up for 3 days with friends playing video games.1 day at home playing video games, another day staying up for a concert. And on the 3rd day we were at the beach (didn't make it into the concert, waitied on line for like 8 hours) i fell asleep in the warm sand and got a funky tanline
>>
4 days. I normally hate taking medication but after 4 days of not being able to sleep it was desperation so I went to the doctor for sleeping pills and got them. Hallucinations when I took them the first time after that e erything was great.

I wasn't trying to stay up 4 days, I was trying to sleep but couldn't. After 2 days it was very difficult to focus on anything intellectually complex and I basically felt like shit non stop after that. I don't recommend it to anyone. Hasn't happened again either, I think it was from the extreme amount of stress I was under to do well on my finals so I could stay in school and not have wasted $30k.
>>
>>28077895
72 hours. Accidentally took what was apparently a fair amount of meth. Long story. Alertness was not an issue
>>
File: IMG_20151113_WA0013.jpg (21 KB, 540x469) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151113_WA0013.jpg
21 KB, 540x469
>>28078069
Say what? How do you accidentally take meth? I demand greentext
>>
I went to a wedding in Dallas, and drove there pounding energy drinks non-stop. I was awake about 30 hours when I got there, and checked into my hotel room, and tried to get some sleep. And then, to my horror, I just could not fucking sleep. Law and Order re-runs helped dull the tedium. I remained awake for two more days leading up to the wedding, and was quickly becoming increasingly incoherent. Finally, after the rehearsal dinner, I ended up in a hot tub in the hotel with a couple of other people who were there for the wedding, and I fell asleep in the hot tub after over sixty hours awake. And at least they never left me in the hot tub. After a good six hours napping I was right as rain.
>>
>>28077895
I used to fill my sink with ice water and when i would start getting tired i would go dunk my face in it. Me and a friend that did this a lot called it "icing".
>>
about four days. Though I probably fell asleep for like 15 minutes at a time without noticing.

I had to finish a final project in less than a week after my computer crashed
>>
>>28078022
Similar to me.

The cycle in Mountains when I went through Ranger school was 1Day of Patrols, long 20k+ march that night into the morning, go immediately into planning for the days patrol, then once that patrol is complete at like 2300 that night you get bedded down earlier and can grab 3-4 hours of sleep before starting the cycle over. Well they didn't get the memo we hadn't gotten any sleep, so we went straight into another cycle.

We all have that moments where we would be talking with our buddy in security (Always two per point, strongpoint, so they can keep eachother awake) think we were continuing to talk but actually be asleep then wake up 30 seconds later and continue the conversation we were having in our head and confuse the shit out of each other.

Ranger school really helped me develop my half sleep/recon sleep. Where your mind never completely shuts off and a certain part of you stays aware and wakes you up when there's movement or when you know its "time".
>>
Avoid being warm.

Avoid being *that* comfortable. Depending on the importance of what you're doing, stay in a position that requires muscle tension. (leaning against a wall, etc rather than on the floor)

Occupy yourself with something other than a screen. If you have to, make sure its interactive media. Television will put you to sleep.

Talk to a buddy.
>>
i don't know the longest i was ever awake, but last night i slept for 16 hours. only woke up to get water and email work to say i was sick.
>>
>>28078097
>be wet behind the ears college freshmen
>decently sheltered growing up
>did some drinking in high school but no drugs
>know fuck all about anything when it came to the subject
>hear about adderal throughout first semester
>fuckin nerds need drugs to study? pfft okay
>finals coming up
>fucking dead in the water with too heavy of a course load
>thanks for the advice mom and dad
>roomate is kind of skeezy but generally a good guy
>we get along well but our social circles never mixed
>tell him I'm fucking beat with last two finals coming up and a shit ton of studying ahead of me
>hey man don't sweat it, I've got you covered
>hands me two capsules full of pink shit
>is this adderal? Do I take both now? Why the fuck is it pink?
>yeh it's like generic brand and yeh sure you're a big guy you can go ahead and take both
>wakemeup.jpg
>CANTWAKEUP.jpg

Fucking worst 3 days of my life. Bailed on both of my finals due to paranoia, jump started a smoking habit, and almost had an RA call in EMS when he walked up on me tweaking smoking stacks in the courtyard.

All my roomate had to say about it was, "sorry man, but atleast I know how strong they are now" Took every ounce of reason and self restraint I had left at that point to not beat him senseless

Learned a ton that first year in college but that was by far the most valuable worldly lesson I recieved
>>
>>28077895
I've been awake for about 48 hours at one point. Would recommend avoiding caffeine as the lowering of your artificial equilibrium after a while will hit you HARD. Same goes for sugar.

If it's an emergency, chew coffee beans. Much more potent than drinking the coffee from the same beans, and the unpleasant taste will leave you unable to sleep.

Take short, 10 - minute naps every day you're in this situation if someone can wake you up. If, say, you need to stay hidden or something, sleep on your side so you don't snore assuming you have time to sleep.

Stay warm but not too warm. Do not tax your body in trying to maintain a steady temperature. If at all possible stay hotter than room temperature but not above 90 degrees.
>>
5 days. But then again, I had sleep anxiety, so sleeping never was an option.

Its easy. Reading entire wikipedia pages, reading entire book series, watching movies with alot of sequels. Eating during late hours also keeps you awake, because your digestive system kicks in.

All in all, I would not recommend caffeine.

Except maybe Swiss army chocolate bars.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.