[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homemade /k/ vehicles thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Trailbike.png (734 KB, 877x537) Image search: [Google]
Trailbike.png
734 KB, 877x537
Fellow /k/ucks, do you think improvised/diy vehicles have any place in your loadout? would you build your own motorcycle//minibike or car/tactical vehicle if you felt it helped you operate? Also generl /k/ approved vehicles thread, post what you got
>>
File: motorcycles.jpg (77 KB, 468x316) Image search: [Google]
motorcycles.jpg
77 KB, 468x316
Shameless self bump
>>
>>28075391
I'd love to have a small bike with an engine I could use wood alcohol to run. I feel like that would be handy if SHTF.
>>
>>28075432
I think there are a lot of advantages for small cheap diy vehicles in a shtf scenario.
>>
File: 72 Rokon22_jpg.jpg (303 KB, 2000x1339) Image search: [Google]
72 Rokon22_jpg.jpg
303 KB, 2000x1339
>>28075391
Rokon trail breaker
>hollow tire rims are each reserve fuel cans
(Attach hose to nozzle, use squeeze bulb pump to fill the tank)

>two wheel drive

Saw one pull a 1 ton pickup uphill once

>easy to fix
>dem ammo can saddle bags
>just look at it, its tough as fuck
>can go anywhere an ATV can, and probably more
>>
>>28076458
>no shocks

Might as well be a back breaker anon. (or maybe they dont go fast at all)
>>
>>28075391
With road blocks and needing to cover tough terrain a motorbike would be almost essential to any escape or recon ops.

Something larger like a U-Haul would be easily modified for more protection if you were running supplies (Although an armored bank truck would be better for that role if yoh can find some)

Eventually anything that ran would be worthbits weight in gold (in a total collapse scenario)
>>
>>28076458
>>28076476
Jesus

Suspension - Patented AutoGrab Front Suspension makes for a smooth ride even in demanding terrain like mud, sand, or snow.
Floatation - Hollow drum wheels can provide floatation or space for up to 2.5 gallons of extra fuel or water.
Powerful - Full time front and rear wheel drive with superior torque mean you can tow up to 2,000 lbs.
Climb - Climb a 60% grade. Rokons have climbed mountains rom the Rockies of Colorado to the Andes of Chile. With a ground clearance of 14 inches, the Trail-Breaker can go up and over any terrain.
Stable - Wide tractor tires (8x12x25”) and a lightweight of 218 lbs. combined with all wheel drive provides unmatched stability in any terrain.
Reliable - Standard American nuts, bolts, and chain make Rokons easy to maintain and repair. Parts are widely available and manuals easy to follow.
Versatile - From tow bars and saddle bags to side cars and log skidders, Rokon has a wide range of accessories to help you get any job done.
- See more at: https://www.rokon.com/bikes/trail-breaker#sthash.J84ts6PP.dpuf
>>
>>28076476
>30 mph top speed
>>
>>28076476
Yeah, typically 35mph or less, keep in mind that particular pic is the 1960's model. The newer ones got suspention, and they sell upgrade kits for the older models (most of which are still running)
>>
Motoped
Ultimate SHTF bike.

With a 50cc engine top speed is 30mph (you can get 110cc or 140cc engines though)
Drive train is set up so you can bepal it while the motor is running, people say that unlike most motorized bicycles, the engine doesnt produce drag when not engaged so if you run out of fuel you arent stuck pushing a motorcycle.

Can get em for 1,900 bucks.
>>
>>28076722
Correction, the 1900 thing was an expired promo deal. Its like 2,300 now.
>>
>>28076722

E-bikes are going to become really good for it, too. Much quieter.
>>
>>28076722
>>28076458
Looks like some great options if I wasn't such a poor fag
>>
>>28076722
I want one
>>
>>28076895
Yeah, and lets just say the happening happened, you are going to your bug out site, and you think the robo-ATF might be in the area. Shut off the engine and you can run silent by pedaling.

Im envisioning a setup where you strap an ammo box, a pack, and a rifle rack on there and have the whole kit n' caboodle be your bugout kit.
>>
>>28076458
>wheels reserve fuel cans
>what is minimizing rotating unsprung weight
>7 hp and 9.1 ft lb torque
enjoy going nowhere fast and getting ventilated on your shitbike
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.