[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fmj vs HP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
55 KB, 500x500
What type of ammo do you carry?
More specifically, I carry a makarov, and use FMJ because I feel with the slightly weaker 9x18 that penetration is more important than expansion. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>28074948
you should carry hollow points.
>>
>>28074968
I second this, unless maybe it's the winter, but even then iirc there are specific hollow points that are designed to penetrate as well.
>>
Buy quality hollowpoints you fucking pleb.
>>
>>28075012
Is this due to the concern of over penetration, or the fact that the HP round is more effective?
>>
>>28074948
>2015
>Not stocking your handgun full of tracer rounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirldUJ8K2Q

Get on my level guys
>>
>>28075050
Money is not my concern. I honestly thought FMJ would be better suited in the the 9x18 caliber
>>
>>28075052
Both
>>
>>28075067
No. Even fucking .380 is better to use hollowpoints with as long as you aren't buying one of the many shitty brands. FMJ overpenetrates in any caliber.
>>
>>28074948
speaking of maks, any suggestions on where to buy one?
I've been looking around and the lowest i've found is ~220 for a p83 on j&g.
>>
http://www.hornady.com/store/9-x-18mm-Makarov-95-gr-XTP/

^Ought to work like the .380 XTP in the same weight (mediocre expansion, ~12" of penetration through 4LD-covered jello). Probably your best bet.

Also, I carry 124gr+P Speer Gold Dot and I think changing between JHP and FMJ for summer/winter is stupid. Buy good ammo instead.
>>
>>28074948
in all reality if you carry FMJ youre a fucking moron looking to go to prison
>>
>>28074948
That looks like sonething i would try to put my penis in.

>>28075253
Explain faggot.
>>
>>28075296
Fmj stands for cop killer In court
>>
Dont carry FMJ.

Youre only putting yourself and those around you in danger.

You should be using "fuck your shit up rounds" exclusively in all weapons.

Pic related
>>
>>28075296
>shoot mugger
>bullet goes through his body and hits little girl who was walking behind him
>you are beaten to death in prison for killing a child
>>
>>28074948

Personally I think .380 and 9mmMak both dont have enough power to use hollowpoints effectively.

luckygunner(DAWTCOM)/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP

Shows that pretty much all the rounds that reliably expanded failed to meet desired penetration depths. and the rest of the ammo that behaved like FMJ met or exceeded the threshold.

Either way its a shitty place to be in but i'd take a little more over not enough. Or just shoot an actual cartridge like 9mm.
>>
>>28075471
That just shows that most .380 ammo is rubbish. ShootingtheBull410's .380 Ammo Quest showed that years ago. A lot of 9mm ammo used to be rubbish way back in the day hence "9mm only stings them" meme. Don't buy rubbish ammo.
>>
>>28075216
thats not a makarov
>>
>>28075531
every time I read about it they refer to it as a makarov
Does that mean that the p64 isn't a mak either?
>>
Are there 9mm rounds designed to penetrate soft armor?
>>
>>28074948
Hollow points. If you carry anything different for defense, you're an idiot and have no idea how bullets work.
>>
>>28075654
They only refer to it as that because of the cartridge it fires. Actually makarovs are much more pleasant to shoot.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1MAKBULGShooter&name=SHOOTER+GRADE+Bulgarian+Makarov+Pistol+9x18+Pistol&search=Makarov

This is the best deal I've seen for a makarov.
>>
>>28074948
I carry 185 gr. +P Golden Sabres in 45 acp. They go pretty fast for .45 acp rounds and do really well on the ballistic gelatin.
>>
>>28075148
>.380
>Not espousing the use of the Lehigh Extreme Penetrator for .380

Wat?
>>
>>28075711
damn that is low. I keep finding bulgarian makarovs for like 300
i'm totally going to get one of these
>>
>>28075810
The best bullet type, regardless of what cartridge it's in, for .380 is the XTP. A reliably expanding hollowpoint that gets deep enough penetration to comfortably make FBI standards.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.