[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I currently live in a very anti gun state and I need some advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1446091853455.jpg (40 KB, 432x615) Image search: [Google]
1446091853455.jpg
40 KB, 432x615
I currently live in a very anti gun state and I need some advice.
Just got an AR and I want to have 30 round magazines for it, but I can't get them anywhere near here or shipped here.

Should I just go to a gunstore in the next state and buy them?
Would they ask me for my ID or anything identifiable?
Should I get a PO box across the state and just order online and have it sent there?
Would that get me in any trouble?

I just not sure how to approach this issue.
Advice? anyone else experience this?
>>
>>28073328
States don't ask for ID for mags. Also the /k/ube is your friend one of us can send them to you but your ass in on the line not ours in your state.
>>
>>28073364
>States don't ask for ID for mags

Thanks for confirming that mate.
I think I got just a little too paranoid on the issue.
Much appreciated!
>>
>>28073328
>TFW i will never have a beautiful, thin, pro-gun angel to go shooting with in the day and make babies with at night.

why even live.
>>
>>28073328
in Connecticut that would be a felony and you could lose your right to own firearms.
>>
>>28073328
are there state border checks and do they search for 30 round magazines?
>>
>>28073328
what state are you in OP? certain shit lib states have grandfather clauses. like MA allows for 30 round mags as long as they are the old pre-clinton assault weapon ban ones
>>
>>28073561
No.
>>
>>28073328
buy 10/30s, drill out rivet, plug hole
go to a show and hope there are guys selling blocked mags
go a state over and buy some
but realize no matter what you do, you'll be breaking a horribly stupid law.
>>
File: state-border-big[1].jpg (109 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
state-border-big[1].jpg
109 KB, 768x576
>>28073561
>state border checks
have you never driven to a different state?
>>
>>28073564
ILL
>>
>>28073578
nevada to california has a border stop in the southeren region of california, but they usually only stop big rigs with cargo, from the 4 times ive been passed it
>>
>>28073591
I've never noticed a border any of the times I've gone to vegas. I never paid attention though.
Even if there is a border check, you don't have to consent to a search.
>>
>>28073578
The I-10 from AZ to CA has an "agriculture" checkpoint.
>>
>>28073585
OP how new to guns are you? I just googled your state laws and it took me 10 seconds to see there are no state magazine capacity restrictions, just certain local city ones. for fucks sake if wouldnt surprise me if you are 16 years old and lived in Riverdale with your idiotic first post asking about state border checks

The following cities also have capacity-based bans in place: Aurora, IL – 15 rounds; Chicago, IL – 12 rounds; Franklin Park, IL – 16 rounds; Oak Park, IL – 10 rounds; Riverdale, IL – 35 rounds.
>>
>>28073597
>dont have to consent
>"optional driver window breakage and tasering commences"
i have seen youtube videos that make that a gamble sir
>>
>>28073610
don't be a complete shithead and nothing will happen.
>I wasn't driving, I was traveling
>are you detaining me or am I free to go?
>I don't need to give you ID
>I'm audio recording
>open window 1/2" and close it when you're done talking
>>
>>28073597
They don't stop you on the way in to Nevada, but on the way out, but usually they pass everyone a long, its mostly an "agriculture" checkpoint like the other anon said

Like I said though, I have never seen regular people in regular cars stopped
>>
>>28073622
yeah you would think its that easy but:
https://youtu.be/oMEo792fUX4

https://youtu.be/u4Ku17CqdZg
>>
>>28073653
>I want to check your trunk uhh because your car is dirty?
I mean, a lot of these guys are faggots, but that guy didn't seem too bad.
>>
>>28073683
im just saying i get what you mean, but these guys are programmed robots and practically speaking unless you want to waste 2 hours being illegally detained and possibly tased or have your property broken, it's easier to just comply with their bullshit. of course if everyone stood up for themselves like the dude in the videos, they wouldnt be able to get away with it
>>
I've never been stopped at the agri checkpoints, ever. If you look like a normal tourist type you're good to go. At a store just pay cash. Most places, even with a card, will never ask to see your ID though. A few do but most don't give a shit. I haven't signed any of my credit card backs in years and no one has cared even though they always look at the back so they know what side the mag strip is one
>>
>>28073599
For the past 20 years I've driven between Cali and AZ and have not once been searched. The only thing they've ever asked is "are you bringing fruit into Cali?"
>>
>>28075740
Am I being detained?
>>
File: GUBBMINT_CAME_AN_TOOK_MUH_PEW.jpg (400 KB, 732x576) Image search: [Google]
GUBBMINT_CAME_AN_TOOK_MUH_PEW.jpg
400 KB, 732x576
>>28073541
I've seen CT troopers parked near RI fun stores. I imagine they were taking down plate numbers for the purge that the left dreams of.
I pray that the center shifts to the right next year, so we can fix some of the evil here.
>>
>>28075803
don't post that made up nonsense. there is enough factual information to make macros of.
>>
File: 1395824925164.jpg (71 KB, 646x587) Image search: [Google]
1395824925164.jpg
71 KB, 646x587
>>28075803
>>
>>28075838
The photo is fake. My statement is not.
I don't know what to tell you if you feel that image isn't appropriate. As one of Connecticut's "taxpayers" (we're not referred to as Citizens in government-generated paperwork anymore), I can tell you that image isn't far from reality here. Our fight is all uphill.
>>
Just a note on the CA checkpoints. I was traveling back to Lemoore, CA, on I-40 when I crossed into CA, and the Border Patrol and CHP had a checkpoint set up. They stopped me and asked me where I was coming from and where I was going, also if it was just me in the vehicle. I answered their questions, and they let me go on my way. I was a little nervous, but only because I had my 92FS with "hi-cap" assault clips. but they didn't ask, and I didn't tell.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.