[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there women-only gun classes? If you're learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
Why are there women-only gun classes? If you're learning to shoot, shouldn't your sex be largely irrelevant?
>>
>>28073249
blue board motherfucker

those tits aren't even good
>>
>>28073249
because women are very self conscious so if there in a class full of women how bad could it be? because this a "male oriented hobby"
>>
>>28073249
why are there women only restrooms? if you're taking a shit, shouldn't your sex be largely irrelevant?
>>
>>28073255
>blue board

this is clearly a black board m8
>>
File: SKK.jpg (46 KB, 690x960) Image search: [Google]
SKK.jpg
46 KB, 690x960
>>28073272
>black board
>>
Classes with like gender participants learn better together than co-ed classes. It is not necessary that the instructor(s) are the same gender, but that all the students are to better balance the amount of instruction each individual receives.

Studies have shown that men are more likely to interrupt in class, ask questions, and have their names remembered by the instructor. This results in female students receiving less constructive individual instruction.
>>
Because they want to shoot without a bunch of neckbears drooling over them.
Because they can drop their lady behavior and show their true face/relax/be themselves easier.
Because they do not want to be corrected by supreme gentlemen all the time, women deal with criticism differently from men and also communicate it differently.
>>
>>28073255
What is non-sexual nudity?
>>28073258
>because this a "male oriented hobby"
Says who? Since when?
>>28073261
>if you're taking a shit, shouldn't your sex be largely irrelevant?
It is, and that's why I freely use the women's bathroom if the men's room is full. Likewise, I would have no problem with a woman using the men's restroom if she felt the need to, and I know some women who do just that.
>>28073299
I'm not sure how true that is, and even if it is, isn't that the instructor's fault?
>>
>>28073255
I'd suck on them
>>
>>28073304
>Because they want to shoot without a bunch of neckbears drooling over them.
I highly doubt that. Women love attention from men. Why else would makeup be a zillion dollar industry?
>Because they can drop their lady behavior and show their true face/relax/be themselves easier.
They can do that anyway. I highly doubt anyone would say that a surprise break was bad because it wasn't "lady behavior."
>Because they do not want to be corrected by supreme gentlemen all the time, women deal with criticism differently from men and also communicate it differently.
Define "supreme gentlemen."
>>
>>28073343
/r9k/ pls go.

>makeup, all women are attention whores
Firstly, they do it to feel better about themselves since they want to adhere to societies beauty standards. Those are made by men, but they dont know that.
Secondly if a women does try to be attractive, do you think she would want to attract a fat, smelly, neckbearded fedoratipper who gives them a creepy stare?

>behavior
Again, it doesn't matter what men think, it matters what they think men think and what society thinks of them.

>supreme gentlemen
The fact that I have to define this for you shows your reddit. Basically dudes who are creepy or pseudo-gentlemen white knight types.

All in all I think women go to women only classes or gyms because they do not want to be treated differently I guess.
>>
>>28073329
>I'm not sure how true that is, and even if it is, isn't that the instructor's fault?

It is in part the instructor's fault, but the students play a role as well. From both sides it is mostly unintentional, and from the instructor's side that requires extra awareness that considering the subject matter is a bit down the line of things to worry about.

Moving to a single gender environment also allows people to shed traditional gender roles like >>28073304 referred to. Maybe the young miss who is excited about how trigger control affects where her shots are going decides to stay quiet instead of asking further questions when mr packleader next to her decides that he needs to demand further attention from the instructor. She didn't want to give up her learning, nor was he trying to quash it; but the situation results in her missing out in a very fluid hard to catch in the moment manner.

A pretty singular example, but there are many such nuances in co-ed environments that tend to hurt the learning of females more than males.

All the studies about this stuff are based on the business/income success rate differences from good small classroom environment co-ed schools versus small environment women's schools.

So it is not absolute, but they provide compelling arguments.
>>
>>28073377
Calm down, tumblr.
>>
>>28073249
Studies have shown that male and female teachers favored female students, female teachers do it to a greater degree than males

Maybe its so that the women don't disrupt class as much and demand so much of the attention away from the men taking the course
>>
>>28073249
She really needs to put that shirt back on.
>>
>>28073443
That is categorically wrong. Male students are often favored by implicit bias and tend to be given better grades and higher praise for the same work as female counterparts. Some teachers do try to overcompensate for this by flipping the opposite way. Neither way is especially equitable

>lrn 2 pedagogy

Anyway, OP, no real idea why. I wuld guess its to get around social stigmas of "guns are a guy thing" and to make entry into guns as a sport and means of defense easier. Also it might make it less likely for some fudd to say "gee darlin ur woman hands can't handle that gun" when data suggests that when a shooter is properly trained, gender is pretty much a non issue for any caliber.
>>
>>28073495
>Male students are often favored by implicit bias and tend to be given better grades and higher praise for the same work as female counterparts.
Prove it.
>>
>>28073255
Just put that face under a paperbag and I'd hump that bitch. twice on sunday
>>
>>28073495
I'm on my phone so I can't post links but just look it up, women are favored in all things but court cases and in the classroom are two of the more common ones
>>
>>28073495
Spot the person who doesn't belong here! Found them, it's you. Take your blatent lies with you when you fuck off
>>
>>28073249
>Why are there women-only gun classes?

Because no one intending to learn self defence wants to get jumped by a dozen greasers going "hey babe, don't you think you need something a little smaller? Let me show you how to do your stance, look I'm putting your hips like this..."
>>
>>28073528
Bullshit you can't post links, kid. You and your feminist bullshit ain't welcome around these parts
>>
>>28073503
So straight up, this isn't some feminist shit, this is simply how we are programmed.

As silly as it is to bring up on /k/, unconscious gender bias in a learning environment is based more on perceptions of chance for success than it is "oh I want to fuck that person".

Categorically, the art of war is a mans job. An instructor however they may not realize it, but in a co-ed setting they will often work harder to help make sure the men present succeed at "doing their job". The females present, while they will still receive the same material will usually not be provided as much individual constructive attention since there are males present that are "more important" to be taught the role of defender.

To help >>28073528 out, here is an example with math and sciences tests

http://www.nber.org/papers/w20909

As a summary from Claire Cain Miller of the New York Times:

Beginning in 2002, the researchers studied three groups of Israeli students from sixth grade through the end of high school. The students were given two exams, one graded by outsiders who did not know their identities and another by teachers who knew their names.
In math, the girls outscored the boys in the exam graded anonymously, but the boys outscored the girls when graded by teachers who knew their names. The effect was not the same for tests on other subjects, like English and Hebrew. The researchers concluded that in math and science, the teachers overestimated the boys’ abilities and underestimated the girls’, and that this had long-term effects on students’ attitudes toward the subjects.
>>
>>28073600
Wrong femnazi. Take your propaganda with you when you fuck off.
>>
I'll tell this story.

I was a grade school gym/health teacher, grades 6-8. Due to the latest retarded teaching fad, grades 6-8 were grouped together, and divided into two groups. (That way the weak kids could perform at a grade 6 level even though they are in grade 8, and the grade strong kids could perform at a grade 8 level even though they are in grade 6. I know you have questions, but the answer is it's stupid.)

Anyways, every two months, the two groups would have students exchanged between them so kids could interact with different peers (ie, weed out toxic relationships)

So, I had to teach sex ed as a unit, and I asked for two months we do a straight gender split. It got approved, and a bunch of teachers were legit interested to see how straight gender groups would interact and perform.

I am not going to get into all that because I just taught health and gym. The two things I will say are:

1) I never had more interested and attentive students when teaching elementary sex ed.

2) During the gender split, I said fuck it, we're doing wrestling because why not. And I tell you what, some girls who would not perform in a mixed gender class excelled because they were too embarassed to look unfeminine in front of boys. When it was only girls, the competition was ferocious because they were less self concisious. Sounds like shit, but I guess that society.

I assume the same principle applies here.
>>
>>28073600
1. Isreali students? Why? Did this take place in Isreal or the United States?

2. How the hell do you subjectively mark a math test?

3. How does this jive with the fact that male students have less overall success due to percieved behavioural issues (ie, they need to move and be physical more, and therefore perform less well in direct instruction classrooms)
>>
>>28073600
>Beginning in 2002, the researchers studied three groups of Israeli students from sixth grade through the end of high school. The students were given two exams, one graded by outsiders who did not know their identities and another by teachers who knew their names.
>In math, the girls outscored the boys in the exam graded anonymously, but the boys outscored the girls when graded by teachers who knew their names. The effect was not the same for tests on other subjects, like English and Hebrew. The researchers concluded that in math and science, the teachers overestimated the boys’ abilities and underestimated the girls’, and that this had long-term effects on students’ attitudes toward the subjects.
that's gotta be one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard.
If you write 2+2 = 5, I'll mark it wrong regardless of whether or not I know your name, or whether or not you have a penis. math problems aren't something that get graded based on your fucking feelings.
>>
>>28073648
1) Israeli study, just the first that came to mind.

2) Partial credit awarded, I linked the study but sadly it is paywalled, I'm sure there is a pastebin somewhere.

3) The study focuses on the results of instructor bias, the performance of each gender is not really important compared to the difference in how their performances are rated in a gender neutral environment.
>>
>>28073686
I just pulled it from my university's online library portal.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p3d1ys

43 pages

I might read it later today, it is 5 am here, I just got up to feed the baby and put it back to sleep and got into this thread because of tits, and stayed because I am actually a teacher and this interests me.
>>
>>28073705
...and skipping to the conclusion, it seems that their thesis is:

In a grade school classroom, teachers expect boys to perform better in math, and give them more reinforcement. This reinforcement encourages them to perform better. in the long run.

Not unbelieveable in the least, actually.
>>
>>28073600
but wouldnt bitches be the ones stuck back at the village with the kids?
wouldnt they need combat training?
>>
>>28073343
>women love attention from men

I started going out with my girl and 5 or 6 of her gal pals about twice a month and its been eye opening. Namely I've learned that guys think they choose and pick up women by being charming or funny, but most of the time she's the one who selected them and now shes just letting him play his dumb little game to see if he does anything unattractive to spoil it.
Women pick the men they want attention from then catch his attention to get him to pursue her. Also, women know guys dont give a shit about makeup or name brand clothes, and only care about whats under all of it. They wear such things mainly to impress eachother.

Also I have learned that 8/10 guys get pushy as fuck the second thier immature advances are recieved by anything except total adoration and kill whatever small chance they might have been able to salvage.

Nobody likes it when a stranger gets in thier face uninvited and wont take the hint to go away.

Even had one guy follow us out to the car, then try to follow us back to my apartment despite repeated flat out statements from her "im not interested in you, stop following us, go away"

Womens only classes exist because guys like that exist. Nobody wants to try learning how to shoot while some asshole begs for thier phone number and then calls them a lesbian whore because shes unimpressed by his immaturity.

I got no problem with a bunch of gals learning how to shoot together, why do you? Its no different than a bunch of men hanging out and not having to worry about being judged by the opposite sex for farting, belching, drinking too much, and talking shit.
>>
This thread needs more naked chicks with guns.
>>
>>28073536
>this

Every time I take my girl to the range I can rest assured that if I turn my back for 5 seconds some guy will be in our stall offering unsolicited advice whilst standing uncomfortably close and performing classic male posturing rituals. Got to the point where she just flat out states "this isnt a bar, i didnt come here to hook up, i came here to shoot with my boyfriend"

Its really fun to watch em get embarassed.

One time I was smoking out back and one was all "you meet the ice queen in stall 5? Im all "hey you want me to help you load that" and shes all "nope, go away." Fuckin bitch. I bet shes a dyke"

Fuckin music to my ears.
>>
File: 2.png (70 KB, 948x472) Image search: [Google]
2.png
70 KB, 948x472
>>28073714
>In math, the girls outscored the boys in the exam graded anonymously, but the boys outscored the girls when graded by teachers who knew their names.

If I understand the chart in pic related...

1. In the classroom, male students recieve significantly higher marks in math, but perform almost equally well as girls on the national exam, marked by faceless government drones.

2.The same happens for girls in English class.

3. Hebrew is included because it can be used as an objective baseline under the "Me fail English? That's unpossible!" theory.

Again, this is in Isreal, so the bias of teachers with regards to math and gender may not be similar to North Americain student and teacher experience.
>>
/K/ommandos discuss women: where do they are and why?
>>
>>28073788
Women are nothing but myths, like skinwalkers.

So don't worry about them.
>>
>>28073714
Bingo, if we expect someone to do well or perform in a certain role we will usually encourage them to do so.

This leads to the simplified statement of "same gender classes promote better learning in firearms instruction" since we chop out the potential for defender/nurturer to play a part as an interruption to instruction in a co-ed environment.
>>
>>28073249
Ask yourself.

What is the gender demographic of most gun classes?
>>
same reason there are women only gyms
>>
>>28073377
>Implying women pre 30s are anything but semen demons.
>>
Women are shitty shots. They feel uncomfortable in classes with mostly men just because they suck at shooting. In women-only classes they are free to be a shitty shooter without feeling too terrible. It's like a special needs class.
>>
>>28073249
I made a thread about people getting shot yesterday.
It was deleted in 4 minutes for not being related to weapons.
>>
>>28073329
>Says who? Since when?
Says biology. Since Homo sapien.
Women are not made to like or be good at using weapons
>>
What's the gun in OP pic?
>>
>>28073249
It's like men and women have identical standards of physical capability and mental fortitude to make the best of dire situations

Come back when you're 18, OP
>>
>>28073377
>All in all I think women go to women only classes or gyms because they do not want to be treated differently I guess.

What?
They want to be separated because they want to be treated the same? How the fuck does that make sense to you?
>>
>>28074105
>physical capability and mental fortitude
Yeah, because shooting classes require a 500 S&W, 150 push ups, and extreme survival skills.
>>
File: 4e1b40ddeddc6c350e00ba7c.jpg (35 KB, 536x481) Image search: [Google]
4e1b40ddeddc6c350e00ba7c.jpg
35 KB, 536x481
bitch had her eyebrows stolen so she got a gun
>>
>>28073255
tits are tits my nigga. also, the chick may not be good, but those tits aren't bad either.
>>
>>28073330
second this
>>
File: 1355111602135.gif (426 KB, 180x125) Image search: [Google]
1355111602135.gif
426 KB, 180x125
>>28073733
I was kind of against you until this
>I got no problem with a bunch of gals learning how to shoot together, why do you? Its no different than a bunch of men hanging out and not having to worry about being judged by the opposite sex for farting, belching, drinking too much, and talking shit.

But then it all made sense. Well put.
>>
File: taking_a_girl_to_the_range.jpg (410 KB, 1921x1034) Image search: [Google]
taking_a_girl_to_the_range.jpg
410 KB, 1921x1034
>>28073249
>>
>>28073249

>That buttface

Some guy thought his girlfriend was hot enough to make this ridiculous picture.
>>
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>28073329
>What is non-sexual nudity
Something that the mods don't understand. Don't bother fighting it, it'd be like fighting the Gestapo
>>
>>28074119
>I want to have a standard level of skill
>but I also don't want to be drooled on
This shouldn't be so damn hard.
>>
>>28074131
Or maybe it involves struggling with a physically stronger or similarly armed aggressor, and the shooter requires adaptation due to their physically weaker stature and general lack of combat instinct to stand a chance in the face of danger.
>>
>>28073378
Well put.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.