[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EU TRYING TO BAN LEGAL SEMI-AUTOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: logo-EU.jpg (76 KB, 2050x1366) Image search: [Google]
logo-EU.jpg
76 KB, 2050x1366
The EU has been trying to ban legal semi-autos that look like military full autos.

Here's the press release: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-6110_en.htm

The petition against this stupidity is at 230k signatures: https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-eu-you-cannot-stop-terrorism-by-restricting-legal-gun-ownership

Finland has stated it rejects such a ban: http://www.hs.fi/talous/a1448604373908

I heard rumors that the Czechs and Poles had similar opinions.

Anybody have any updates?
>>
>>28073091
>any updates?

YES ITS 2015 FINALLY EUROPE GETS COMMON SENSE
>>
I thought they already did.
>>
>YES ITS 2015 FINALLY EUROPE GETS COMMON SENSE

Thats the Opinion of a Gun Grabber who has not the smallest idea how the laws are for legal gun owner... if you think this new "laws" will stop terrorism in the EU you are a totally wrong.
>>
>>28073102
Already did what? Pass the ban? No.

There's still a ton of national and supranational discussion to be had.
>>
>>28073110
CMON

PEOPLE
>>
If anyone from any EU country has news that their government also rejects this ban, pls post.

For instance, I've seen Czech and Polish posters on here saying their govts would reject it.

Some sauce would be nice.
>>
File: 1447254813402.jpg (22 KB, 315x426) Image search: [Google]
1447254813402.jpg
22 KB, 315x426
>>28073091
> let us ban legal semi-autos so that terrorists cannot buy them anymore to prevent them from raiding paris with fully illegal full-auto ex-warstock assault rifles :^)

God i hate the EU more and more by the day
>>
None of the countries that matter will adhere to this. The others already have restrictions on semi-auto weapons anyway. You can own pretty much anything in the UK if you're willing to put in the effort, but it's strictly straight pull/bolt action only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZbVM7KGhU
>>
>>28073763
Actually, you can own a self loading rifle in the UK, but only in .22LR.
>>
>>28073773
Technically any rimfire is okay.

Someone should make a .50 rimfire just to make a point.
>>
>>28073940
Something like .50-70 Government?
>>
>>28074108
>>28073940
Fuck, I'm retarded, i meant .58 rimfire. nevermind me.
>>
>>28073773
>>28073763
It's quite shocking that the EU wants to even surpass the strict UK laws..,
B7 is only refers to cosmetics not similarity to a full auto action.
.. if it passes the UK tacticool 10/22 will get banned, as well as straight pull AR-15s as even deactivated "military firearms" that can't shoot at all are dangerous in the eyes of the gun grabbers
... that stated something about also looking into banning hunting rifles as they are even more dangerous and stronger than AKs as they use even more "black powder"...

If you know fudds and .22lr Brits that feel safe, tell them they are not.
>>
>>28073091
Germany:
There doesn't seem to be an official German position.
The biggest party in Germany CDU/CSU seems to be run by Fudds, statements about the law were skeptical but along the line "don't worry break action hunting rifles will be safe"

The only pro gun parties seem to be:
FDP (free market libertarians)
AFD (new right-wingish party)
ALFA (former head of AFD that got scared away by the members being too pro Russian and anti Islam)
(German) Statement by a MEP of ALFA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEY1OtChZqA

The small parties together with the Fudds would be able to stop it... the position of the left is fairly clear.

So it's up to making the Fudds aware that the law goes far beyond category B7 and that they'll loose voters if they support it.
>>
>>28075040
I was under the impression there's no such thing as a free market libertarian in Europe.

How popular are they as a whole, and what do people think of them?
>>
>>28074890
>>28075040
>B7

What's that?
>>
>>28075053
It's bloody hard to find.
It's a category that was banned in Germany up to 2003, and refers to "weapons that LOOK LIKE full auto firearms" depending on interpretation it can ban anything from a Glock to black painted 10/22.
>>
>>28075051
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Democratic_Party_%28Germany%29

The FDP used to be the small party always actively involved in German politics up to 2001..
as the small party in coalition with one of the main center parties (SPD, CDU)

In 2001 the green party ended up in power together with the SPD (social-democrats) taking the traditional FDP position. When the FDP regained power with the CDU (Cristian right-center), and a personal record of 14% votes, they didn't manage to convince the voters that they were even trying to start any reforms like a simpler taxation system. (while the greens previously managed to kill the industry with green energy subsidies and less seats in parliament).
The FDP minister of health even supported a data grabbing digitized healthcare reform... voters (that traditionally included doctors) were pissed and the FDP ended up not even getting into the current German parliament (close below the threshold of 5% votes and only 3 seats in the EU parliament).
>>
>>28075321
messed up some dates the SDP/Green coalition was from 1998 not 2001... (2001 was when the Leftists and Greens stopped banning category B7 ! )
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.